• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Age of Empires III

J

-JJ-

I thought I'd stop talking about this in the Rugby 2005 thread and create a new thread...

Picking up where I left...

More screens at worthplaying.com or gamesman.co.nz

2841-2-lg.jpg

My computer would blow up if I tried to run that on it.

Yeah looks outstanding doesnt it, its actually just called aoe3 atm, not age of discovery, gamesman are wrong planet aom

I think i could run it pretty easily, amd xp 2.4ghz, 1gb ddr ram, radeon 9700 pro
<

Any idea when that's out? Looking good, I still play the original AoE.

Are these kinds of games fun to play cause they look confusing as all hell.

My computer would slap me in the face, laugh, and then kick my dog if I tried to run it.

lol yeah man :-D they are fun as hell

I play Rise of nations now thats the best RTS ever

Feeling strategied up so I bought Command and Conquer: Tibirian Sun for a very small fee earlier.

Have you got it Ripper? Will make an effort to install it sooner or later. Is it any good?

Its a much faster pace than the Age of Empire Games, although the Graphics are preetty dated, has more interesting units though, also has better Units and weapons and the mass destruction weapons are always good for mass slaughter

I'll learn my stuff then give you a shout for some online butchery then!
<

I played age of mythology quite a lot online with mates, that was really fun!

CA, confusing at first, but it's pretty easy to learn what to do... eg get essentials (gold, food, wood etc) build armies and make a ownage base to put it simply
<

This game has already been in development for 2 years.. release date is 2nd half of 05

it will have to be good to beat Rome Total War, although i'm a fan of both series of games, i can't wait to play AOE3.

I used to like the AOE games when I was younger, but once you've played something from the Total War series it just can't compete. I can't be bothered with all the micro-managment and tech-trees you have to go through, so unless AOE III has improved matters in this department I can't see it matching the epic scale of the Total War games.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 6 2005, 11:30 AM
CA, confusing at first, but it's pretty easy to learn what to do... eg get essentials (gold, food, wood etc) build armies and make a ownage base to put it simply
<
Does this involve pillaging, stealing, and raping? Cause my high-school guidance cousellor said I was decent at the first two. My raping is not so good.

Do you start the game in a shed with a stick, and then go up from there?

In the first Age of Empires you started with 2 dudes wearing nothing but loin cloths

I wondered if they were going to bring an AOE III out, too bad my comp cant run it
<

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Jan 6 2005, 09:19 AM
lol yeah man :-D they are fun as hell

I play Rise of nations now thats the best RTS ever
rise of nations has too many resources to collect.... i can only play that game when you have unlimited resourses
<

Latest posts