• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AI

How do you find the AI on hard difficulty?

• Too hard I can never score tries!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok but struggling a bit

• Perfect - I have some really close games

• Too easy, the AI don't score many tries

• Total voters
J

jimmy44

I am finding hard difficulty a challenge at the moment, especially against good teams. However I am getting better very quickly and so I'm a little concerned its going to get too easy!

Not played many matches on hard yet, but I'm finding that too easy. Haven't conceded a try yet in the games I've played just a handful of drop goals. Hopefully that will change when I get onto playing the top teams and start the WL again.

i find it pretty hard 2 score tries against comp the moves dont work.
against mates i smash em like 50 60 nil

The main problem with all modes is that the AI can defend a bit, but after you play a few times it is far too easy to defend against them.

In hard mode I never conceed any tries, just multiple drop goals and the odd penalty......

Here, I posted this in another thread about rugby 2005's AI.........

"In rugby 2005 the attacking AI simply just reflects what defensive play you choose.
I suggest thats why people are forever complaining about "the computer kicks all the time", because they never choose to do a "kick defense" defensive play to combat it.

Generally if you choose "kick defense" the computer runs a hell of a lot more, if you don't they kick a lot more........spread wide the computer is more inclined to make runs close to the ruck, defend close to the ruck/add too many players to the ruck and the computer will throw it wide..........all this is done in a mechanical fashion regardless whether it is the best decision or not.

....now how basic is that AI, hardly 2 and a half years worth of development thats for sure.....in fact it is so simple that most people here can not even see it for what it is........(forrest for the trees complex)."

Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 31 2005, 07:26 AM
The main problem with all modes is that the AI can defend a bit, but after you play a few times it is far too easy to defend against them.

In hard mode I never conceed any tries, just multiple drop goals and the odd penalty......

Here, I posted this in another thread about rugby 2005's AI.........

"In rugby 2005 the attacking AI simply just reflects what defensive play you choose.
I suggest thats why people are forever complaining about "the computer kicks all the time", because they never choose to do a "kick defense" defensive play to combat it.

Generally if you choose "kick defense" the computer runs a hell of a lot more, if you don't they kick a lot more........spread wide the computer is more inclined to make runs close to the ruck, defend close to the ruck/add too many players to the ruck and the computer will throw it wide..........all this is done in a mechanical fashion regardless whether it is the best decision or not.

....now how basic is that AI, hardly 2 and a half years worth of development thats for sure.....in fact it is so simple that most people here can not even see it for what it is........(forrest for the trees complex)."
Well I have been playing as bath and just had some superb games - just finished playing Toulouse - final score 19 (bath) 23 (Toulouse). I scored three tries and they scored a couple.

Also got trounced by The Brumies 30 - 13 and had a great match against the Ba ba's, Managhed to beat them 12 -3!!

I am still finding hard a real challenge esp against the better sides. The AI seem to mix it up quite well, and put together some good moves. agreed some of the time they are quite predicable, but not always.

I don't quite understand your logic because I have used wide defence plenty of times and they have still spread it wide. Same with kick defence, They still kick if you chose this defensive strategy.

I have noticed choosing kick defence does make them run more, but choosing tight or wide does absolutely nothing. The Ai will score the odd try on you and sometimes its a good one, but it only seems to be when your getting bored and you let your guard down a bit. The only way to make this more challenging once youve mastered hard mode is to make up rules for yourself and stick to them.

Playing on normal level was becoming too easy, especially as a bought better players (World league mode).

Playing on hard is VERY frustrating. Constantly getting turned over. Catch 22, I can't hardly score any tries, so can't get bonus points to improve my team, so can't score tries, and so on. To be honest, the turnovers are trying my patience.

I've only won one game out of 5 - against Gwent Dragons, when I had a breakaway length of the field try. None of my set moves seem to work.

Any idea how to try to stop turnovers on hard level? Seems to be quite a wide gulf between normal and hard levels.

The AI is ****.

There is my insight,
<

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 31 2005, 04:30 AM
I am finding hard difficulty a challenge at the moment, especially against good teams. However I am getting better very quickly and so I'm a little concerned its going to get too easy!
It will... I just completed a RWC with australia on hard with 5 min halves and I scored at least 4 tries every match (7 against namibia) and only conceded 3 points through the entire tournament! I beat the AB's 26-0 in the semi and beat France 33-3 in the final...

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 31 2005, 10:15 AM
I have noticed choosing kick defence does make them run more, but choosing tight or wide does absolutely nothing. The Ai will score the odd try on you and sometimes its a good one, but it only seems to be when your getting bored and you let your guard down a bit. The only way to make this more challenging once youve mastered hard mode is to make up rules for yourself and stick to them.
I find they can score tries even when I'm concentrating!

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 31 2005, 02:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 31 2005, 02:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Mar 31 2005, 04:30 AM
It will... I just completed a RWC with australia on hard with 5 min halves and I scored at least 4 tries every match (7 against namibia) and only conceded 3 points through the entire tournament! I beat the AB's 26-0 in the semi and beat France 33-3 in the final... [/b]
Mate I think you're just too good at the game! Why don't you try playing as a worse team or tweak the stats a bit

I was playing as bath against a few of the top super twelve and european sides and had some really close games.

Still playing on Normal just now, as Brescia in the European Cup, beat Leicester 24-17 in my opening game, lost 36-29 to Wasps with a last minute Mark van Gisbergen try, and then beat Biarritz 18-9. The games are still pretty tight as I am a fairly poor side, but I have no problems with this as I know I am still able to move up to hard once I'm ready.

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Mar 31 2005, 11:22 AM
Playing on normal level was becoming too easy, especially as a bought better players (World league mode).

Playing on hard is VERY frustrating. Constantly getting turned over. Catch 22, I can't hardly score any tries, so can't get bonus points to improve my team, so can't score tries, and so on. To be honest, the turnovers are trying my patience.

I've only won one game out of 5 - against Gwent Dragons, when I had a breakaway length of the field try. None of my set moves seem to work.

Any idea how to try to stop turnovers on hard level? Seems to be quite a wide gulf between normal and hard levels.
I am infirst division now (hard level)...

Have Caucaunibuca, the Japanese winger, a creation of myself - lol, BOD, Tuilevu, Os Du Randt and Victor Matfield....I am 1 game into the first div - I won with bonus point.

I struggled in my first season - won only 4 games...but 2nd year I came first and then in my first go at second division I came first again!! wahooo! Had to beat my own team (the Blues) in one of the all-time upsets (I had like 2 players - but CauCau got three tries!!
<
)

You need to learn how to kick well.....obviously play side view etc....
Need to push hard with well-timed runs from beyond the offside line on-the-move to apply pressure and get turnovers.....buy good backs before good forwrads - at least that;s what worked for me....check my post on thred for unlockables.....GayGuy's tips are always good too..check em out.....Use the classic X move off scrums and rucks to occasionally bust the md-field then time your pass to your support.......have all your wits about you at all times.....time all scrums well etc....you don't need great forwards to win your own ball.....master calling your defense plays consistently and correctly (sometimes need to do a quick change off a player to initiate)......know where to find your weapons on attack when you need them.........get good at pressuring their first receiver and punt attempts........Occasuinally concede three points if seven is imminent, but know when to try and hold on too - don't just concede a string of penalties.....use the skip ball, dummy passes, long passes to wise effect......learn to come back in-field with your winger if you can't take him all the way - it's better to retain the ball...by playing closer to your forwards until a real opportunity arises......

Hard level World league is great fun once you are competitive.

Latest posts