• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Rugby Forum Proposal

M

Mr. Laxative

Okay, my ideas may have seemed crazy and hell, they were! But this isn't an idea - this is a proposal.

I propose that we merge with The East Terrace, call ourselves Twickers - the Unofficial Home of Rugby and make a nice little homepage. We would need a menu linking to the forum and to the revamped East Terrace. Other links should be Competitions, Games, Rugby News, Lock's Reviews and Other Sports.

By doing this, we can attract more members. Simply send everyone on the Terrace's mailing list an e-mail outlining the merge. In the e-mail we should include an offer of a membership at Twickers to post on the forum.

Also we should offer two types of memberships: Standard Member (free of charge) and Exclusive Member (a charge of ten pounds). Should they wish to take Standard they can still become an Exclusive Member by contributing 20 pounds over a period of time. Those that are existing members before the merge should only have to contribute 10 pounds.

Competitions should include games and books like at the Terrace, but if possible we should offer tickets to BIG rugby games in any area for Exclusive Members (eg. one comp for OZ, one for NZ, one for UK).

I'd like to keep up the partnership with Trev, even offer him an Exclusive Membership to keep him on board, but if we could also attract the guys at EA that would be great.

Of course we'd need to discuss the merge with Easty, but I'm sure this would make both of us better off. :)

Some ok thoughts in there Jacko, but changing our name to "Twickers"? ... I'm affraid I'm gonna have to agree with Ripper on that one. DIE.

So you expect new members to pay AUS$23.70 (NZ$27.35) to use the site? (Double that if they don't fork it out right away)

i took one look at that site just now.

lets ditch them all togeather :ph34r:

Woah woah woah.... Jacko, that IS a wacky idea... Nobody will pay 10 pounds to become a special person.

And sambad, you don't like the Eastterrace?!?! What the hell is wrong with you.

Jacko, you do have some nice ideas, and at least half of what you said is possible, but people are lazy things.

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 16 2006, 11:14 PM
What the hell is wrong with you.
That was a statement, not a question. Hence the lack of a "?"....For those wankers among us.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 16 2006, 10:11 AM
Nobody would pay.
Talking bout paying, this donation idea....what has happened to it? I can see the icon at the top but it's currently off line.....not that I want to donate money...I have a spare kidney though....

I haven't set up a paypal account yet. Quite frankly it doesn't look like it's worth my while, either because people are too tight fisted to help TRF grow.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 16 2006, 12:01 PM
I haven't set up a paypal account yet. Quite frankly it doesn't look like it's worth my while, either.
Could've had three kidneys mate, but since you don't drink you wouldn't need it anyway

Thanks for your contribution Wally but Ripper's already covered that in the second post

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 17 2006, 12:01 AM
I haven't set up a paypal account yet. Quite frankly it doesn't look like it's worth my while, either because people are too tight fisted to help TRF grow.
Yeah what happend to the account

If you set up the account we'll pay...... or atleast i will

Latest posts