• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

4N New Zealand v England

I'm almost hoping England can pull off and upset here and that we lose tomorrow - I want to see more of this next week!

Well, Origin is manufactured. This is much better, but it should be.

It's all manufactured - but this is class. Shame they didn't get a full house for this in NZ. It is South Island I suppose

Hahaha, Poetic Justice there England.

I have to say that the past couple years of international footy has been absolutely brilliant - lots of tight matches of a very high standard. Last year's WC had some absolute classics between the big 3 - Aus v Eng for the opener was a brilliant match, but the semi final took the cake. The Final itself was a bit of a clinic, but the Roos had a full roster and seemed to completely click in the way you generally only see teams like the All Blacks do.

Pitty about the crowd numbers, was such an exciting game and definitely a good stadium. Have to be honest and admit I kinda expected the scoreline and momentum to be the other way around. I'd do think the Kiwis can go all the way, beating the Kangaroos twice might be quite a feat though.

Last edited:
Same old, same old. England will not win a major tournament with Steve McNamara in charge.

Same old, same old. England will not win a major tournament with Steve McNamara in charge.

Watching this England rugby league team is a lot like watching the Welsh Union team in many ways - they're often very close to winning teams, but always seem to just end up "gallant in a close defeat".

Was as having a look for UK coverage for this one Dan - papers don't seem to cover it much though... Where do you go for UK coverage?

Also, for the record this match was better than any of the Union games over night.

Hey! Someone knows an app for Android that notifies Rugby League games? Like Ultima Rugby for Union Games.

I always forget them, because here the TV doesn't show League games, only Rugby Union.

I would watch the League games on live

Samoa v Australia was a bit of a blow out in the end, but it wasn't a bad game. Will be very interesting to see how Australia do next week against NZ - you'd have to think they'll be better than they were in week one, but NZ have been pretty good so far.

Have to say though, we really need to drop Walker - everything that goes wrong when we're playing seems to have him at the centre of it.

Watching this England rugby league team is a lot like watching the Welsh Union team in many ways - they're often very close to winning teams, but always seem to just end up "gallant in a close defeat".

Was as having a look for UK coverage for this one Dan - papers don't seem to cover it much though... Where do you go for UK coverage?

Also, for the record this match was better than any of the Union games over night.

BBC Sport but their coverage isn't especially brilliant. We have a couple of small dedicated weekly RL newspapers but I suspect that might not be worth the subscription to you in Australia, Dan!

England have a total mental block when it comes to winning the big game. McNamara's record against the Kangaroos and the Kiwis is P8 W1 L7. That is not a record of a coach that should even be considered to be kept on.

BBC Sport but their coverage isn't especially brilliant. We have a couple of small dedicated weekly RL newspapers but I suspect that might not be worth the subscription to you in Australia, Dan!

England have a total mental block when it comes to winning the big game. McNamara's record against the Kangaroos and the Kiwis is P8 W1 L7. That is not a record of a coach that should even be considered to be kept on.

Yeah, to be honest I don't know how he has stayed in the job this long because whilst England can play brilliant footy they just seem completely incapable of closing out games under him. Any word he might go?

There'll be a meeting this week I imagine as the RFL go over the tour. I think he'll stay on personally as the performances were a lot better than I was expecting. But talk of beating Australia was nonsense. We had the Kangaroos right where we wanted them and went into our shells.

There'll be a meeting this week I imagine as the RFL go over the tour. I think he'll stay on personally as the performances were a lot better than I was expecting. But talk of beating Australia was nonsense. We had the Kangaroos right where we wanted them and went into our shells.

You did beat them, in the 79th minute. That was a try for all money.

Latest posts