• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** me. Just walked to the supermarket and there are two protests going on. The Black Lives Matter one in the main street (looked like a few thousand) and a counter protest of what looked to be far right people (mainly middle aged and older white males with a few skinheads and union jacks on display) gathering around a statue. Not sure if it was an attempt to guard it? All this in the middle of a pandemic. The world really is on fire at the moment.

**** me. Just walked to the supermarket and there are two protests going on. The Black Lives Matter one in the main street (looked like a few thousand) and a counter protest of what looked to be far right people (mainly middle aged and older white males with a few skinheads and union jacks on display) gathering around a statue. Not sure if it was an attempt to guard it? All this in the middle of a pandemic. The world really is on fire at the moment.
Agree both sides fail to cover themselves in glory whatever stance or political persuasion they may have just fools.

Yup the far right being well everything that you come to expect. Just a bunch of ***** looking for a fight.

Veterans group marching with the football hooligans. Royal Engineers as well... Kinda ****** off about that

Veterans group marching with the football hooligans. Royal Engineers as well... Kinda ****** off about that

Yeah I saw a few veterans in their military uniforms in amongst the American History X wannabes near the statue. Tossers!

Can't post the picture right now, but the Mail on Sunday has devoted 8 pages to the the headline 'What has happened to the tolerant Britain we love.'

Honestly you couldn't make it up. The newspaper that has probably been the most devisive over the last 20-30 years has the audacity to publish a headline about tolerance.

Can't post the picture right now, but the Mail on Sunday has devoted 8 pages to the the headline 'What has happened to the tolerant Britain we love.'

Honestly you couldn't make it up. The newspaper that has probably been the most devisive over the last 20-30 years has the audacity to publish a headline about tolerance.

rule of thumb I learnt: never read the Fail on Sunday. It's an editorial like the daily fail.

Rishi Sunak on reviewing the 2m rule.

'We're going to start reveiwing it soon, actually we're starting now, actually we've already done the preliminary work.'

So which is it, or did you realise how incompetent the first statement sounded only to make it worse.

Rishi Sunak on reviewing the 2m rule.

'We're going to start reveiwing it soon, actually we're starting now, actually we've already done the preliminary work.'

So which is it, or did you realise how incompetent the first statement sounded only to make it worse.

yeh he's catching the Bojo disease of talking out of his arse. They now realise how fcked the economy is with people not going out and spending. So by end of the month the social distance will be cut and facemasks compulsory in shops and restaurants.

yeh he's catching the Bojo disease of talking out of his arse. They now realise how fcked the economy is with people not going out and spending. So by end of the month the social distance will be cut and facemasks compulsory in shops and restaurants.

But this is where it's clear they don't have a plan and are just reacting and making it up as they go. How anyone can come out of this situation thinking the government did a good job is beyond me.

The refusal to change the 2 metre rule is just pure pigheadedness. They simply don't want to be seen as weak and caving to outside pressure. Most other countries follow the WHO (6 feet or 1.5 mile rule) but we had to be different and round it up to 2 metres. Maybe British science is different to global science.

I am also very confident that the five tests will continue be met from hereon in regardless of underlying data.

I think Rishi Sunak speaks quite well but I think many people are jumping the gun by heaping praise on him. Handing out money is the easy part. Let's judge him on how he handles soaring unemployment and businesses going to the wall on a mass scale over the next couple of years.

We have the exact same issue with the 2m rule here. I think it'll be reduced in the next round of easing the restrictions but it's very frustrating that no reason for keeping it is being given.

We have the exact same issue with the 2m rule here. I think it'll be reduced in the next round of easing the restrictions but it's very frustrating that no reason for keeping it is being given.

I think scientific advisers are always going to be conservative and cautious with their advice but they're not responsible for the state of economy. The opening up of shops and hospitality sector seems like the ideal time to reduce it to either 1 or 1.5 metres which will make a massive difference.

But this is where it's clear they don't have a plan and are just reacting and making it up as they go. How anyone can come out of this situation thinking the government did a good job is beyond me.

That's Collective cabinet responsibility for you, which worked so well under May.:rolleyes:

I don't think many people are really thinking this Government are handling this well. I think most peeps have stopped watching or listening to them. The trust element left as soon as they let Cummings get away with breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts