• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

50 words - who will win and WHY

C

Caledfwlch

Alright lads. Who's up for a challenge?

The 2007 Rugby World Cup - 20 teams vying for glory. Can England defend their ***le? Will the All Blacks triumph after 20 years? Can you rule out the Wallabies or the Springboks? Or will one of the underdogs steal the thunder in France?.

<div align="center">All you have to do is to tell me in no more than 50 words, which country deserves to win the World Cup and why.</div>

<div align="center">Closing Date: 17 Sept 2007 (GMT +8)</div>

<div align="left">First Prize: 5 rep pts</div>
<div align="left">Second Prize: 3 rep pts</div>
<div align="left">Third Prize: 2 rep pts</div>

<div align="left">Rep pts courtesy of yours truly. </div>
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center">Winners will be announced on 22 Sept 2007 ( Again, local time)</div>
<div align="center">
</div>
<div align="left">Entries are unlimited but please be creative in your answers. </div>

<div align="left">Looking forward to hearing from all of you!</div>

Australia.
Because they were three points away last time. Because they thrive at winning World Cups against odds. Because France/ New Zealand have already planned their victory parades. Because Mortlock. Because Gregan. Because Waugh is a very lucky name if your team plays a game invented by Brits (see cricket).

50 words :cheers:

New Zealand.

Why???

Because they have done the most in making rugby a true spectacle over the professional era, and have continued to lead the evolution of the game in a positive sense. Choosing attractive rugby over defensive strategy.

Because they are the measuring stick in World Rugby for Style, Quality, Class, Composure, Brand and Team Spirit.

New Zealand.

Why???

Because they have done the most in making rugby a true spectacle over the professional era, and have continued to lead the evolution of the game in a positive sense. Choosing attractive rugby over defensive strategy.

Because they are the measuring stick in World Rugby for Style, Quality, Class, Composure, Brand and Team Spirit. [/b]

That's more than 50 words......

NEW ZEALAND only because aussies won it twice ...Having it 3 times really isn't fair :p

I Bleed Black, you're gonna have to bleed something with less words. Thats more than 50.

New Zealand will finally win back the Webb Ellis trophy because out of all other countries competing, the All Blacks stepped in on France soil being the most prepared team ever. The three wise men have been experimenting considerately their rotation-policy and re-conditioning programme for so long, so good.

B)

New Zealand

world class squad, particular in the influential positions of 3, 7 and 10. They could only fall to either a very physical challenge or "choking". Given that Henry has tried to create the fittest strongest team on the planet, and has targetted their mental preparation this won't happen.

Right then, can we clarify a few rules then.

Makeyuppy Words - First of all if the word isnt a real word does it count? If so, do words like begorrah count as one or two words?

Numbers - If I type the number 7 does that count as a word?

Numbers don't count as words. And hyphenated words counts as one. But don't be pulling any fast ones by hyphenating-your-entire-paragragh just to shorten it :D . And made up words like "BEGORAH" count as one word. i.e taking begorah to mean horrible, "They played like begorah". or something like that. That makes four words.

I think Argentina deserves to win the WC. They're the most realistic underdogs to go all the way in this competition. Like the pacific nations, the Argentinian team has come together with little preparation and is glued together only by their passion which was evident in their upset over France.

South Africa

Good Captain; Strong solid tight five; Well balanced loose forwards; Great scrum half; Pacey Wingers and very reliable goalkicker. They also possess drop goal kickers all round. They are a well settled team. The have an innovative coach and are well drilled.

Wales.

My girlfriend told me last night that I don't get excited about anything apart from rugby. If the passion and pride I show towards the Welsh game isn't enough, then I don't know what is.

south africa
beautiful yet rough. hair styles? how could you go wrong picking the boks. percy makes some supermodels jealous. schalks hair has a birds nest growing in it. not to mention os has some nice boobs too...its that mix of beauty, brawn and bosoms that will win it.

Ireland.

Horan=Scorin', Best=Blessed, Hayes=Weighs, POC=Rock, DOC=Block, Leamy=Steamy, Wallace=Flawless, Easterby=Busybee, Stringer=Zinger, ROG=Dodge, D'arcy=Pacy, BOD=GOD, Horgan=Gorgon, Hickie=Quickie, Girv=Swerve.

Trimble=Nimble, Boss=Boss, Mok=Lock, Best=Beast, Flan=The Man, Best=Zest, Wallace=Lawless, Murphy=...........Durfee?

Whats so funny about that? He stands a far better chance than you of getting plus rep. So let your fingers do the talkng.

One question - how is the winner picked?

Is it the best entry which includes the correct prediction, or are we simply talking about style of writing?

Doesn't seem entirely clear to me. Because I don't think for a moment England will win, but I could probably come up with some fairly poetic reasons why they might.

I pick the winner. How exciting your 50 words are, how poetic etc etc it all counts. Just want to see who makes the most sense, laughter, comedy etc etc. For people to express themselves and you'll get awarded for it.