• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Quick Note

W

woodie

Thought I may come and have a look and see if the situation has improved at all.

f*** me! This place has gone seriously bad. The Lions forum has turned from a well organised place with people posting decent ideas and suggestions to somewhere polluted with stupid topics, embarrassingly bad punctuation, grammar and spelling and one line posts from idiots who don't have a clue what they are on about and new people who think they rule the roost. I also noticed that An Tarbh, Cavan and AllBlacksHurricanesFan have not been about for a while.

The senior members are leaving for a reason! Someone needs to get a grip of this place because it's gone off the rails.

It's true, but it's just like when a new rugby game comes out and there are piles of people around that many consider annoying for a while but eventually they disappear, in this case just chillax until the Lions tour is over and Wales have been beaten a few times and everything will be back to normal.

it is true and im getting fed up with people posting like a chat room - its a forum
not a bloody chat room - and im fed up of people text talking on here , theres a pm function for a reason please use it.

an tarbh was on here yesterday i think.

cavan Posted on: Jun 16 2005, 10:48 AM

tarbh finished exams, probably working somewhere now.

qoute by cavan a few days back
an tarbh then made an apearance shortly after and has made a few posts over the last few days.

on a serious note though - woodie is right - the amount of pointless topics on the lions forum needs to be stopped, and people should post properly and use correct grammar, i for one am getting fed up of it, we need people to post more intelligently, for the sake of the forum.

Just to clarify - I'm not going to return so long as such **** as:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
matt dawson
why the hell was he even picked farley_o[/b]
Oliver out of first test - hot off press.
Los Lover[/b]
Poll: battle of captains
who do u think is the best captain? Flamingo[/b]
The lions team for wednesday Is pretty Good.
The good selection of welsh and english Bom Bom[/b]

is found on the forum.

woodie man - please come back we need descent people like you on the forums, if people like you leave then this forum will undoubtably get worse, please i want to see your trademark positives and negatives of the lions performance tommorrow morning.

yeah woodie dont go

although im glad you didnt put any of my useless posts up there.
<

your the man, if people like you left then we will be left with losers like me here, and then the site will turn to even more poo

on another note, my computer has a virus on it, so im using the one at my dads for a change, and just looking though what ive missed, my responce is, what the f***, how can all of this happen in a week?!?!?

when i get my computer back, and spend all night catching up, im going to angist at alot of people
<

woops thats not a good way to start, sorry woodie and wally:wacko:

chers lora for noting it
<

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 18 2005, 10:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
matt dawson
why the hell was he even picked farley_o
Los Lover[/b]

is found on the forum. [/b][/quote]
I personally think some of us are getting a little precious on here........

Out of the four you mentioned the only post that seems to be utter dribble is the one started by a newby about Matt Dawson (Note: Thread deleted, the thread author warned.....)"Bom Bom" and others have been warned and I have not had to delete one of their threads since.

The thread about Oliver may not be "newsworthy" to some but to others it is, he adds major muscle to the all Black front row. Los lover may not be some peoples cup of tea, but generally his posts are long (too long sometimes.......) and at least attract comments from others (as long as they don't become abusive).

The "battle of the captains" thread may not be to your taste but it has gathered 17 or so votes on its poll so somebody has shown an interest. I've seen much worse polls then that.........

At the end of the day there is always going to be some threads not of interest to some posters. As someone else mentioned when we get special events like the Lions tour we will attract short term posters with a wide variety of views.

I've looked through the Lions related threads and there is some good stuff in there, some are not to my taste, but I just chose not to read or post in them.

No forum is perfect in that sense Woodie, I think NZL fan's got it pretty spot on, you've gotta live with a bit of crap, everyone starts off like that on forums somewhere, they just happen to be doing it here.

I blame the post related ranking system, I say it attracts members to post in order to advance in stature.

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Jun 18 2005, 11:22 AM
No forum is perfect in that sense Woodie, I think NZL fan's got it pretty spot on, you've gotta live with a bit of crap, everyone starts off like that on forums somewhere, they just happen to be doing it here.

I blame the post related ranking system, I say it attracts members to post in order to advance in stature.
Thats probably a good point - I'll raise the issue with the other Mods (where-ever they may be...........).

My personal preference is if posters are to be ranked (an issue in itself), then they should be ranked on their standing within the forum, quality of posts and so forth. It may be the case that you can not start a thread before making a certain level or ranking (would stop a lot of these pointless newbie threads I'm having to delete).........

Bad grammer is what is occuring throughout society as a whole - not a great thing, and on this forum we too are not immune from it.

I remember back when this forum was started, John (was it John? meh, eastsrule) was talking to me about not having a post count. I thought this was a good idea but he told me it would be harder for new users to tell who was a more experienced poster. Personally I agree with Woodie. The forum is on a slide, hopefully after the lions are gone it will calm down. But, it isn't really much different to when England won the world cup is it? I know a lot of people have matured since then but some of the people complaining posted the most rubbish, gloating threads I've ever seen.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jun 18 2005, 01:34 PM
I remember back when this forum was started, John (was it John? meh, eastsrule) was talking to me about not having a post count. I thought this was a good idea but he told me it would be harder for new users to tell who was a more experienced poster.
Hence the idea of a repsect based rating, the more experienced and respected users get more stars or whatever it may be representing their status.

It's harder to tell now who is more experienced, because spammers get huge post counts quickly, thus appearing that they are intellegent and experienced.

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 18 2005, 10:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
matt dawson
why the hell was he even picked farley_o
Los Lover[/b]

is found on the forum. [/b][/quote]
What is the hell wrong of having a topic saying Oliver is injured and out for the third test, like NZL Fan said he is an importaint member of the AB team

No doubt if someone like JW or Jason Robinson or someone else with similar standing went down youd no doubt create a topic on it...

Just a point on the whole ranking thing - perhaps it would be better to have a system where only the admins and mods can advance people. They can see who contribute constructively, and would render spam pointless.

Basically, you should only be advanced a level when other people think you have earned it. Don't know how easy this would be to implement though.

i think thats a good idea - i would rather it like that - because people are posting crap just to advance up the rankings.

i think that the counting of posts should be throwen out, and only having the thing saying "grass roots" or "veratian". reaching veteran status, required a posting of 1000. this shows that the person hasnt been around overnight, and is a valuable member of the forum. and this being a 2 catogorie thing, no in between bs.

but i think that having a respect thing simply wont be a good thing. it will mean that people who are one eyed will automaticly say, na this guys a dick, and give him a 0 rating. and then also, newbies will just come and think they know best and give peolpe who deserve more a low count. i mean, just imagin how gay-guys rating will go down, if newbies got to rate him
<

but no matter what, dumb posting needs to be addressed.

and this is coming from me, the no.1 most dumbest member on the forum (IQ wise anyway)

People like kinkon reached 1000 and they have just been here overnight.

We used to give Wally **** for being a spammer... If only we could remain that innocent
<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jun 18 2005, 08:51 PM
People like kinkon reached 1000 and they have just been here overnight.

We used to give Wally **** for being a spammer... If only we could remain that innocent
<
Reaching 1000 is not a big deal for some people................hell I think Ripper and I joined on the same day and he is 2000+ and I'm a way off 1000 posts yet........(NOT saying Rippers a spammer or anything though).

.............more emphasis should be made on the time (ie. date joined to present)people have been on the forum,and the quality of their posts/contribution to the forum within that time span..........

We are currently looking into the situation.

Latest posts