• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Good Flyhalf

Originally posted by toup@Mar 23 2005, 02:11 AM
Or go for Henry Paul (Gloucester)- not a natural 10 but has 85 goal kicking and is a good centre, all for a very cheap price! I still maintain he's my best bargain so far!
Paul is a little slow, but he gets the job done.
i play him as FH, even tough it's not his premier position
he is still an improvement from "idon'trememberhisname" basic FH

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Mar 23 2005, 03:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Mar 23 2005, 03:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Mar 23 2005, 02:11 AM
Or go for Henry Paul (Gloucester)- not a natural 10 but has 85 goal kicking and is a good centre, all for a very cheap price! I still maintain he's my best bargain so far!
Paul is a little slow, but he gets the job done.
i play him as FH, even tough it's not his premier position
he is still an improvement from "idon'trememberhisname" basic FH [/b]
You can't have forgotten good old Heffler already?!?! He's still my Fullback halfway through season 2, got demoted when I picked up Michelak (second choice kicker behind Henry Paul) but make a fairly reliable 15!

the default fullback is a bit of a gimp anyway. Everytime he takes a mark you get a cutscene of him just standing there looking like a turd, I always get rid of him fast.

yeah but he's expensive. What you want is someone who is cheap but has decent stats.

Well I played my 1st season on Medium, managed to win the cup and now my backline is as follows
9: --------
10: carter
11: Rockocko
12: Robinson
13: DeWet Barry
14: Tuiqiri
15: -------

Cup matches earn you more points....

I tried to balance but ended up with more backs- almost done season 2 and got:

1.T.Smith
2. T. Leota
3. Default Prop
4. Default 2nd Row
5. Default 2nd Row
6. S.Burger
7. O. Magne
8. Default 8
9. M. Dawson
11. B. Cohen
12. H. Paul
13. B. O'Driscoll
14. Default Wing
15. Heffler (old faithful!)

Great team but concerned about my wage bill...

My team so far is
1. Julian White
2. Trevor Leota
3. Castrogiovanni ©
4. Donnacha O'Callaghan
5. Trevor Brennan
6-15 Defaults

After Season 1, kinda disadvantaged cos I went straight into world league at the start and lost a few games. Including cup games.

Well anyway, for those who were wondering, I picked up Spencer from the Blues. I had the points, so what the hey.
<

Originally posted by Padz@Mar 22 2005, 10:10 PM
cos its made by EA
But they told you in the last game. They even told you what injury he was carrying, quite cool I thought.

in my game Leota got injured in the last game of season 1 and four games into season 2 he's still injured! Jesus, it must be serious.

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 24 2005, 01:47 AM
in my game Leota got injured in the last game of season 1 and four games into season 2 he's still injured! Jesus, it must be serious.
Your main worry has gotta be if he's still alive surely? I mean, if they don't feel the need to tell you what's wrong then surely 'death' could be the problem... Give big Trev my best wishes... or maybe his family

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 22 2005, 07:33 PM
The whole point of a good player in the world league is that he isn't too expensive.

Otherwise we would all have Wilko, O'Driscoll, Umaga, Hewlett etc. in our sides.
you mean that it's too diffucult to have, for example, o'driscoll hewlett and umaga in the same team (if we suppose that the other players are correct) ?

i have not complete a season in difficult mode, but in normal mode, i have completed one with michalak, hewlett, o'drisoll and simon taylor. ok, the next season i wouldn't have bought many players, but i think it could have been ok (if i would have been continued...)

a good fh : f.michalak

it gets harder and harder each year cos of the maintenance points. Btw, who else thinks maintenance points are a crap idea. Any way to get rid of them on pc version lads?

To me the maintanance points adds a different approach on the game. You have to strategise and cant just go out and purchase all the top guys and not care.

Also take into consideration that the points aint that high. If you play well, you'll rake the points in quickly, and the promotion or cup win earns you bonus points.

It balances the game quite nicely I thought. What makes the World League so great for me is that my backline can dominate for a couple of games and then all of a sudden someone or two gets injured and I go back to the default guys. Al;l of a sudden it is not so easy to win games again and you are fightinh to stay nr1/2

This game is truly awesome, except for a couple of rule blunders.....

Latest posts