Brad Thorn - Tasman
Neemia Tialata - Wellington
Isaia Toeava - Auckland
Anthony Tuitavake - North Harbour
Piri Weepu - Wellington
Scott Waldrom * Taranaki
Ali Williams - Tasman
Tony Woodcock - North Harbour

So annoyed that they pick Corey Flynn ahead of Hika Elliot. Also Jeremy Thrush should be in their and Mathewson ahead of Ellis, but thats just my opinion. A pretty strong squad

I'm looking forward to seeing how Corey Jane's gonna play. He looks really dangerous and plays good attractive rugby.
Exciting prospect at full back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm looking forward to seeing how Corey Jane's gonna play. He looks really dangerous and plays good attractive rugby.
Exciting prospect at full back.[/b]

Yea, Jane is an exciting prospect and might also play against the Wallabies in Hong Kong because Mils Muliaina's wife is having a baby.

I hope they play Anthony Tuitavake at centre. He has a great step on him but just needs to get the ball more often!

A very good squad a few that some people will disagree with but I'm rapt to see a few more Wellington players in there and the likes of Kieren Read, Messam and Waldrom will make great additions to the team. I hope the new caps get alot of gametime because some of them I didn't really watch of that much this season but I like the looks of Jamie MacKintosh he's a big unit and looks to be the goods in the scrums.

I totally agree with you allyoop Hikawera Elliot had a massive season and the Hawkes Bays Magpies deserve a few more names in the squad. It's just too bad that the selectors go on reputation most of the time instead of form or else we'd have more Stags and Magpies in there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 26 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A very good squad a few that some people will disagree with but I'm rapt to see a few more Wellington players in there and the likes of Kieren Read, Messam and Waldrom will make great additions to the team. I hope the new caps get alot of gametime because some of them I didn't really watch of that much this season but I like the looks of Jamie MacKintosh he's a big unit and looks to be the goods in the scrums.

I totally agree with you allyoop Hikawera Elliot had a massive season and the Hawkes Bays Magpies deserve a few more names in the squad. It's just too bad that the selectors go on reputation most of the time instead of form or else we'd have more Stags and Magpies in there.[/b]

Yea, the majority of the squad is excellent. Kieran Read looks like the new Reuben Thorne but a lot quicker (hopefully he ends up being better in attack than Thorne was) and Messam is pretty quick too and great on attack. I would have liked Latimer to make the team over Waldrom because Waldrom is 28 now and getting on in years but he seems like the kind of guy who would stay for the next RWC so fair enough. Jamie Mackintosh looks to be the next Carl Hayman with his height and ability to play both sides of the scrum but he is about 10kg heavier!

With Corey Flynn at times it just seems like he is blundering his way around the field if that makes any sense. He will throw the ball in crooked at lineout time and make silly handling errors. Elliot has hardly had a lineout throw crooked all season and is a great ball carrier!

Andy Ellis......................... why, just why? Not only is he injured in the first place, he's just f***ing downright useless.

Toeava doesn't deserve to be there, he's done nothing all season, Bateman deserved a go.

Ben Franks? Are you kidding me? The guy moves to Tasman 'cos Wyatt Crockett is head and shoulders above him yet he gets selected instead of Crockett? Crockett's been awesome for the last 3 years and could easily have made the squad each time, but no.

I am so livid with those turkeys... Hika Elliot should have been selected. Like allyoop said, Flynn does seem cumbersome around the field. Almost lumbers. Hika has a pretty good workrate and is very consistent. Flynns been pretty consistent too (from what I've seen anyway) but in my eye(s) Hika has had a fantastic season, growing from last season and deserves a callup.

I am also a fan of Thrush but I can sort of see why he wasn't picked. Glad Gear and Jane are there. Especially Jane, good old Upper Hutt boy. My bogan buddy...

Glad I can't see Lauaki on that list too.

Its a pretty good squad... sad for Wulf though i must say but yeah aw well lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Oct 26 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
aw i wanted John Schwalgernizer to be selected lol he's the mantis![/b]

:lol: Yeah tough for him eh, we have a lot of depth in the proping department at the moment. Jamie "Whoppa" Mackintosh fully deserved his place. He's 6ft. 5 tall and weighs 130kg! He outsizes Hayman by a fair margin! I was hoping for Crockett to finally get the call up, god knows what those 3 muppets see in Ben Franks.

Hahah I guess i'm the only one who misses Lauaki :(

I know I know everyone thinks hes awful but I'll always have a soft spot for him :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canuck-Backrow @ Oct 25 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I know I know everyone thinks hes awful but I'll always have a soft spot for him :p[/b]
I miss Lauaki... If he'd started against Wales we may have had a chance! <_<

This is my shot at picking our best 22.

1. Woodcock
2. Hore
3. Tialata
4. Thorn
5. Williams
6. Read
7. McCaw ©
8. So'oialo

9. Cowan
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. Rokocoko
15. Muliaina

16. Mealamu (covers hooker)
17. Mackintosh (covers loosehead)
18. Filipo (covers lock)
19. Messam (covers entire back row)
20. Weepu (covers halfback and 1st5/8)
21. Kahui (covers center & wing)
22. Toeava (covers virtually entire backline)

Pretty decent looking team I reckon, could be better. We have some great cover players who can play a lot of positions, thank god Weepu has been in form at no. 10 which means Donald will never play again lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canuck-Backrow @ Oct 25 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I know everyone thinks hes awful but I'll always have a soft spot for him :p[/b]
I miss Lauaki... If he'd started against Wales we may have had a chance! <_<
[/b][/quote]

:lol: You really think having one useless player like Lauaki would increase your chances? Just kidding, no matter how harsh it sounds, it probably would.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will Hosea Gear be not likely to make a starting 15 squad very often?[/b]

He was worryingly absent for Wellington when the going got tough last night. Sure, he scored a bucket load of tries during the season but if any of the other wings in this AB squad were playing for Wellington I'm sure they would have done the same, if not more. I just don't think he does enough around the park compared to the likes of Rokocoko and Sivivatu. I'd pick him over Tuitavake though.

I'd have him starting if Rokocoko isn't fully match fit, but once that happens, he will not be a starter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 26 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will Hosea Gear be not likely to make a starting 15 squad very often?[/b]

He was worryingly absent for Wellington when the going got tough last night. Sure, he scored a bucket load of tries during the season but if any of the other wings in this AB squad were playing for Wellington I'm sure they would have done the same, if not more. I just don't think he does enough around the park compared to the likes of Rokocoko and Sivivatu. I wouldn't pick him over Tuitavake though.

He's actually not that good at all compared to our other wingers, as soon as the game became close last night he disapeared.
[/b][/quote]

QFT.

What's wrong with Donald, he's looked good everytime he's played for the ABs. I'm suprised they haven't picked Schwalger. I wasn't a big fan of his but because he'd been in the set up before and because he can play both sides of the scrum I would have expected him to be in the squad.

Side for Hong Kong:
1 Woodcock
2 Hore
3 Franks
4 Thorn
5 Williams
6 Kaino
7 McCaw
8 Read
9 Cowan
10 Carter
11 Sivivatu
12 Nonu
13 Smith
14 Rockocoko
15 Toeava

16 Mealamu
17 Tialata
18 Boric
19 Thompson
20 Weepu
21 Donald
22 Kahui

If Muliaina's playing he'll be in for Toeava, likewise, Afoa for Franks. I'm pretty sure Tialata will stay a benchplayer because of his versatility. If Donald is injured then Jane will slot on to the bench (if Toeava isn't already).

Gear will play against Scotland, score like four tries in a game where we win like 80-0 and everyone will be like, oh my god he's the man!!!!1!11!

Latest posts