• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it's still more than the majority of politicians are doing. Hell ours got 10k each extra to work from home. Also based on data NZ is one of the top countries in the world for dealing with Coronavirus. That will surely do more for her reelection prospects than any pay cut.

I mean not really, they have an extra 10k to spend on expenses if they need to in order to allow them and their office to do all the normal constituency stuff that they need to do, not an extra 10k in their pockets

I was thinking about countries like the U.k and U.S and it's the language which shows they are doing a bad job. Instead of being clear and precise it's vague and unclear. Any answer about the future doesn't commit to anything specific. Yes the U.K has its 100k test target, but even then it's unclear exactly what that means and what types of tests. Yesterday Matt Hancock gave absolutely no detail about increased testing for care homes apart from 4000 tests had been 'referred' for testing and they had spare capacity of thousands of tests and they will increase testing 'soon'.

Further they tend to focus on what they have done, rather than what they will do. They go into more detail about their achievements than their plans. Trump is the best example of this, but it shows he has little to talk about when it comes to what he's actually doing.

Finally I'm fed up with crappy political slogans and stunts to try and make themselves look good. Trump's name on checks. Conservatives still claiming they are following the plan and doing the right thing at the right time when it's clear they got wrong. Badges for carers when they don't even have protective gear.

One line from Trump struck me as interesting. "We've avoided the worst-case scenario." Conservatives have used similar lines before "there are other countries that are worse." Just because you're not the worst doesn't mean you are good. You can still be doing a crap job and have someone worse than you. Just look at Bolsanaro in Brazil.

One line from Trump struck me as interesting. "We've avoided the worst-case scenario." Conservatives have used similar lines before "there are other countries that are worse." Just because you're not the worst doesn't mean you are good. You can still be doing a crap job and have someone worse than you. Just look at Bolsanaro in Brazil.
American exceptionalism is comparing yourself to Afghanistan instead of places that actually have their **** together.

I mean not really, they have an extra 10k to spend on expenses if they need to in order to allow them and their office to do all the normal constituency stuff that they need to do, not an extra 10k in their pockets

You're honestly going to struggle to convince me it's justified considering how much they get in expenses already. I know they help run the country, but went you medical staff and carers haven't got enough protective equipment it's good to know that MPs can send their emails properly. It's about having the correct priorities and this isn't one. Deal with it after the outbreak, not during so that wealthy politicians don't feel like they are out of pocket for have to get extra equipment.

American exceptionalism is comparing yourself to Afghanistan instead of places that actually have their **** together.

But its nearly the same alphabetically, so its far more comparable than say Germany, which is a full 6 letters away.

You're honestly going to struggle to convince me it's justified considering how much they get in expenses already. I know they help run the country, but went you medical staff and carers haven't got enough protective equipment it's good to know that MPs can send their emails properly. It's about having the correct priorities and this isn't one. Deal with it after the outbreak, not during so that wealthy politicians don't feel like they are out of pocket for have to get extra equipment.

Here is a question - why is a constituency office not independent of whoever represents that constituency?

Would an office with permanent admin staff and permanent location not be better suited for folks who need to talk to their MP? Would certainly make funding more straightforward and keep it out of the hands of the parties.

Maybe not, maybe its a suggestion in haste. But given most parties aren't fit to run a tap...

The pictures out of America are so depressing. There's been so many things over the last number of years genuinely worth protesting and these fuckers choose this as there hill. It's impressive how the American propaganda machine has permeated so many minds at every level.

The pictures out of America are so depressing. There's been so many things over the last number of years genuinely worth protesting and these fuckers choose this as there hill. It's impressive how the American propaganda machine has permeated so many minds at every level.

Saw a video of some thick, fat redneck woman in one of their stupidly large trucks yelling abuse at a nurse who was blocking their way on the road. These people really represent everything that is wrong with the USA at the moment. Idiotic, selfish and arrogant. Note I'm not saying all Americans are like this but there is a large segment who are. Seriously America, you've got to get a grip because your society is tearing itself to pieces.

Saw a video of some thick, fat redneck woman in one of their stupidly large trucks yelling abuse at a nurse who was blocking their way on the road. These people really represent everything that is wrong with the USA at the moment. Idiotic, selfish and arrogant. Note I'm not saying all Americans are like this but there is a large segment who are. Seriously America, you've got to get a grip because your society is tearing itself to pieces.

If American politics keeps polarising as it is - within the next 20 years can anyone see how there won't be a split in the US?

Whether its into 3 (east, mid, west) or 2 or splinter up some other way... eventually it'll get to the point where breaking up is preferential to a civil war.

If American politics keeps polarising as it is - within the next 20 years can anyone see how there won't be a split in the US?

Whether its into 3 (east, mid, west) or 2 or splinter up some other way... eventually it'll get to the point where breaking up is preferential to a civil war.

Or...

the GOP & Dems split into 3 or 4 parties better covering the spectrum from right to left.

EWJIsNXUEAAgToy

Yes, it's sad but true. But then again Trump said back in 2016 that he loves the poorly educated and that they love him. We have some of the brightest people on earth here in America and also some of the most ignorant. Trump seeks out the poorly educated for his rallies and fills their heads full of lies and they blindly follow along. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts