• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Munster's Irish-qualified centre Antoine Frisch has declared that he wants to play for France, the country of his birth.
Despite moving to Munster two years and making it clear that he wanted to represent the country where his grandmother was born, Frisch has seemingly had a change of heart.

The 27-year-old has been unable to force his way into Andy Farrell's plans, and while he impressed on the Emerging Ireland tour to South Africa in 2022, that did not mean Frisch was 'captured' by Ireland.

Ooph ooph ooph.

I expect he will still fulfil his contract with us. Beyond that to be honest keeping him would have been speculative anyway. He will be JIFF, has shown his stuff in Europe and its become clear he won't get proper caps here in Ireland. Nor will he in France imo, but the money will be better and ultimately its his home.

Ooph ooph ooph.

I expect he will still fulfil his contract with us. Beyond that to be honest keeping him would have been speculative anyway. He will be JIFF, has shown his stuff in Europe and its become clear he won't get proper caps here in Ireland. Nor will he in France imo, but the money will be better and ultimately its his home.
Don't forget he is IQ until he is capped ;)

Only dampner I can say is his better half is based in Paris and well I can understand wanting to be there with her.

Don't forget he is IQ until he is capped ;)

Only dampner I can say is his better half is based in Paris and well I can understand wanting to be there with her.
Yeah, no hard feelings from my side really. I don't really blame anyone in this situation.

We really could do with some incomings in the near future though. Our squad is at a pretty changing of the guard phase with pillars of the team moving on, with the likes of Earls, Carbery, Snyman, O'Mahony and Frisch maybe heading away in a relatively short period. Plenty of green shoots in many positions, but front row and the centres remain an issue for us in terms of development. It's not like there's players there we can be accused of not playing like may have been the case years ago, we just don't have the players there. Our next big hope in the centres for example are probably a few lads who played SCT this year who will be a couple years off being pro ready if at all.

Latest posts