• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me so happy.

Hilary Clinton is rotten to the core.
Donald Trump was considered unelectable by his own party.
How dire as a presidential candidate is Hilary Clinton that she could lose to Trump so badly when he was given so little hope of winning.
That she is still clinging on to a hope of running again is mind boggling.

Hilary Clinton is rotten to the core.
Donald Trump was considered unelectable by his own party.
How dire as a presidential candidate is Hilary Clinton that she could lose to Trump so badly when he was given so little hope of winning.
That she is still clinging on to a hope of running again is mind boggling.

i don't think anyone really wants her to run again... i do find it odd how often republicans are talking about her

i honestly have no idea who the dems could run in 2020 but i hope it is not a retread

People are living longer, many are quite capable of working well into their 60s and beyond. The triple lock is in place and seriously expensive. Where's the money coming from?

Also, thanks to Auto Enrolment, more people are saving into private pensions than ever before. OK, they're not gold plated final salary (which many firms offered, but couldn't actually afford.....). There's also far more flexibility in what you can do with your pension allowing a gradual wind down into retirement etc. It's not all down to the State.

The prosperous countryside of east Dorset is home to Britain's longest living residents, with the average male at birth expected to survive 82.9 years. Maybe it won't make too much difference to their financial futures that the government said this week that it would raise the state pension age to 68 sooner than planned. They will still be collecting their state pension for nearly 15 years after retiring, picking up around £124,000 assuming the new state pension stays at £159.95 a week. They are certainly getting good value from their national insurance payments when they were working. Along the way they will also enjoy a £3,000 winter fuel bonus and once they reach 75, as they nearly all will, the TV licence is free, saving £147 a year.

Now compare that with the deal for someone born in Glasgow. It has Britain's worst longevity figures, with the average male expected to live just 72.6 years. The new retirement age of 68 means our typical Glaswegian male will pick up a state pension for only four to five years, pocketing just £38,000 in total. That winter fuel payment, more needed in Glasgow than Dorset, will be more like £800, while on average they cannot expect to ever get the free TV licence.

The early shift to a state pension age of 68 is another fracture in the social contract across the generations

This is a simplistic comparison and can be unpicked in lots of ways, not least that the data is skewed by the well-off departing Glasgow for retirement elsewhere, with a rump of unhealthy manual workers left behind. But it shows just how blunt our "one size fits all" state pension system has become

Quite honestly though, the biggest take-away from that is that Glasgow REALLY needs to improve public health.
The answer isn't to reduce the retirement age in Glasgow, but to stop people eating and drinking themselves into an early grave (and addressing whatever less stereotypical health problems Glasgow suffers from)

Bernie Sanders

Are you for REAL!?

Bernie Sanders is the biggest sellout in political history. Hillary not only bought the silly old coot out but she pretty much destroyed the democrat party in the process and thats a fact!!! Once the facts come out about the downright corruption the dems wont get back in for decades.

Anybody that thinks that communist is good for a second go has not been paying attention. Next you'll be saying Hillary should get a third shot at it.

BTW: His wife is more likely to be in Jail than to ever be first lady.

Last edited:
Quite honestly though, the biggest take-away from that is that Glasgow REALLY needs to improve public health.
The answer isn't to reduce the retirement age in Glasgow, but to stop people eating and drinking themselves into an early grave (and addressing whatever less stereotypical health problems Glasgow suffers from)
Yeah but then you have BIG GUBERMENT telling us what to eat and I have FREEDOMS GOD DUMBIT. I also expect Medicare to take care of me when I'm dying of cardiac problems at 65. Also why do I have to pay a premium and for my healthcare?

Sorry just half my population are idiots

I can't watch Piers Morgan, he is insufferable.
Susannah Reid on the other hand... she doesn't need to speak, in fact it's better when she doesn't.

Last edited:
But it shows just how blunt our "one size fits all" state pension system has become

But a state system covering millions of people has to be pretty much one size fits all. In private provision, you can get quite significant allowances based on your personal health, postcode etc.

Id say Piers Morgan should be off air by now.... But its just so amusing watching him make a total fool of himself.

Why is the media filled with these totally unprofessional asshats?

Funniest inteview 2017? If theres a better one id like to see it.

PEWDIEPIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrDD...ature=youtu.be

SARGON

Piers Morgan made lots of friends in the media when he was a newspaper editor and that's what gets him the jobs he has had such as a BGT judge, CNN/ITV presenter.

He greatest achievement was to make gun ownership in the USA more popular which was some achievement given the number of mass shootings at that time.

Trump just used an address to Boy Scouts to do nothing but say how great he was, attack the media, attack Obama and Hillary and threaten his own health secretary with the sack if the healthcare bill didn't pass...

I seriously cannot understand how this guy still has support... He has no redeeming features at all. There are many politicians I have disliked a lot but I genuinely hate Trump, he is such a vile sack of ****.

Trump just used an address to Boy Scouts to do nothing but say how great he was, attack the media, attack Obama and Hillary and threaten his own health secretary with the sack if the healthcare bill didn't pass...

I seriously cannot understand how this guy still has support... He has no redeeming features at all. There are many politicians I have disliked a lot but I genuinely hate Trump, he is such a vile sack of ****.

This post says more about you than it does about Trump. Talk about brainwashed. To say you Genuinely hate someone without even having met them is kinda silly really. It tells us you believe everything you see on the propaganda box.

We will see over the coming months how good or bad Trump actually is as I see the Awan brothers have finally been arrested so the **** is about to royally hit the fan for the DNC and Shillary, Podesta, etc etc. Among other things happening in the last few weeks Trump is actually sounding pretty serious about dealing to some of these swamp creatures which is why he's been putting the pressure on Sessions to do his job and not get sidetracked by the Muh Russia BS.

The DNC murdered their staffer Seth Rich (the guy who actually gave wikileaks the DNC docs!!) and concocted the Muh Russia narrative as a cover. They even went as far as framing a known hacker (guccifer 2.0) and adding russian fingerprints to files before sending them to him. (this is all proven in the metadata!) I have no doubt with the Awan's getting arrested things are about to get done even if it will be in a slow and laborious manner.

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/889944148379394048

Slowly but surely the veil is being lifted on the ridiculous level of corruption that has infested the USA and the rest of the western world.

George Webb was onto it about these Awan brothers over 277 days ago! Amazing investigation (with clear spook help) by him!!

Last edited:
And that is a prime example of how Trump still has support.

All facts and evidence must be fake by definition; on the rare occasions that they actually come into contact with aTrump supporter. Anything pro-Trump must be true however, because Trump said so. The media is all out to get him and care only for bringing him down (selling papers / advertising be damned now) with the possible exceptions of Faux News and Brietbart - but only those for as long as they support Trump.
Oh, and he isn't Hillary, her emails and corruption are the ONLY thing that matter. Trump's emails and corruption are completely irrelevant in this because they can't possibly be worse, because Trump said so.

Basically the Trump base is a religion; a cult; nothing to do with politics othing than also having the slightly wavering support of people who will o ly vote for someone wearing a red rosette (because at least they're no damned commies!)

There is literally nothing Trump can do that would upset his base; even using words that Trump has said can't counter Trump's current position on... anything, and trying will just result in closed eyes, fingers in the ears and a collective cry of "la la la I can't hear you; la la la Hillary's emails" Trump could ignore an impeachment order and set his security staff against cops coming to arrest him, and his base will lap it up, he could impose martial law of California, and his base would cheer him. About the only thing Trump could do to upset his base would be to criticise Jebus or guns, and I'm not sure that even that would make much difference.

Last edited:
And that is a prime example of how Trump still has support.

All facts and evidence must be fake by definition; on the rare occasions that they actually come into contact with aTrump supporter. Anything pro-Trump must be true however, because Trump said so. The media is all out to get him and care only for bringing him down (selling papers / advertising be damned now) with the possible exceptions of Faux News and Brietbart - but only those for as long as they support Trump.
Oh, and he isn't Hillary, her emails and corruption are the ONLY thing that matter. Trump's emails and corruption are completely irrelevant in this because they can't possibly be worse, because Trump said so.

Basically the Trump base is a religion; a cult; nothing to do with politics othing than also having the slightly wavering support of people who will o ly vote for someone wearing a red rosette (because at least they're no damned commies!)

There is literally nothing Trump can do that would upset his base; even using words that Trump has said can't counter Trump's current position on... anything, and trying will just result in closed eyes, fingers in the ears and a collective cry of "la la la I can't hear you; la la la Hillary's emails" Trump could ignore an impeachment order and set his security staff against cops coming to arrest him, and his base will lap it up, he could impose martial law of California, and his base would cheer him. About the only thing Trump could do to upset his base would be to criticise Jebus or guns, and I'm not sure that even that would make much difference.

I deal in facts not hearsay like you.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...sic-evidence-proves-dnc-emails-were-leaked-no

Its all over the internet not just that particular site. Im computer savy myself so I have looked at the actual files. Whats being said on there is legit.

https://theforensicator.wordpress.com/guccifer-2-ngp-van-metadata-analysis/

Im not saying its untrue but having it on a blog or as you say "all over the internet" again doesn't make it fact. The reason everyone can claim fake news (both for and against Trump) is because we all read things on social media and if they agree with it then its true if they disagree with it then its fake and the truth can take a hike.

I am very wary of what I believe on social media, most media outlets, bloggers etc have a vested interest in putting a certain opinion across. The Daily Mail's repeated attacks on the BBC are an example of a media outlet runnning a story to discredit a public company with view to running parts of it if it was privatized. They are not doing this for the great and good of humanity, its all about making money.

Im not saying its untrue but having it on a blog or as you say "all over the internet" again doesn't make it fact. The reason everyone can claim fake news (both for and against Trump) is because we all read things on social media and if they agree with it then its true if they disagree with it then its fake and the truth can take a hike.

I am very wary of what I believe on social media, most media outlets, bloggers etc have a vested interest in putting a certain opinion across. The Daily Mail's repeated attacks on the BBC are an example of a media outlet runnning a story to discredit a public company with view to running parts of it if it was privatized. They are not doing this for the great and good of humanity, its all about making money.

The files are all there for you to go look for yourself.

With respect thats a blog. Just because someone blogs something doesnt make it fact.

Heres one that could be labelled as conjecture. Its still an interesting read though?
https://i.redd.it/tzrzxvxdetbz.jpg

The claim three quarters of the way down has MASSIVE ramifications if true. And the anonymous source that wrote that has a verified history of being right.

The Awan brothers are probably singing like song bird McCain did in veitnam right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts