• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
when we do leave in the next few months...i wonder if there will be a referendum to get back in? or a general election to get a new deal with europe?

Well unless there is a clause we are not aware of that would allow the UK to regain membership on the same terms (outside the Schengen and keeping the pound) then it would have to agree to be part of the Eurozone i.e. adopt the Euro and be part of the Schengen area. Thanks to Leave voters these two privileges have been flushed down the toilet.

Well unless there is a clause we are not aware of that would allow the UK to regain membership on the same terms (outside the Schengen and keeping the pound) then it would have to agree to be part of the Eurozone i.e. adopt the Euro and be part of the Schengen area. Thanks to Leave voters these two privileges have been flushed down the toilet.
why would the eu try to get us to ditch our own currency when we never signed up and they know we wont and we have the 2nc strongest economy in europe?

On a personal note Im looking forward to not having all our mini bus contracts for taking disabled children to school cancelled by EU legislation.

Explain with sources please.
I cant give specifics as it may harm my business but the eu have brought in a monstrous database which means every business in wales has to tender through that website...etender wales and theres a partner website...its the biggest most complex most monolithic website ive ever seen..it took me over a year to actually complete my registration such was the complexity ...they want traffic management solutions.....maintenance survey reports download vehicle checks....5 yrs accounts profit / cost projections, income, bank statements, etc etc just to tender for anything

The reality is this will force yet more sme's out of business and make the massive corporations ever more powerful..the big boys can afford endless middle managers to deal with this overly burocratic insanity...end result all contracts for all children to school are being terminated across the country and the whole tendering has to start again...this is terrible for disabled and autistic children who are known to like consistency , same drivers, same carers , same vehicles even

i think theyll allow us to keep the pound as we are 1 of only 3 or 4 nations who make a positive financial contribution to the eu..I believe our net contribution is 2nd highest...the other 25 or so nations basically take money out of the pot

I cant give specifics as it may harm my business but the eu have brought in a monstrous database which means every business in wales has to tender through that website...etender wales and theres a partner website...its the biggest most complex most monolithic website ive ever seen..it took me over a year to actually complete my registration such was the complexity ...they want traffic management solutions.....maintenance survey reports download vehicle checks....5 yrs accounts profit / cost projections, income, bank statements, etc etc just to tender for anything
All sounds pretty fair tbh
You don't want some micky mouse charlatans transporting children around

Is this the TED eTendering?

To be honest, that kind of information is to be expected if you were tendering for transport/care of those with disabilities.

The reality is this will force yet more sme's out of business and make the massive corporations ever more powerful..the big boys can afford endless middle managers to deal with this overly burocratic insanity...end result all contracts for all children to school are being terminated across the country and the whole tendering has to start again...this is terrible for disabled and autistic children who are known to like consistency , same drivers, same carers , same vehicles even

Who funds it? If it is an EU funded job - you can be sure that if let off the leash the Tories would not continue to put money toward it - you'd be fighting against both the tendering process and the budgets!

You forgot to mention the same seat. From my elder bro's order of priorities, the driver and carer are distant second to the same seat! ;)

Last edited:
Well for anyone who doesn't believe Fox is just a load of sensationalist right wing propaganda, they actually have a section on their site called "illegal immigrants" in which they highlight (as the main story on the front page) any bad stories they can find about illegals... https://www.foxnews.com/category/us/immigration/illegal-immigrants

Staggering... The right in the USA have completely lost the plot. Decency, honesty and integrity are meaningless to them now.

Mueller has apparently submitted his report.

Nothing is going to come out of it, but it will be interesting to see.

As sad as it sounds any legal action against Trump will be after he is no longer President. The reality is trying to charge a sitting president with serious crime is just too complex. You don't even even know if he can pardon himself.

4M up, ticking along at 50k per hour this Saturday morning
94% from UK constituencies, before the Leave Liars talk about bots.

Is today's rally going to increase or decrease the rate?

4M up, ticking along at 50k per hour this Saturday morning
94% from UK constituencies, before the Leave Liars talk about bots.

Is today's rally going to increase or decrease the rate?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

I was reading having to provide an e-mail, which you then had to go into and click the link to confirm, has reduced likelihood of bots hijacking the petition, as it would be too complicated to produce the relevant software for the rate at which those signing the petition are counting. But Bots could be used to slow down and crash the system, so there may be even more votes not counted.

Well, the leave liars were talking specifically about Russian Bots - presumably the same Russians that funded the leave campaign, and Trump, and various European populist movements, and have spent decades trying to destabilise the EU and NATO.
They must be really desperate for Britain to remain.

And yes, the number of times its crashing, that does seem more realistic than Russian bots with millions of UK based email addresses; though still unlikely.
This thing took off the moment May made her ridiculous temper tantrum on Wednesday, and has just taken off way too quickly for algorithms to have been written and enacted - in real time.

So we knew that remain MP's have received death threats, but apparently the lady who started the revoke petition has received 3 death threats now. I may be wrong and if I am I will take it back, but I don't remember any death threats to people who campaign openly for a no deal. Yes it doesn't represent all leave voters, but it does highlight the way leavers go about getting their opinion across, which is to justify it on one vote under very dubious circumstances, refuse to discuss the possibility that people can change their minds, call people who disagree traitors and give death threats.

It's one of the situations where if it was a book, you would be saying 'oh I know who the bad guys are, it's obvious, why can't the characters see it, and yet here we are.

Just like Democrats in the USA received death threats, a Labour MP murdered, Charlottesville, the shooting in NZ etc... It shows a trend of the right across the developed world resorting to threats and violence. Apparently the largest number of terrorist incidents in the developed world since 9/11 have been carried out by right wing extremists. It's just the most recent result of years of increasingly militaristic and extreme rhetoric from the right. We are going down the same path we have been down over and over again and people still refuse to see it.

Generally by the time it is blindingly obvious to all a certain group is using violence, intimidation and propaganda to get their way, it is already too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts