• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

6 nations champion?

I think it was a heat beetwen France and Wales. The last game is already a final!!

My prediction

1 Wales
2 France
3 England
4 Ireland
5 Italy
6 Scotland

I think it was a heat beetwen France and Wales. The last game is already a final!!

My prediction

1 Wales
2 France
3 England
4 Ireland
5 Italy
6 Scotland
[/b]

Got to go for France although home advantage might swing that match Wales's way. Ireland/England will be good too.

amended predictions:

1. France 10 points

2. Wales 8 points

3. Ireland 6 points

4. England 6 points

5. Italy 2 points

6. Scotland 0 points

on the basis than Ireland beat Wales and England beat Ireland and France don't lose. I think Ireland have a good chance at Twickers, but i'm biased and we must be due for a win no surely.

Joint 3rd?

That means Ireland and Wales not only have the same amount of wins, draws and losses, but the same points difference, points for and points against...doesn't it?
Please correct me if i'm wrong.
[/b]

i think they'll have the same points, not exactly the same difference. I think Wales will lose to Ireland and France and beat Italy. I can see Ireland beating Scotland and Wales and see England beating them at Twickenham.

I think England will beat France, Ireland will beat England and Wales, Wales will beat Italy, Italy will beat Scotland, and Scotland will beat England.

amended predictions:

1. France 10 points

2. Wales 8 points

3. Ireland 6 points

4. England 6 points

5. Italy 2 points

6. Scotland 0 points

on the basis than Ireland beat Wales and England beat Ireland and France don't lose. I think Ireland have a good chance at Twickers, but i'm biased and we must be due for a win no surely.
[/b]

At the start of the season I would have thought it a given but going on what we've seen so far I'm not so sure, we'll know more after the next 2 games at Croker to see if there's any real improvement and a chance of 5 in a row, just hope people don't go printing the t-shirts too hastily a la 82!

It will be a two-horse race between France and Wales. Looks like gatland is giving his players free-range to give the ball some air.. France are playing like the france of old.. this years six nations is certainly refreshing and a good sign for northern hemisphere rugby

France.

They may lose against this moribund England, it would be typical, despairing but typical. But I don't see them losing against Wales... France is too strong for them, and the Millenium is our lucky charm.

(well, except in 99... grrr)

<div class='quotemain'>
amended predictions:

1. France 10 points

2. Wales 8 points

3. Ireland 6 points

4. England 6 points

5. Italy 2 points

6. Scotland 0 points

[/b]

At the start of the season I would have thought it a given but going on what we've seen so far I'm not so sure, we'll know more after the next 2 games at Croker to see if there's any real improvement and a chance of 5 in a row, just hope people don't go printing the t-shirts too hastily a la 82! [/b][/quote]

I think Ireland Wales is shaping up to be the most interesting match so far. It will tell us if Wales are genuine contenders, or have they just met 2 weak teams. Are Ireland improving or still a little lacklustre. I think Ireland will shade it, but which team will take heart out of a good performance is another issue.

My prediction

France 8 points

Ireland 8 points

Wales 6 points

England 6 points

Italy 2 points

scotland 0 points

This is of topic but i think they should ad a bonus point system the exact same as in the heineken cup group stages to the six nations

So, anybody willing to risk it and say France might win the championship now ahead of Wales??

No...didn't think so! :p

I wouldn't think so either, but for me, it's either the Slam or nothing now. It will be devastating to lose the match, and the Slam but still win the tournament. Way too much to bear.

yep,

Wales could sill celebrate after losing to France :)

did not happen so often that a team is losing its final game and still winning the Tournament...

Just like the football team england need to come down to earth before they can rebuild and challenge realistically again

So, Wales did win, and France were crushed at the Millenium Stadium... I predicted the tournament to be a fight between England and France, but when you looked at the welsh game, they just deserved this win...

Again i have to say, congrats Wales!

Latest posts