• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo op of him outside a church holding a bible is sickening. What a time to attempt to appeal to his base on both political and religious levels.

The sad reality is that if you have no faith in the political elite, the only way to change that is a new political class, and unless you have a civil war the only other way to really achieve that is through the democratic process.

Having lived where I live, I know fine well that sometimes violence is a necessary evil to force those in power into action rather than lip service or meaningless words.

Empty platitudes doesn't put a roof over your head, or food on your table. Push people into a corner and don't be surprised when they come out fighting.

The photo op of him outside a church holding a bible is sickening. What a time to attempt to appeal to his base on both political and religious levels.
Especially as to get to the church they used flash bangs and tear gas to clear a path through the protestors.

The situation in America is descending rapidly,

Unarmed man shot and killed last night by National Guard - they thought someone was shooting at them so returned fire into the crowd....turns out the gunshots were the local Police firing into the air to try and disperse the crowds.
Multiple videos of police directly shooting tear gas canisters are protesters heads, rubber bullets aimed directly at peoples heads.
It's a miracle there's only been 5 deaths, tbh.

Could easily become civil war.

Trump is on about "sending in the army" etc...

What percentage of "his" army comes from minority backgrounds and would have an awful lot of sympathy with the protestors?

He could quickly find "his" army is not under his control at all.

Hopefully now the US Government is becoming tyrannical all the 2nd amendment supporters will rise up and defend the right for people to protest...

There was a case a few years back with a racial element to it where 2 police officers killed a 6 year old boy even though the boy's father's hands were in the air. The cops were sent to prison.

This got hardly a mention though because the victims were white and the officers black. I had to use duckduckgo to find the case because I couldn't find it on Google.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/officer-sentenced-in-shooting-death-of-boy-with-autism/

That is why USA is one messed up country. I love going there on holiday, but too many reasons why I wouldn't want to live there.

I've been before several times, have relations there...

But probably in the last 3-4 years, have lost any wish to ever set foot inside its borders again. Between their "health" system and unpredictable unaccountable police that think they are John Wayne, its simply not somewhere I want to be.

Media should be digging out Trump's tweets in support of the Hong Kong protesters to highlight his hypocracy.

Last edited:
Whilst still ******* insane and deplorable with another indictment of the US policing system. The problem is that racial targeting of black people by the police is endemic problem in the USA where they are not treated equally. The statistics clearly show it to be massively dispproportionate. This was a power keg waiting to go up not because what happened to George Floyd is a rare occurrence because its an everyday problem this just had video evidence of the sheer cruelty that occurs.

I've been to the USA twice and enjoyed it immensely to the New York/Connecticut area. I also have quite a few American friends who come over here regularly (all liberal socially minded possibly even more so than myself). I don't think I could ever live there and I've considered working abroad a lot.

Like Johnson every passing day exposes even more how horrifically out of his depth he is. Ever increasing bluster is no substitute for ability, judgement, sensitivity, gravitas.....

Half of me just wants him gone today so America can start to repair the damage. The other half of me wants to see him have to slink away with his tail between his legs after having been humiliatingly annihilated at the polls.

God forbid he's re-elected but if he is, Americans know what's coming and only have themselves to blame.

Like Johnson every passing day exposes even more how horrifically out of his depth he is. Ever increasing bluster is no substitute for ability, judgement, sensitivity, gravitas.....

Half of me just wants him gone today so America can start to repair the damage. The other half of me wants to see him have to slink away with his tail between his legs after having been humiliatingly annihilated at the polls.

God forbid he's re-elected but if he is, Americans know what's coming and only have themselves to blame.

He'll be an even bigger risk in a second term. History shows more military action takes place during a President's second term because they don't have to worry about re-election.

I would be surprised if America didn't have some kind of civil war now. The public is really angry about this murder of an innocent black man in broad daylight by white cops. Incidentally they reckon that Derek Chauvin and George Floyd may have know each other from working overlapping shifts as bouncers in the same nightclub. This could mean that there was possibly some history and the murder charge could now be upgraded to first degree.

Ahmaud Arbery was another black guy killed earlier this year by an ex-white cop while jogging.

There's too much going on there now, and it is not good.

Media should be digging out Trump's tweets in support of the Hong Kong protesters to highlight his hypocracy.

The man has normalized Hypocrisy in the USA that his supporters have become immune to it. That is the astonishing thing.

I've been before several times, have relations there...

But probably in the last 3-4 years, have lost any wish to ever set foot inside its borders again. Between their "health" system and unpredictable unaccountable police that think they are John Wayne, its simply not somewhere I want to be.

Last went in 2017 to Florida and if you've seen the film The Florida project, it best sums up the place and the hypocrisy of the country. Still, it's a country that still fascinates me culturally and historically and as horrified as I am at what is happening to the country, I do think the country has a incredible ability to redeem itself.

So I can't go into my office right now cause of the coronavirus (working in Richmond, Virginia, former capital of confederacy. But I'm living in pa with my parents).

They've been sending secretaries for stuff but they can't even do that anymore cause the city's on fire (literally and figuratively).

Listening to Biden on Sky News,

I know he has problems but it really is light and day between him and Trump

3ojgjx.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts