• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tories are becoming so blatant in their corruption. Place your bets Crisp Websites Ltd once had a go as a ferry company...
I mean, it's not quite the same...

Obviously the optics are bad but the ft article suggests that the contract is close to being fulfilled and that they have supplied 67 million items of PPE and that they were one of the only companies whose supply chain from China was undisrupted.

There could well be something extremely dodgy going on there and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case but could also just be a very well worked deal that has almost been fulfilled in its totality.

Obviously the lack of publication of the deal is extremely odd but this could just be a whole lot of nothing and just that they're too incompetent to realise they have to publish it rather than a corruption issue.

https://www.ft.com/content/43bb10de-645a-43a4-bb7e-ac3978ec445d

I mean, it's not quite the same...

Obviously the optics are bad but the ft article suggests that the contract is close to being fulfilled and that they have supplied 67 million items of PPE and that they were one of the only companies whose supply chain from China was undisrupted.

There could well be something extremely dodgy going on there and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case but could also just be a very well worked deal that has almost been fulfilled in its totality.

Obviously the lack of publication of the deal is extremely odd but this could just be a whole lot of nothing and just that they're too incompetent to realise they have to publish it rather than a corruption issue.

https://www.ft.com/content/43bb10de-645a-43a4-bb7e-ac3978ec445d

Can't see behind the paywall

It is certainly possible that it is all above board but just about everything about it is fishy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53065806

The government forced into yet another U-turn, although at least this one is undoing a stupid decision and instead doing the right thing rather than just reneging on their promises.

Also credit to Rashford for his role in pushing this.
Yes Rashford deserves a lot of praise and he comes across well. Unlike Johnson who claimed he hadn't even heard about this until today (!) and Coffey who responded crassly to a Rashford tweet.

As Kuessenberg tweeted its quite an achievement to unite Blair, Brown and Cameron yet Johnson has managed that with all condemning his decision to fold DIFD into the FCO.

And just to cap another normal day on planet Johnson he even forgets the name of the breakthrough drug.

We deserve better.

£900k to paint the royal family/Bojo's private plane.

Mental - just use a BA livery or something, that's got union flags all over it and they'd probably pay them to do it for the advertising of having it on the runway when the Royals are off on their waving tour of the world.

£900k to paint the royal family/Bojo's private plane.

Mental - just use a BA livery or something, that's got union flags all over it and they'd probably pay them to do it for the advertising of having it on the runway when the Royals are off on their waving tour of the world.

In normal times I might find that amusingly naff. But right now it's tone deaf.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53086042

Reports already coming through on the contents of Bolton's book that Trump administration is trying to block, including trying to get China to buy more USA farming produce to help his re-election campaign.

Plus, he will confirm Trump told him to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for opening up an Enquiry on Hunter Biden.

Last edited:
I've cut the first half of your post, I've covered what I think, you're so convinced this is some sort of underhanded political movement, I don't.

As for this, yeah it's horrendous and the killers should be found and punished. But it's the result of backing minorities into a corner for as long as the country has existed. The looters pulled the trigger but the gun was loaded by years of racial profiling and being provided with less opportunity than anyone in the "white" neighborhoods 15 minutes away. You're a South African telling an Irishman that this violence is wrong and totally the fault of the looters when in both of our recent histories the oppressed needed to fight to get the attention of their oppressors before using more peaceful means to negotiate equality, give me a break.

The last two paragraphs show your true colours in my opinion. You're asking a movement seeking equality to celebrate improvement while they're still treated worse than white people? I don't see too many people celebrating when they reach mile 6 of a marathon.
Showing my true colours?

That I think the organisation "Black Lives Matter" isn't descriptive of their cause just like I don't think the "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" is descriptive of what North Korea really is? It's not that complicated that they should be judged by their actions. What exactly am I showing?

Anyway a YouTuber posted this video shortly after my last post and the first 8 minutes or so echoes everything I've been saying. Ask yourself why a Black American is disagreeing with your point of view. He is one of many.

As for this, yeah it's horrendous and the killers should be found and punished. But it's the result of backing minorities into a corner for as long as the country has existed. The looters pulled the trigger but the gun was loaded by years of racial profiling and being provided with less opportunity than anyone in the "white" neighborhoods 15 minutes away. You're a South African telling an Irishman that this violence is wrong and totally the fault of the looters when in both of our recent histories the oppressed needed to fight to get the attention of their oppressors before using more peaceful means to negotiate equality, give me a break.
Another word salad with no substance and broad generalisations. And again you're encouraging violence. What's up with that man?

EDIT: This is a good video from two years ago that is manifesting at the moment that is worth the watch:

Summary:

The Right has identified and isolated the radicals on their side (Nazis)

The Left hasn't managed to identify and isolate the radicals on their side (yet)

Last edited:
BC3A2D01-BB65-4D39-B785-F6E2B381A92E.jpeg

If they can get Cottees raspberry cordial for normal price over here then I am sold On a trade deal with Australia:). Always bloody sold out in the Sanzaar online shop.:mad: And there's nothing I have found over here that is similar.

Can we stop talking about statues? Seriously in the grand scheme of BLM its not what we should focused on.

Anyway talking of dead cats I'm not particularly bothered by repainting the plane into something other than grey, I have no idea how often planes need to be repainted but its obvious they need to be. However the cost appears to be a tad high https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1273540449232453632

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts