• 20-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-30

• 30 or over!!!!!!!

• Total voters
Originally posted by flanku@Mar 5 2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks Mark, makes me feel old, and an old gamer at that. We've come along way since Pong (first video game ever for you youngin's that may not know).
The first video game I played was in the 70's at Auckland International airport. A machine where there was a ball bouncing up and down the screen and you had this little white line you controlled to make it rebound. Is this pong?

Well I am 35 this year and there is no letting up at all apart from when you have to cater for the wife and kids as well as work and other commitments. Ohterwise my interest is still as strong as ever.

I have discovered that I have lost a bit of my killer edge over the years. I used to take it so seriously and wanted to be the best there is but now I just see it as a game to enjoy and have fun on. I have seen too many angus losers and realise I don't want to play with those types. Games should be there to play hard yet enjoy whether you are winning or losing

Originally posted by bujin@Mar 5 2005, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
30 or over!!!!!!!

You make it sound like 30 is ancient!
<

I might have thought that 10-12 years ago, but with that age rapidly approaching, it doesn't seem quite so old anymore!
<
[/b][/quote]
its all relative - when your a wee pip sweak at 15 then 30 is ancient, grandad material! But when you actually get there you realise it isn't and things havn't changed much. when you hit forty you'll think thirty year olds are just kids!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 7 2005, 04:49 PM
The first video game I played was in the 70's at Auckland International airport. A machine where there was a ball bouncing up and down the screen and you had this little white line you controlled to make it rebound. Is this pong?
Yes, that was the ground-breaking pong. My dad actually bought the home version of that, an expensive, huge console that played only that one game. We thought it was the coolest thing...actually playing a game on the TV!!!!

Fun to think that for all the advancement in the last 25 yrs, gaming is still in it's infancy. Pretty soon, virtual reality all the way...remembering a topic question for another post; "Who leads the hakka? Spencer, or someone else if he is not in the line-up?" Soon the only answer will be..."You!"

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 8 2005, 01:40 AM
its all relative - when your a wee pip sweak at 15 then 30 is ancient, grandad material! But when you actually get there you realise it isn't and things havn't changed much. when you hit forty you'll think thirty year olds are just kids!
Yep, that's true! I went jetting off to Australia on my own when I was 23, but now when I look at a 23 year old, I think they are SOOOOO young!!!
<

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 8 2005, 01:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Mar 8 2005, 01:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-bujin
@Mar 5 2005, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
30 or over!!!!!!!

You make it sound like 30 is ancient!
<

I might have thought that 10-12 years ago, but with that age rapidly approaching, it doesn't seem quite so old anymore!
<
[/b]
its all relative - when your a wee pip sweak at 15 then 30 is ancient, grandad material! But when you actually get there you realise it isn't and things havn't changed much. when you hit forty you'll think thirty year olds are just kids! [/b][/quote]
I agree. I'll be turning 30 in a couple months and I can't wait.

Inicidentally, I'm now looking forward to growing old.

Three words:

Dirty. Old. Man.

ha, ha, ha .... you're a sick man. Am 34 .... been playing games since i was 8, my older brother got me into it... we use to spend hours playing. My oldest bro is a Doctor, the other a Lawyer and I'm an IT Solutions Developer ... you'd think we'd have out grown video games ... mate, we still take days off work to play PS2 tournaments ....
<

Latest posts