• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

360 "Red ring of death", wtf?

I think all th enewer Xbox consoles come with much better heat distribution so this problem shoudn't be as frequent. I suppose the good thing is that Microsoft recognise this problem and extend the warrenties.

got a 360 a couple weeks back, was having that disc noise too and a few very short freezes. I bough one of those Mad Catz base with battery charging and fan thingy - and it seems i dont have the loud disc noise and short freeze... Will see it continues... fingers crossed.

out topic question, do you guys play lots on Xobx Live? I am moving in a new place over the next couple of weeks (am in Auckland) and will definitely get the Gold membership to play online - what are you guys playing the most? Call of Duty4? do you find it easy to fing games in Oz or NZ? am definitely keen for games guys - i'll post my ID wehn am ready to rumble!

:eek:)

got a 360 a couple weeks back, was having that disc noise too and a few very short freezes. I bough one of those Mad Catz base with battery charging and fan thingy - and it seems i dont have the loud disc noise and short freeze... Will see it continues... fingers crossed.

out topic question, do you guys play lots on Xobx Live? I am moving in a new place over the next couple of weeks (am in Auckland) and will definitely get the Gold membership to play online - what are you guys playing the most? Call of Duty4? do you find it easy to fing games in Oz or NZ? am definitely keen for games guys - i'll post my ID wehn am ready to rumble!

:eek:)
[/b]

Yep, I have no trouble at all finding games online and it pretty much instantly pairs me up. I play FIFA08 online mostly, COD4 is awesome too but haven't played it in a while.

That disc noise/short freeze is a pain in the ass eh. My first 360 which RROD'd on me always did it, now I have a replaced newer version and it's smooth as could be. Hope it doesn't crap out down the line though, chances are it will <_<

You have probably melted the compenents inside the console, there is a neat little trick to fix that.

Wrap a towel around your console pretty tight....then turn it on for half an hour or so so that it melts the compenents back into place and then it should be up and running.

It worked for my friend anyway. I haven't had a single problem with mine but I use a fan around the back of it to keep it cooler and to extend its life.

As soon as it does crap out on me I shall be getting an Elite anyway, so it won't bother me too much :p

I got the red ring of death 2 days after I bought mine. oddly enough I simply turned it off and it was fine. nearly gave me a friggin heart attack when it ahppened though. Still as said it good that microsoft acknoledge their fault here and have given nice big warranties

I got the red ring of death 2 days after I bought mine. oddly enough I simply turned it off and it was fine. nearly gave me a friggin heart attack when it ahppened though. Still as said it good that microsoft acknoledge their fault here and have given nice big warranties
[/b]
Are you sure it wasn't a problem with your power...sometimes when the power goes out and I am on it the red light comes on, but then is fine...

The insider says the best way to avoid the "red ring of death" is to keep the console vertical and well-ventilated, because many failures are heat-related.[/b]

My first one died overnight, turned it off as normal and went to bed - later the next day I tried to turn it on and I had the RROD. There were no warning signs before this...

But then again, the ring of death flashes at you when the cables are not plugged in correctly aswell so you might of knocked a cable out.

when you don't have the audio cables plugged in its the whole ring flashing red. RROD is 3.

I had the same error and arranged from my 360 to be repaired and it cam back quick about 9 days and is quieter. Take advantage of teh extended 3yr on this error is my advice

Latest posts