• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A quick overview of the Rugby world

I think changes will be inevitable. I don't think the IRB have billions of euros in reserve when there's an NFL style lawsuit against them.

I love the spectacle of the scrum. But the 'arm wrestle' it was is no longer. I just don't like it when a team is pinged for slightly going back when there's still an opportunity to reverse the pressure. I just don't see it anymore.

I think team weight limits will protect the sport from becoming a an NFL style uniform (helmets).

I actually like the brutal South Africans style of play and would love to see 15 jonah lomus v 15 chabals but I think the game will eventually turn into something else via lawsuits if we got to that point.

Ha. Fair enough. So you're happy with the way scrums work currently? Fed at an angle to a point where most hookers don't hook anymore and the team going back only has about 30cm to do something about it?

I don't really want the end of the scrum. I just want the pissballing about to stop, hookers to hook the ball and both teams give it a good equal battle like it should be.

Or how about a tap restart for knock ons as an option ?

Last edited:
I don't really want the end of the scrum. I just want the pissballing about to stop, hookers to hook the ball and both teams give it a good equal battle like it should be.

Total agreement! It is down to the referees and players and, indeed, the coaches to get this right within the rules as they stand!

Or how about a tap restart for knock ons as an option ?

No agreement!