• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Activison announce glut of sequels

Z

Zonerunner

Technically none have been officially confirmed by Activision yet, but as in-game advertisment agency Massive Inc. were responsible for this and Activision executives were on hand to deliver soundbites, I would say the list was legitimate. So, in 2009 you can expect...
  • A Tony Hawks ***le presumably controlled with a skateboard peripheral
    "You're not going to be playing this game with a controller in your hands". OK, so they didnt say skateboard controller, but read that description again. Obviously Neversoft, having taken over Guitar Hero reigns as of late, have decided that everything must be controlled with a gimmicky piece of plastic that you can charge people exorbiant amounts for, especially in the UK. That'll be October 2009.
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Because Call of Duty 6 might raise a few eyebrows probably. Infinity Ward are doing it, so expect a quality jump like Call of Duty to Call of Duty 2 (read: carbon copy). Autumn 2009.
  • James Bond ***le
    A "racing and driving focused" third person action ***le by Bizarre Creations, who have made a name for themselves with "racing and driving focused" games. Presumably Activision have forgotten that EA tried this with 007 Racing, though I suspect EA has been trying to do that for ages now. Not related to any Bond film, incase you were wondering. September 2009. As a side note, Bizzarre are also working on an original racing game which was described at the conference as "Mario Kart meets Forza". Does anybody remember Fur Fighters? That was alright. Why do they have to continue making racing games for the rest of time? Oh right, The Club.
  • Guitar Hero 5
    Absolutely nothing else confirmed, except a discussion that it would be a very viable franchise for in-game advertising.
I really, really dont like what Activision have become. They turn down ***les like Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend because they cant turn them into yearly franchises - for this. Interestingly, EA have started to realise the error of their ways and are making new IP's alongside the regular cashcows. While I bemoan the latter, I can't help but acknowledge that in recent years, EA have become... decent. Obviously EA is still a soulless corporation, but next to Activision, they're actually starting to look like some sort of gamer's champion. That's how low Activision have become. I thought the day I would be championing EA over another company would be the same day Sega announced Shenmue 3 for Dreamcast 2...

The Call of Duty series is going to have to resort to Roman numerals before long.

cod FTW
they can keep doing this and i'll be happy
a rgby ***le wont go astray - surely EA's exclusivity is expired in this field

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 4 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Call of Duty series is going to have to resort to Roman numerals before long.[/b]

Huh...sounds like a good idea.

The game will be set back in gladitorial Rome, under the rule of Nero, or some **** like that!
Yeah, great idea.
You could play the role of one of Nero's soldiers, unhappy with the tyrranical leader, but noble to your cause.

Call of Duty VII: Rome

Your war - the roman-parthian war - is fought between 58-63 AD. You, as one of the roman empire fight against the Parthians: 300 years into their existence and who by now cover extensively over Mid Persia, or what we now refer to as Iran. The battle is for control over Armenia..a vital bordering area seemingly in place simply to stop the two armies from fighting. The battle for this ground is crucial, and he who succeeds may go on to rule the world...

I pray no one actually makes that game. Dear god.

Perk: Your brutal subjugation of a peace-faring tribe in Western Europe has gained you fame and honour. With this power came corruption and you soon descend into a mad spiral of corpulence and gluttony which ultimately consumes your life when the townsfolk of the populace you now govern decide to revolt.

You are 5% more accurate with bow and arrows.

The Zonerunner unofficially announces that he is the official Chronicler of the Realm in the 7th Dimension

COD: Cowboys and Indians FTW!!!. :p

Imagine the range of costumes. Would be awesome.

And Horse back battles.

1 on 1 Quick Draw mode.

Bar Fights.

Maps would be pretty cool as well. :)

Latest posts