• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Acquired tastes...

M

melon

Well I thought i'd share with you some acquired tastes that really make life that bit more enjoyable for me.

I really look forward to eating these whenever I can
  • Anchovies
  • Capers
  • Olives
  • Caviar
  • All different kinds of cheeses
I've been told time and time again by countless people how bad these are?! THEY ARE IDIOTS! I know they are acquired tastes, but people don't give them ago. Although I guess some people truly don't like them at all.

All the same, I think they are wonderful. Truly one of life's great joys.

So what acquired tastes do you really appreciate? What floats your boat?

Anchovies - brilliant..
Capers - don't think I have tasted it.. :S
Olives - Brilliant as well
Caviar - love it..
Cheeses - well, depends.. but I like most of em..

Anchovies - gross
Capers - WTF is a caper?
Olives - Ok.
Caviar - Love that stuff! Even the cheap kind's good!

I'm not sure what really defines an aquired taste but for me personally - Honey Liquor, Mead, Lobster, Sun Drop soda (only available in the Midwest USA - it is the nectar of the gods!), Smoked Salmon, Prosciutto...not to mention Patron tequila

as for non-edibles, there are too many acquired tastes to list, especially dealing with music

Isn't beer technically an acquired taste?
[/b]

not to mention rugby, motorcycles, hip-hop, sushi, blogging, reality TV, Jaegermeister, UFC, paintball and Spiderman-brand blue raspberry soda

maybe it means something perceived as "refined" that takes getting used to some stuff is just fun or tastes good and doesn't need any "acquiring"

<div class='quotemain'>
Isn't beer technically an acquired taste?
[/b]
maybe it means something perceived as "refined" that takes getting used to some stuff is just fun or tastes good and doesn't need any "acquiring"
[/b][/quote]

So, O'Roth is right, beer is an aquired taste.
Because it certainly isn't fun or good tasting a lot of the time.

it took some time to acquire an acceptance, not to mention a taste with me - the first time my dad handed me a brewski - good lord, it really tasted like something dead - plus you have to drink a ton to get drunk - especially if you're drinking something half-ass like Bud Light - at least the pints of whatever abroad get the job done

cheap and available everywhere, i view it as a nice, cold softdrink gone bad - I live like 2 hours from the home of Budweiser!

Scent of beer on a summer afternoon ... in a garden in Belgium ... brewed by monks (so they say) - nothing acquired about that.

Olives - good, saltier the better.
Anchovies - meh.
Capers - what's the problem?
Caviar - wha's da?
Cheese - Napoleon told Josephine not to wash until he returned from campaign ... you know?

The most vomity acquired taste is tobacco. But snuff is good.

Spiderman brand blue raspberry soda ... uh, just pass me a beer, thanks.

cheap and available everywhere, i view it as a nice, cold softdrink gone bad - I live like 2 hours from the home of Budweiser!
[/b]
The home of Budweiser is in the Czech Republic. They keep promising to sue, so they get their name in the paper and their original brand lines up on the shelves of British supermarkets. Beats that rice ****.

[/b]
Just as a side note...I can literally smell Budwieser brewing this very second, and see them from my window...yes...I live that close...no exageration...I walk my dogs past the front gate every morning.
And it's absolutely everywhere in this corner of the earth.

Scent of beer on a summer afternoon ... in a garden in Belgium ... brewed by monks (so they say) - nothing acquired about that.
[/b]
Go to Leuven...home of Stella Artois.

When i walk around Cardiff you can sometimes smell the brewery making up a batch of Brains Beer.

It's got a warm smell that just drifts across the city. Smells kinda like dog food. You know, the dry biscuit ones.

Diet Pepper seems to be an aquired taste around Napier, don't know why, easily the best Non-Alcoholic Drink out there.

The home of Budweiser is in the Czech Republic. They keep promising to sue, so they get their name in the paper and their original brand lines up on the shelves of British supermarkets. Beats that rice ****.
[/b]

Budweiser's made out of rice :huh: ? As far as Budvar is concerned - Anheuser-Busch's lawyers unfortunately will probably squash them in court - sorry, czechmate :D It's the biggest rice **** brewery in the world after all

<div class='quotemain'>
Diet Pepper seems to be an aquired taste around Napier, don't know why, easily the best Non-Alcoholic Drink out there.
[/b]
As in Diet Dr. Pepper?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah... Forgot the Dr, its strange because all we get around here is the Diet Stuff for some strange reason, and as much as I love the Diet Stuff finding the full on Dr Pepper is like heaven... sadly the only time I have it is on my yearly jaunts to Melbourne.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
As in Diet Dr. Pepper?
[/b][/quote]
Yeah... Forgot the Dr, its strange because all we get around here is the Diet Stuff for some strange reason, and as much as I love the Diet Stuff finding the full on Dr Pepper is like heaven... sadly the only time I have it is on my yearly jaunts to Melbourne.
[/b][/quote]

You ain't tasted anything 'till you taste the heaven that is Irn Bru! :D

Latest posts