• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

72 new screenshots

il say that when you play the world cup they will have the real kits, as i can recall playing a ea game just recently, but cant recall what, where when you "play now" its the crap kits and names then when you play the official tournament, its the real kits, names etc..... wait ive just remembered what it was..........its ricky ponting cricket 2007 which is not ea, but yeah, hopefully thats what ea will do. So dont bother with what i said above, but thats what i think they would have done, or will do. As England have there sponsors and whatnot, which is obviously in play now as no world cup stuff as T.Rugby said. Well hopefully thats what the lazy money hungry pricks have done!!!

Dont worry guys even if EA are to lazy to do the kits and get them right, there is always us modders to put that right for you! looking at the pic of Wales it looks like they got the kit wrong so i will be doing that as my 1st kit as its my nation :p

Hope the rest of the club teams are right, going by the way that EA are lazy and cant be bothered to put the effort in like they have with NFL and FIFA series us modders will have our work cut-out? oh well lets wait and see ;)

The Wales kit would be correct, except for the fact that the Brain's sponsorship logo is not allowed. The reason the other kits would be wrong, is that it is not inside the World Cup mode. EA only have the licence for the World Cup, they don't have a complete IRB licence. As a result of this they would only be able to use the correct kits and names (of the teams they wouldn't normally be able to use) in World Cup mode.

It seems that a number of the clubs will remain unlicenced, because we probably would have heard some news on the topic otherwise.

The Wales kit would be correct, except for the fact that the Brain's sponsorship logo is not allowed. The reason the other kits would be wrong, is that it is not inside the World Cup mode. EA only have the licence for the World Cup, they don't have a complete IRB licence. As a result of this they would only be able to use the correct kits and names (of the teams they wouldn't normally be able to use) in World Cup mode.

It seems that a number of the clubs will remain unlicenced, because we probably would have heard some news on the topic otherwise.
[/b]

they have the irb licence, that would stretch as far as the competitions etc., thats nothing to do with tonga and samoa not having the correct kits. you need to get those licences from the individual unions (as they have done for usa and canada outside the big ten) and probably the kit manufacturer. tonga and samoa will use the same kits you see in those pictures but probably with a rwc sticker slapped on.

certain euro law prevents alcohol advertising in video games (fair enough i guess) so teams like wales and a few of the premiership teams will be without sponsors.

ea only have a guinnes prem and super 14 licence. all welsh, irish, scottish, italian and french clubs will be without again. i imagine that rugby challenge has some sort of exlusivity tied into their contracts with those unions.

Is there anyone willing to put these screenshots in the gallery or into an attachment as my stupid work browser bans all links to computer games sites...

:angry:

Hey up. I think I've seen that create a player before. I am ind fact mistaken about the fact that they said they were producing a new game. Because as far as I can see this is an old one with new kits and less features - and that EA is a disgrace.

I think EA rugby needs some decent competition otherwise it just going to keep going backwards. I mean no lions, for example. Come on.

Who the hells it run by, Peter Ian Staker. P.I.Staker! Come on! (thanks to hot fuzz for that incredible joke which I have succesfully killed - I mean it has ceased to be. It's expired an gone to meet it's maker. It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to its perch it'd... nail a joke to a perch? Sorry gone too far. My bad).

I think EA have made a real mess of this, it seems to be a rugby world cup game and nothing more, like the uefa spin offs with football.But is this maybe telling us that there is a next gen rugby on the way, that might actually be different from past versions. i hope it is. and i totally agree with everyone n the whole EA needing Competition thing. Its like when 2K sports has the espn games (which were awsome by the way) EA would constantly try and better them. and as a result gave us better games, last years rugby was better than 05 due to competition from ubisoft its suprising really that ubisofts haven't released a game, cause RC2006 was quite enjoyable in my opinion. They could have cashed in for world cup. They could have done what EA have seemed to have done. Just update the rosters and add a few new camera angles. They had Literally all the licences. Let's just hope that a "ground breaking" next gen game is on the way!!! (fingers are crossed)

<div class='quotemain'>
The reason the other kits would be wrong, is that it is not inside the World Cup mode. EA only have the licence for the World Cup, they don't have a complete IRB licence. As a result of this they would only be able to use the correct kits and names (of the teams they wouldn't normally be able to use) in World Cup mode.
[/b]

they have the irb licence, that would stretch as far as the competitions etc., thats nothing to do with tonga and samoa not having the correct kits. you need to get those licences from the individual unions (as they have done for usa and canada outside the big ten) and probably the kit manufacturer. tonga and samoa will use the same kits you see in those pictures but probably with a rwc sticker slapped on.
[/b][/quote]

Are you sure that is absolutely correct? In Ricky Ponting Cricket, Codemasters acquired the rights to both the ICC Champions Trophy and the World Cup. In these modes, all kits and rosters were correct. When using the play now option, however, there were NO licences apart from the players who endorsed the game. I would have t assume that this would remain constant in Rugby 08. No?

Rugby 08 has the licenses for the individual teams, so this means if you are doing a play now you will get the proper team list for NZ, AUS, SAF, ENG, FRA, WAL, SCO, etc and they also have the rights to the super 14, and since they have the rights to SANZAR they have the rights to the players there as well. goes the same for the other comps i beleive.

They dont have an IRB license, its just the World Cup lisenese and lisences for certain contries.

sounds right in my head anyway.

Good spotting substitute, theres no lions tour or 10 nations [/b]

i reckon it will be unlockable, like the classic players on Rugby 2004 <----yes i said it

SARCASTIC SPASTIC RANT OVER :p

[/quote]

Are you sure that is absolutely correct? In Ricky Ponting Cricket, Codemasters acquired the rights to both the ICC Champions Trophy and the World Cup. In these modes, all kits and rosters were correct. When using the play now option, however, there were NO licences apart from the players who endorsed the game. I would have t assume that this would remain constant in Rugby 08. No?
[/quote] codemastrs isn't ea and ea have other licenses and they are displayed on the promo box so no it isn't the same as that average game.

What I mean, is that Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Georgia, etc would have official jerseys and rosters in the RWC mode. And then in Play Now, they would be unlicenced. No?

What I mean, is that Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Georgia, etc would have official jerseys and rosters in the RWC mode. And then in Play Now, they would be unlicenced. No? [/b]
yeah their uniforms will be close but they won't have the right names. sorry thought you meant all the teams e.g. the abs. the way they did it in ricky was really cheap.

The way Ricky Ponting sorted out licences was strange, yes, but it was the only way it could be done. Codemasters, evidently were only able to obtain the licences for the Champions Trophy and World Cup, not separate teams. EA have done this with rugby so we should have both I believe (apart from the "lesser" nations).

One quick thing I noticed that tells me EA made no effort and are just coining it in - look at the pictures of O'Driscoll, when was the last time he actually wore gloves in a game(five years, I think)? Pathetic.

mccaw is still wearing a scrumcap with his socks down and hes on the cover of every copy.

Latest posts