• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Trump showing he really has no shame commuting the prison sentence of his chum and liar Roger Stone. Showing there is one rule for one America and one rule for his chums/supporters.

Anything that goes against him is a hoax or a witch-hunt against him in the world of Donald J Trump and he is the victim. And most of his actions are now to stir up and appeal to his base until November. Hi

109064546_155137656149243_5059483814727712480_o.png

Enjoyed this article. I've argued for a while that Britain is arrogant, delusional, backward looking and in complete denial with reality. This article pretty sums that up.

Is this a fair representation of Trump's support base? God help us.

I've liked this post but really I'd prefer a facepalm emote. In a way the worst ones are the ones who realise they are being complete hypocrites but then go "well ahm still gonna vote for him anyway" attitude, many without missing a beat. This is how dicators take over, a large chunk of highly emotional but extremely stupid people are motivated enough to assist them whilst everyone else becomes apathetic. Once they get into power and show they don't want to play by the rules, they are incredibly difficult to dislodge normally.

I think the Trump presidency will be studied a lot in history classes as a prime example of how the system of checks and balances can completely fail when a party is able to simultaneously control all parts of government and show a win at all costs attitude.

I've liked this post but really I'd prefer a facepalm emote. In a way the worst ones are the ones who realise they are being complete hypocrites but then go "well ahm still gonna vote for him anyway" attitude, many without missing a beat. This is how dicators take over, a large chunk of highly emotional but extremely stupid people are motivated enough to assist them whilst everyone else becomes apathetic. Once they get into power and show they don't want to play by the rules, they are incredibly difficult to dislodge normally.

I think the Trump presidency will be studied a lot in history classes as a prime example of how the system of checks and balances can completely fail when a party is able to simultaneously control all parts of government and show a win at all costs attitude.

Yeah, I posted that vid up because let's face it Trump could not get into power without the support from voters like this via electoral college. That vid really does summarise the mentality of his support base for me. To be expected in a country of 330m, but we're looking at what 40% of circa 100m who actually vote in elections, who do think that way. Hypocrites and a lot of hypocrites; without any logic. But isn't that a product of western civilisation because of generally our inbuilt selfishness and goldfish bowl? USA being the prime example of such a goldfish bowl and we the UK look like we're following that way like with other countries, with populist Govts - like Brazil.

Yeah, I posted that vid up because let's face it Trump could not get into power without the support from voters like this via electoral college. That vid really does summarise the mentality of his support base for me. To be expected in a country of 330m, but we're looking at what 40% of circa 100m who actually vote in elections, who do think that way. Hypocrites and a lot of hypocrites; without any logic. But isn't that a product of western civilisation because of generally our inbuilt selfishness and goldfish bowl? USA being the prime example of such a goldfish bowl and we the UK look like we're following that way like with other countries, with populist Govts - like Brazil.

Pretty sure that video is from 2016 though, so would be interesting to see what they say now. Could well be exactly the same, but you never know. Could even be more delusional.

Pretty sure that video is from 2016 though, so would be interesting to see what they say now. Could well be exactly the same, but you never know. Could even be more delusional.

the video is a composite of various interviews from 2016 and up to 2020, earlier this year, I believe as they mention the impeachment in one segment and various supporters saying they didn't read or need to read the transcript.

Whilst I sort of agree with you on the us and Brazil, it's always a danger to dismiss it as having no logic... It means that you fail to look at the actual motivators for voting for someone like trump and the fact that not every trump supporter is an idiot.

A lot of the people voting for trump are voting off of an opposition to the pseudo-liberalism of the left in the US and a character who doesn't bow to that. It's not about trump for a lot of people, it's about fighting the pseudo-liberal authoritarian types that have a hold over a lot of the big media and cultural platforms.

To dismiss it as having no logic is just bad political analysis...

I by no means support trump btw, it's just that that type of rhetoric is ultimately bad analysis of the electorate and poor from a political science perspective

Whilst I sort of agree with you on the us and Brazil, it's always a danger to dismiss it as having no logic... It means that you fail to look at the actual motivators for voting for someone like trump and the fact that not every trump supporter is an idiot.

A lot of the people voting for trump are voting off of an opposition to the pseudo-liberalism of the left in the US and a character who doesn't bow to that. It's not about trump for a lot of people, it's about fighting the pseudo-liberal authoritarian types that have a hold over a lot of the big media and cultural platforms.

To dismiss it as having no logic is just bad political analysis...

I by no means support trump btw, it's just that that type of rhetoric is ultimately bad analysis of the electorate and poor from a political science perspective

Here's some more "poor" analysis - Trump supporters, as shown in the video come across as a bit thick. Just how they come across to me. Do I have any respect for them - no. Sympathy - yes. Some of them don't come across as bad, just very ignorant.

Populism as I have previously pointed out with Brexit is identity politics. With Trump he has appealed to predominantly white, without college degrees, electorate. Yes, we need to understand their grievances rather than pander to them. Do I think any of them will change their vote this November - I highly doubt it. But they will ultimately not decide this coming election. That's down to the swing voters in the marginal states and whether they have been horrified enough at Trump's last 4 years to switch to Biden.

Was there a real "russian trace" in the previous elections? I'm interested (but I have doubts though that we could really influence on something :D )

P.S. is there any thread about travels/travelling here?

Was there a real "russian trace" in the previous elections? I'm interested (but I have doubts though that we could really influence on something :D )

P.S. is there any thread about travels/travelling here?

Yep. The leaks harming Clinton were traced back to a hacking operation by Russian state operators. Numerous bots supporting Trump and against Clinton on social media were traced back to Russia. Direct contact was made with the Trump campaign promising support by the Russians and Trumps overly palsy walsy relation with the Russians is immediately suspicious. Trump also had a business venture tied up with Russia and it is believed the loans that stopped him from completely collapsing after a series of bankruptcies came from the Russian state. The question of "if" the Russians interfered was answered long ago with a resounding yes. The only remaining questions are:
1) What was the exact extent of their interference?
2) Do they have any sort of dirt or other means to sway Trump that could pose a risk?
3) What are their current efforts to repeat this and how far will they go?

it is believed the loans that stopped him from completely collapsing after a series of bankruptcies came from the Russian state.
Yes, I read all the points mentioned before, didn't consider them as more or less serious impact on politics though,but that one is really interesting! And could explain a lot of things. Thanks for sharing :)
What are their current efforts to repeat this and how far will they go?

I think the intention is to go as far as possible, just logically (for every rival country I mean), it depends if the US political system is "protected" enough from the external influence (and I think it is, despite last elections and Trump's relation with Russia)..but who knows

If Trump gets re-elected I think I'll move to another country (probably Costa Rica) until he's gone. I seriously doubt that I can take his BS for another four years. :eek:

Last edited:
If Trump gets re-elected I think I'll move to another country (probably Costa Rica) until he's gone. I seriously doubt that I can take his BS for another four years. :eek:
I thought the same about our government and moved to Poland :D :D
P.S. why Costa Rica? ))

I thought the same about our government and moved to Poland :D :D
P.S. why Costa Rica? ))

I've been to Costa Rica and it's very beautiful and the people are friendly. And the cost of living is much lower than here in the USA. I wouldn't mind living there for four years. :cool:

So Huawei's equipment to be removed from 5G network by 2027. Gonna hurt both politically, economically, and technologically. But has to be done if Huawei cannot be trusted and conspiring to allow CCP a backdoor into UK network. Will probably put off getting a 5G phone until I know the network will be upgraded with an alternative provider of equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts