• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only of she isn't a recognised citizen of another state recognised of the UN.

Reports are she is both UK and Bangladeshi dual national, which if right mean UK can remove her British citizenship, so she is now Bangladesh's problem.

And MP number 8 quits the Labour Party. That makes 9 down with the death of Paul Flynn until the by election to replace him.

2020 elections ramping up in NA,

Personally i'm a bernie fan, but reckon he will struggle to win the DNC again currently.
Just seems like too many hardcore Dems blame him for Hilary loss and not the fact Hilary completely failed to canvas the blue collar states.

Long shot but he could do with getting Ocasio-Cortez as VP, to target the young and female demographics in the Party.

You'd hope that won ever is the dem nominee walks it V trump, but who knows.

Too soon for OC, I think, though I'd love to see it. I'm a big fan of hers, and just how much she triggers/terrifies the Conservatives.

If a Bernie/AOC combo got into power it might just be the tipping point for Civil War mk.2

When's Joe Biden going to announce he will run? He's the only one I can see who can get the Blue Collar vote and maybe the Black vote if Obama and Michele campaign for him.

Too soon for OC, I think, though I'd love to see it. I'm a big fan of hers, and just how much she triggers/terrifies the Conservatives.

If a Bernie/AOC combo got into power it might just be the tipping point for Civil War mk.2

I like AOC, if only cause she is a breath of fresh air, Here politics isn't any new just she is more vocal about it than previous politicians.

Prob 8 years early for AOC and Beto O'Rourke for the dems.

I guess if Sanders was to win the nomination Warren might be more of a bet.

When's Joe Biden going to announce he will run? He's the only one I can see who can get the Blue Collar vote and maybe the Black vote if Obama and Michele campaign for him.

I think Bernie could get the blue collar votes in, he was pulling them in 2016.

Biden, with Dem backing, would cruise it I reckon
Not even a fraction as divisive as Hilary and still has the sheen of Obamas presidency on him

Also don't see why he wouldn't go for it.
Facing Trump, or any of the Rep candidates after this term has to be a politicians best chance of becoming president.

Unless you are like Corbyn.....

Long shot but he could do with getting Ocasio-Cortez as VP, to target the young and female demographics in the Party.
They have a lower age limit on candidates; she wouldn't be eligible.

It's really kicking off now. 3 Tory MPs have resigned and joined the Independent Group.

Hoping Ken Clarke has a transfer
Sadly I think Ken just couldn't bear to leave the party but imagine the IG being led by him. Corbyn and May would **** their pants.

It's really kicking off now. 3 Tory MPs have resigned and joined the Independent Group.

Ok now it's getting interesting and I retract my previous views of "this probs wont make a difference"

If this gains traction and more MPs from both sides start coming over then I smell a General Election coming... It really wouldn't take many Tories jumping over to break Theresa May's fragile majority.

Due to Sinn Féin you require 322 seats, May now has 314 with DUP's 8 makes 322.

I think theres a by-election occuring in one seat so yeah two more Tory's and that's the end of the majority.

I really struggle to understand Labour voters who support Corbyn.

As a group it's so odd, as most of them are pro EU at heart.

It is something I find fascinating as well - my girlfriend and her family are hugely pro EU but also hugely pro Corbyn, despite him definitely being anti-EU and not being great around Brexit.

I really struggle to understand Labour voters who support Corbyn.

As a group it's so odd, as most of them are pro EU at heart.
Because of this, From BBC PMQ's news feed

Mr Corbyn says that different ministers are saying different things about leaving the EU without a deal.

"People's jobs and livelihoods are in the prime minister's hands," he states, and he asks for no-deal to be "absolutely ruled out".

"People's jobs and futures are in the hands of every member of this House," Mrs May replies.

She says that Mr Corbyn clearly wants to remain in the European Union.
May and the right-wing press want to portray Corbyn as anti-Brexit so they have an actual person/policy to fight. Their problem is the only people who have been against them until now were LD's and backbenchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts