• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Massive Thank You!!!

G

getofmeland

Well I am still shocked at this myself but feel it is my duty to announce this to everyone for discussion.

I have recieved an email from one of our members who doesnt want to be named and they have explained that they are a very high profile person in the world of rugby, who most if not all of you will know them if you heard their name. They are now retired from the game as well but that is all I am allowed to say.

They have been a member of this site for just over 2 months now and they love reading some of the discussions that go on, especially over the Six Nations and some of the Super 14 stuff.

Basically they thanked the staff for making a great forum and spreading the word of rugby and love to see the number of young people interested in the sport growing. They also wanted to help us move forward so have donated a very Large sum of money to the boards cause to help us keep going for many years and especially over the world cup.

So a Big Thank You to them for this from me and the rest of the staff.

What a great bloke. I tip my hat to him.

Have you any ideas on how the donation will be used for the betterment of the forum?

Excellent news! This is a marvellous example of the kind of people that Rugby as a sport can produce.

Giving so generously to a forum like this is a fantastic way to give back to the game and it's fans. I applaud this kind individual for caring enough about what we hope will be one day the premier place to discuss Rugby world wide.

Thanks!

Note to self, be nice to all the newcomers who have joined in the past 2 months. If the mysterious member is reading this, I apologize if I offended you in any way & could I have your autograph please? :p

I hope he isn't listed in the Wall of Shame.

Note to self, be nice to all the newcomers who have joined in the past 2 months. If the mysterious member is reading this, I apologize if I offended you in any way & could I have your autograph please? :p

I hope he isn't listed in the Wall of Shame.
[/b]

Ok i admit it, It's me. Yes you can have my autograph.

Well I am still shocked at this myself but feel it is my duty to announce this to everyone for discussion.

I have recieved an email from one of our members who doesnt want to be named and they have explained that they are a very high profile person in the world of rugby, who most if not all of you will know them if you heard their name. They are now retired from the game as well but that is all I am allowed to say.

They have been a member of this site for just over 2 months now and they love reading some of the discussions that go on, especially over the Six Nations and some of the Super 14 stuff.

Basically they thanked the staff for making a great forum and spreading the word of rugby and love to see the number of young people interested in the sport growing. They also wanted to help us move forward so have donated a very Large sum of money to the boards cause to help us keep going for many years and especially over the world cup.

So a Big Thank You to them for this from me and the rest of the staff.
[/b]

I just realized something, this isn't an April Fools joke, is it? It does seem odd that this has been posted today of all days??

BAH!

My mind boggles at the sheer amount of members that will not read this thread and will not know that this was an April fools joke. Countless members will make reference to this fictional rugby player and dozen of us or so who actually pay attention to this thread will have to break the news! lol

Latest posts