• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry what on Earth during his entire leadership makes you think that? He's fired everyone who refuses to agree with him.

I think you'll find it was them dictating over the party that caused the problem.

There is a reason why Jezza is loved by the party members and hated by the MPs.

and?

Unlike the power mongers that you find elsewhere in politics - he seems the sort that might listen to the consensus rather than dictate over them.
What! Is the same Corbyn who got rid of most of his shadow cabinet because they disagreed with him? Who has opposed his own party on more than 300 occasions even when the consensus was with the party?

No. JC sticks to his principles and will not budge no matter how many people disagree with him

and?

Unlike the power mongers that you find elsewhere in politics - he seems the sort that might listen to the consensus rather than dictate over them.
What! Is the same Corbyn who got rid of most of his shadow cabinet because they disagreed with him? Who he as opposed his own party on more than 300 occasions even when the consensus was with the party?

No. JC sticks to his principles and will not budge no matter how many people disagree with him

Who he as opposed his own party on more than 300 occasions even when the consensus was with the party?

By party, you mean MPs?

Jezza listened to the grassroots and ignored the Westminster bunch - and they didn't like it.

[He's not perfect, far from it, I'd disagree with many of his fundamentals - but I'd sooner trust him than pretty much any alternative I know of.]

I like Tommy Robinson, Nigel, and that Jacob dude with the rich accent. I wonder why they all hate each other, but that's why I'm American I suppose. I hope Britain survives and I hope North America survives.

I'm confused if Corbin is British or Globalist. He can't seem to decide.

All kicking off in Ukraine again, with them gearing up to declare martial law in preparation for all our war with Russia.

And UAE have just pardoned the PHD student for "spying". About time - who goes over to UAE to spy whilst doing their PHD thesis? By all accounts there is no real justice system in UAE.

All kicking off in Ukraine again, with them gearing up to declare martial law in preparation for all our war with Russia.

This could escalate into something major very quickly. The Russians have picked their moment as they know the EU are pre-occupied with Brexit and the Americans won't back NATO intervention with Ukraine who are currently extremely vulnerable.

This could escalate into something major very quickly. The Russians have picked their moment as they know the EU are pre-occupied with Brexit and the Americans won't back NATO intervention with Ukraine who are currently extremely vulnerable.
This has been planned for a while and a few people predicted it when Brexit happened. Question is will other states look to take advantage too.

This has been planned for a while and a few people predicted it when Brexit happened. Question is will other states look to take advantage too.

Yeah in the absence of concrete assurances from the EU and/or NATO, Ukraine are effectively in no man's land and effectively low hanging fruit for Russia.

Yeah in the absence of concrete assurances from the EU and/or NATO, Ukraine are effectively in no man's land and effectively low hanging fruit for Russia.

Well I felt when Brexit happened that if it inspired more countries to leave, Russia would get more aggressive and then areas like the Baltic states with poor relations could also end up attacking each other. At the moment the situation isn't that bad, but if Russia takes over eastern Ukraine in a similar way to Crimea without any real opposition then I'd be surprised if they stopped there.

I have a question regarding Brexit, and my apologies if it has been discussed already.

Will there be a border crossing area between The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland when Brexit is done?

I have a question regarding Brexit, and my apologies if it has been discussed already.

Will there be a border crossing area between The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland when Brexit is done?

At the moment apparently not, but this is one of the most contentious issues. If things fall through though I believe the fall back plan or 'backstop' is to have N.I trade with EU rules and the border to move into the Irish sea. So while N.I will still be part of the U.K, the trade border will mean they are part of the E.U and single market.

I'm surprised that David Cameron isn't getting more flack in the media considering it was his error of judgement that will end up costing the country billions. He apparently told EU leaders that he thought the referendum result would be 70:30 in favour of remain and so therefore made a misjudgement of epic proportions and yet May (although not her biggest fan) is the one who is copping all the grief. Blair (Iraq) and Cameron (Brexit) are making Thatcher, Major and Brown look good.

I'm surprised that David Cameron isn't getting more flack in the media considering it was his error of judgement that will end up costing the country billions. He apparently told EU leaders that he thought the referendum result would be 70:30 in favour of remain and so therefore made a misjudgement of epic proportions and yet May (although not her biggest fan) is the one who is copping all the grief. Blair (Iraq) and Cameron (Brexit) are making Thatcher, Major and Brown look good.

Cameron is ultimately responsible. He never actually wanted to give the referendum and only did for party reasons, not because he thought it was best for the country. His then cowardly resignation was disgusting, especially after saying he would stick it through. Honestly history will not look kindly on him.

Having said that, I also have little sympathy for Theresa May. While it was an impossible situation, she made things far worse and got herself into trouble constantly. She never actually took a side in reality and meekly towed the party line to set herself up as the neutral candidate in the leadership contest. She then triggered article 50 to try and show she was getting on with Brexit, even though she didn't have a plan in place and so gave herself a two year deadline that made any negotiation restrictive and put Britain in the weaker position. After that she then called a election when the polls were up and she smelt blood in the water to boost her own party's fortunes, whilst claiming it was for Brexit. She was dealt a bad hand, but played it atrociously on top.

Cameron is ultimately responsible. He never actually wanted to give the referendum and only did for party reasons, not because he thought it was best for the country. His then cowardly resignation was disgusting, especially after saying he would stick it through. Honestly history will not look kindly on him.

Having said that, I also have little sympathy for Theresa May. While it was an impossible situation, she made things far worse and got herself into trouble constantly. She never actually took a side in reality and meekly towed the party line to set herself up as the neutral candidate in the leadership contest. She then triggered article 50 to try and show she was getting on with Brexit, even though she didn't have a plan in place and so gave herself a two year deadline that made any negotiation restrictive and put Britain in the weaker position. After that she then called a election when the polls were up and she smelt blood in the water to boost her own party's fortunes, whilst claiming it was for Brexit. She was dealt a bad hand, but played it atrociously on top.

Yeah her being missing in action during the referendum campaigning was cowardly. At least that clown BJ and Gove came off the fence and picked a side. I was also not impressed with her refusal to take part in TV debates before the GE. That along with her going MIA during the referendum shows her to be quite a spineless leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.