• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Competition Concept

M

Mr. Laxative

I come up with some crazy ideas, but here's another. Well how about we run a competition in which entrants must come up with a game mode for a game in the Rugby Challenge Series. The winner gets his/her game mode put in the game next in the series. Also I think it would be good to get the winner in the game. Likenesses and all. And (maybe this is going a little far) the team that they play for - if they have one, or they create their own team from scratch. Then the winner gets their own copy of the game free of charge. Of course we would need the approval and support of Swordfish for this to happen.

Now my idea for 'EA Supa Rugby' (not happening) didn't start with positive feedback, but i don't mind. Any feedback would be great.

Crazy ideas need feedback. their have been plenty of people viewing this but nobody posting.... come on!

im not sure - its not for me to comment on really - you'll have to wait for ian or trev to answer that.

Your idea sounds alright, but yeah maybe having the comp winners team in there is going too far. I think perhaps being mentioned in the credits as a game concept consultant or other such bullshit tag would probably suffice. Who'm I to say though, maybe Ian or Trev will tell ya what they think.

Above all though, there was at one stage very little chance of this edition getting released, let alone another in the series. It almost assuredly isn't on the cards yet.

(I've just realised after checking some of this topic starters other posts that I have replied to a real harvard graduate
<
)

I'm not so sure the idea holds much logic.

It sounds like a lot of work for the developers for very little reward. Unless the game mode is revolutionary and no one has thought of it that is, in which case it would help them to an extent.

I understand competitions usually don't have a huge benifit for the developers but in this case it's more than just giving away a few copies to Nutri-Grain for extra publicity. The only publicity would come from within the forum, and they gain plenty from all the information as it is.

But it would be nice if it worked out.

What exactly would the Swordfish team be getting out of this?

Not a lot as far as I can see.

why dont we just create a sticky called "Drawing board"

where if ian or trev have spare time wud look at our ideas
<

HEY I GOT AN AWESOME CONCEPT FOR A GAME MODE!

how about there be a game of rugby!...BUT!
wait forrrrrrr itttt...!

they have seven players on each team!

its genius!!!!!

i win..

oh and another concept..

..you know how they have a classic match options,wether it be one of those grindin,down to the last minute bledisloe cup game or the several classic worldcup games

instead of playing it as the team...you could referee the whole game,being the touch judge and the video referee...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 27 2005, 04:54 PM
HEY I GOT AN AWESOME CONCEPT FOR A GAME MODE!

how about there be a game of rugby!...BUT!
wait forrrrrrr itttt...!

they have seven players on each team!

its genius!!!!!

i win..

oh and another concept..

..you know how they have a classic match options,wether it be one of those grindin,down to the last minute bledisloe cup game or the several classic worldcup games

instead of playing it as the team...you could referee the whole game,being the touch judge and the video referee...
i wanna know what you're smokin?............................coz that is THE DUMBEST IDEA!

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 27 2005, 11:03 PM
kinkon...u know your mum

yeh i f***ed her
ahh.....why a mamma's always the last resort?

CAN'T WE ALL JUSS..........GET ALONG?

Alright why run a competition?
Well if we can some way advertise this competition outside of TRF then we'll get more people submitting their ideas (only members can submit therefore more members). These new 'members' should then take an interest in the Rugby Challenge Series, thus they will go out and purchase the games, thus more money for Swordfish.

Originally posted by Jacko@Sep 28 2005, 10:14 AM
Alright why run a competition?
Well if we can some way advertise this competition outside of TRF then we'll get more people submitting their ideas (only members can submit therefore more members). These new 'members' should then take an interest in the Rugby Challenge Series, thus they will go out and purchase the games, thus more money for Swordfish.
Hey, I know a brilliant way of attracting members!

Open up a thread allowing you to be in the next game!

I'm all for new members. But I want valuable members (ie. more than one post) Which is what will happen.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to partake in a competition like that, but it will never happen. At least not with all of those prizes.

Latest posts