• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Competition Concept

I like the Seven's idea. Surely this wouldn't be so hard to implement - all the rules are pretty much the same!

The idea of reffing the game would be hilarious. Pick your most hated team and red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card, red card and then smash the only player left. Hahah! Entertaining for about two minutes I am sure.

The mode that I like would be create your own classic match.

You could create the teams, create the players (using a decent player creator and not a crappy one like EA Rugby), and then create the scenario.

You could recreate the 2000 Bledisloe Cup game between NZ and Australia with NZ up 24-0 after 7 minutes and boost the stats of the Wallabies and see if you could hold off to win the game.

Thousands of possibilites and everyone could post their suggestions and players and stats on the forum. It would be great and would add lots of playability and lastability to the game.

I don't think that it would even be that hard to do.

Another mode that would be really cool is when you play against human opposition each person gets to choose one player in turns. The classic playground pick-up game. This way you could choose different contrasting players - play the Fijian backs with Argentine forwards against a mix of the best from the Six Nations. Play a combined Sanzar team against the best of the world.

Oh the fun I could have.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 27 2005, 11:03 PM
kinkon...u know your mum

yeh i f***ed her
WTF!?!?

black raven started it!

why dont you f*** his mum?
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Sep 28 2005, 10:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Sep 28 2005, 10:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Sep 27 2005, 11:03 PM
kinkon...u know your mum

yeh i f***ed her
WTF!?!?

black raven started it!

<
[/b]
Because she's a dog.

Anyway, I quite like the idea of a Sevens Mode. You could have the circuit in there etc. but on top of that, it would make for a mean party/multiplayer game.

I think a world sevens circuit gamemode would be an awsome addition!

Youve gotta love Jacko and his warped mind, it made me chuckle thinkin of some of his crazy R2006 ideas!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 28 2005, 10:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 28 2005, 10:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@Sep 28 2005, 10:14 PM
kinkon...u know your mum

yeh i f***ed her

WTF!?!?

black raven started it!

<
Because she's a dog. [/b]
no she's not
<

Originally posted by Black|Raven+Sep 29 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black|Raven @ Sep 29 2005, 08:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 28 2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by kinkon89@Sep 28 2005, 10:14 PM
kinkon...u know your mum

yeh i f***ed her

WTF!?!?

black raven started it!

<

Because she's a dog.
no she's not
<
[/b]
Not literally of course.

Originally posted by Jacko@Sep 26 2005, 07:06 PM
I come up with some crazy ideas, but here's another. Well how about we run a competition in which entrants must come up with a game mode for a game in the Rugby Challenge Series. The winner gets his/her game mode put in the game next in the series. Also I think it would be good to get the winner in the game. Likenesses and all. And (maybe this is going a little far) the team that they play for - if they have one, or they create their own team from scratch. Then the winner gets their own copy of the game free of charge. Of course we would need the approval and support of Swordfish for this to happen.

Now my idea for 'EA Supa Rugby' (not happening) didn't start with positive feedback, but i don't mind. Any feedback would be great.

Jacko, I realised we had not commented on your original idea - mainly because we are mad busy trying to get this version of rugby put to bed and shipped.

Let's enjoy RC2006 for now and talk about new versions after it ships. You might hink RC stinks and then you wouldn't want to be associated with a sequel.
<

I doubt i'll hate it trev, no chance.
I will though if i can't get it by the end of January '06. I'm in SH.

Latest posts