• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

About The New World League

• Thread starter Canadian_Rugger
  • Start date
C

Canadian_Rugger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Build an all-conquering team using the in-depth transfer market while balancing all-new club objectives and assessing job offers from rival clubs. Only the best managers will survive.[/b]

I thought this was a very interesting quote taken off the EA website it seems to indicate you can switch clubs during world league which would be very cool indeed and seems to be a lot more indepth.

Sounds like a clone of the FIFA manager mode.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 2 2006, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a clone of the FIFA manager mode.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
no definitely not

The manager mode in fifa 06 is excellent for a game that is not purely a management sim. If we assume that it's a fairly faithful re-use of that mode, then I am hoping that you can start with the players who actually play for that club rather then a default made up squad (or at least there is an option to do this)... having both of these options would be ideal but can't see that happening...

The screenshot of Bristol on the HB website seems to have their current lineup (as far as I know) which suggests you can start with the current squad.

Oh dear it seems with the addition of a FIFA like management aspect of Rugby 2006, it looks like I will almost definately be buying both EAs and Swordfish' games. They both look fab I think.

Coco

Originally posted by toup@Jan 2 2006, 02:24 AM
The screenshot of Bristol on the HB website seems to have their current lineup (as far as I know) which suggests you can start with the current squad.
It is about half and half. There are some real life squad players there, but also the default ones, such as hooker McDonald, an scrum half Kelly.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Jan 3 2006, 12:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Jan 3 2006, 12:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Jan 2 2006, 02:24 AM
It is about half and half. There are some real life squad players there, but also the default ones, such as hooker McDonald, an scrum half Kelly. [/b]
I only had quick glance and recognized some of the names... so now the question is, are they default players or are they new signings? Reckon this mode does look pretty promising, and if I'm honest, I'm such a sucker for rugby games that I'd probably buy this if it was just Rugby 2005 with offloads, this mode and the licensed GP. I think RC2006 will probably be a better game but I don't think we can write this off...

Originally posted by toup+Jan 2 2006, 02:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jan 2 2006, 02:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by harrison2468@Jan 3 2006, 12:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Jan 2 2006, 02:24 AM

It is about half and half. There are some real life squad players there, but also the default ones, such as hooker McDonald, an scrum half Kelly.
I only had quick glance and recognized some of the names... so now the question is, are they default players or are they new signings? Reckon this mode does look pretty promising, and if I'm honest, I'm such a sucker for rugby games that I'd probably buy this if it was just Rugby 2005 with offloads, this mode and the licensed GP. I think RC2006 will probably be a better game but I don't think we can write this off... [/b]

3 of the players are the old default players on the previous 2 versions. So I'm expecting either you start off with a few of the club's real players along with several of the defaults or it is the same as before, except this guy has just decided to buy Bristol players. This would be strange unless the player is a Bristol supporter, because I can't think of many people who would buy Clarke instead of someone like Sheridan or Woodcock or Jenkins! I'm presuming then it is the former, and you get a few real players to start.

I will probably also end up buying the game, but I made a promise to myself to wait a bit before buying, and I'm going to do that. There is no way I'm going to spend £30 if it ends up like the others.

bigger version;

rug16_big.jpg

Just noticed that the 'default' rubbish players are valued higher than the actual bristol players in many cases
<
. They also don't seem to affect the wage bill... all sounds very familiar (bigger numbers on the same world league mode anyone?). Still looks promising and hopefully there's a bit more depth to it this time.

Originally posted by toup@Jan 2 2006, 04:13 PM
Still looks promising and hopefully there's a bit more depth to it this time.
Definitely, look at the form and morale ratings. How noticeable these factors will be is not known yet, but at least they are trying to improve things.

Oh, and the Bristol players can be edited...
<

I am hoping that the stat's and differential factors play a part in the actual gameplay and are not there just to pretty things up.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Jan 3 2006, 04:56 AM
<
If only in real life too...

If they've used the fifa 'engine' for this career mode then I'd be fairly hopeful that form etc would make a difference as it seems to on fifa... but then I hope they don't go too far and make off form players miss every tackle and drop every ball... it's quite hard to realistically reflect a slight drop in form but I suppose at least they're trying...

Originally posted by toup+Jan 2 2006, 05:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jan 2 2006, 05:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Jan 3 2006, 04:56 AM
<
If only in real life too...

[/b]
Ah, I just noticed your a Bath fan. Explains this verbal abuse!
<
Just remember, 6 points better and a Feb/March schedule to come...
<

Will players retire now then? If they get older, then new players must be generated. Should be interesting.

Is world league continuous ie does it just keep running ? Surely the players must age and retire with rookies coming in if thats the case or we would have 50 year olds running around.

Either that or age just doesnt increase. Dont even THINK thats not possible
<

Don't quote me on it, but I THINK players age and retire in fifa 06, so would reckon this will be the case in Rugby 06 as well as assume they've ported the same engine more or less. Hopefully there's a player development system as well so you could nurture your young talent... now THAT would give the game some lifespan

Originally posted by harrison2468@Jan 3 2006, 05:06 AM
Will players retire now then? If they get older, then new players must be generated. Should be interesting.
Maybe they do. Maybe you start with a real team and you get bad players from the previous after retirement, then you can trade them if you want.

I just had a stupid idea. Maybe there's some very loose story line. Your club, Bristol in this case, has just crashed and burned with the money situation. You have some money to retain some players but apart from that you start with the old crew (Zwicker and friends). Actually that may be stupider after re-reading it than I initially thought. Meah.

Players do age nd retire in FIFA 2006.

I quite like the FIFA 2006 management mode but I think that for all of the good things there are plenty of bad things. The scouting is pretty poor and there is a very limited amount of information about other leagues.

It is also real tough to attract decent players to your club. I was managing a side from the Championship and had players from teams in League One turn my offers down because my club wasn't prestigious enough. Also I was offering them loads more dosh than they were currently getting.

But overall it is pretty good - far better than anything else that has been released so far. And I guess if I want a real football manager feeling than I just need to load up Football Manager 2005.

Latest posts