5 brothers from England to play for Slovena against Bulgaria in ENC 2C

bakakumon

Academy Player
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
Hong Kong
635327391973726957_kor-rugby_slovenija-33.jpg

Five Skofic brothers have a chance to make an international debut in the Slovenia national rugby team. There has never been a set of five brothers who have all played international rugby or any other international team sport together.

Slovenian national rugby team will play Bulgaria in the European Nations Cup, in Ljubljana. Five brothers from England will be donning national jersey. The Skofic brothers (Archie, Frankie, George, Jack and Max) will play for the team. Their late father was a Slovene, whose biggest wish was to see them all play on the same team. That wish will now come true. By playing for Slovenia, the brothers will give up any hope of ever being able to play for England. But they say they don't mind. If they manage to make a debut together they will set a new record which will be published in the Guinness World Records book.There has never been five brothers who have all played international rugby or any other international team sport together.

http://www.demotix.com/news/4434844/five-brothers-england-play-slovenian-national-rugby-team

image_10712550_0.jpg

Slovenia 43:17 Bulgaria in front of 2500 viewers
Max Skofic got MVP

Played with Jack before (at least I think it was Jack, we just all called him Skofic so I'm never entirely sure as to first name), was certainly far too good for my lowly level... fair play to him and his brothers, nice way to honour their father's memory. That's what I call family bonding - thanks for posting about it.

Played with Jack before (at least I think it was Jack, we just all called him Skofic so I'm never entirely sure as to first name), was certainly far too good for my lowly level... fair play to him and his brothers, nice way to honour their father's memory. That's what I call family bonding - thanks for posting about it.
nice to know your experience with a national team player
There is not much news about these brothers in English, but find it quite inspiring
Thanks for replying and hope the team promote to higher division :)

Latest posts