• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AFL Final

Well there's that as well, but the main Australian gripe seems to be with the ball and the main Irish gripe seems to be with the tackle. We're both shite when it comes to execution, obvious exceptions though. Both teams signed up to the rules so there's not much advantage either way. Personally I wouldn't mind the oval ball being used as long as we could have the shoulder charge instead of the tackle.

I think one test should be played with AFL rules and the other with Gaelic rules. It could work. I know the home team would dominate but it would be good to see two teams going at it at both games.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Oct 21 2004, 12:39 PM
hehe. *******, that's a funny word.
Thanks for speaking. You've made everyone's day that much better.

Disturbing development today with the news that the Australian captain, James Hird, has received a death threat on his answering machine at the team hotel. Bizarre.

That sucks. I hate James Hird but not that much. What do the Irish have against him?

Don't think we have anything against him, would imagine that not many Irish people have heard of him prior to the series.

Not that I've heard of, there's plenty of Aussies living in Dublin maybe he ****** them off.

A man with an Irish accent told Hird that he'd be lucky to finish the game without a bullet in his head. A similar message was left on another Australian team member's phone.

I'm sorry but the Irish are a f***ing joke. How can they let a dog on the field and just let the game continue? I mean the thing was chasing ball as they played! Haha, I love this game! Australia are up 3-0.

Pretty poor performance from the Australians this series, even in the second test when the Irish were so poor themselves they manage to win by 14 points. We couldn't pass the ball to save our lives but the Aussies seemed more intent on picking a fight rather than trying to win the test. Would hope that we have a much stronger squad next year, same should apply for the Aussies so next year should be very interesting.

If we had our best team out I think we would have won by a fair bit. Not a great performance but I won't be forgetting that game for a while. Those fights were incredible.

Even had a marriage proposal during one the quarter breaks.

On a sadder note it was nice to see Ireland take thr McAnallen trophy in its first year, fitting tribute to an outstanding gaelic footballer who had he still been alive would most likely have led the team.

Latest posts