• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Named

Fair points made cheifsfan. But you prefer Franks over Mackintosh? I know he's a loosehead so he would not start with Woodcock but he'd have to be on the bench over Franks (who shouldn't be in the team to start with) in my opinion. In that case, either Tialata or Afoa should start.

Yeah, I prefer him, but I think if the selectors have picked Franks then they'll use him.

Steve Tew CEO of the NZRFU was at the pub last night don't know wtf he was doing in this hole but he said he wasn't too sure if Wellington were gonna win and guess bloody what? he was right. I think he rigged it because how else would he have known what was about to happen lol.

I was gonna ask him for his picks for the squad but I guess you kinda can't ask that sort of thing thou he did give a bit of a hint that there would be a few new caps from Wellington. I'm glad for the new caps but I thought Thomas 'the tank engine' might have got a mention at least because his workrate is tremendous and he's been like that for the last 3 years it's just that with the likes of JC, Rodders and Masoe around it was a bit hard for him to get a starting role.

Anyone know when they'll be anouncing the team for next weeks match against the Wallabies in Hong Kong?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 26 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Steve Tew CEO of the NZRFU was at the pub last night don't know wtf he was doing in this hole but he said he wasn't too sure if Wellington were gonna win and guess bloody what? he was right. I think he rigged it because how else would he have known what was about to happen lol.

I was gonna ask him for his picks for the squad but I guess you kinda can't ask that sort of thing thou he did give a bit of a hint that there would be a few new caps from Wellington. I'm glad for the new caps but I thought Thomas 'the tank engine' might have got a mention at least because his workrate is tremendous and he's been like that for the last 3 years it's just that with the likes of JC, Rodders and Masoe around it was a bit hard for him to get a starting role.

Anyone know when they'll be anouncing the team for next weeks match against the Wallabies in Hong Kong?[/b]

I think it's either Tuesday or Wednesday morning they announce the squad.

They always did it Tuesday for the last games, but as it's in HK I'm not sure. It'll be either Wednesday morning or Tuesday Evening.

Does anyone out there know the S14 quads yet? Like, HP for instance?

yeah someone made the point that yes gear has had a great season, but against who?
Id like to see him step up a level again in the super 14 next year

Not a bad squad, should have gone for Alby Matthewson over Ellis ....

I take it Masaga's injured? i was really looking forward to seeing him at test level. I never followed much of the Air NZ cup,more than the highlights anyway, did flying Joe even score once? Sivivatu has to be first choice winger but behind him, why not give Gear atleast two test starts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Oct 27 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I take it Masaga's injured? i was really looking forward to seeing him at test level. I never followed much of the Air NZ cup,more than the highlights anyway, did flying Joe even score once? Sivivatu has to be first choice winger but behind him, why not give Gear atleast two test starts.[/b]

Masaga plays for the second bottom team and therefore will nver make the All Blacks out of the ANZC. He never gets the ball and when he does it's in bad positions. If he moves province he'll have a higher chance but he seems to like CM. Rockocoko only played three or four times and actually did score a couple of tries methinks. He always plays better for NZ however so meh.

Gear isn't great, it won't be long before people see this.

Gear's the man at Anz Cup level, Masaga's the man at Super14 but Roks is a test level player. Sivivatu's a bit up and down but when he's on he's on as of late thou he seems to be quite laboured when he goes back for the ball and sometimes gets lazy on defence.

I can't wait to see Jane play because he's had a good season and hopefully he can step up for the All Blacks. It's good to see Messam in there for Lauaki because Lauaki was average anyway he had a shocker in the Tri Nations and he didn't get any better in the Anz Cup.

I'd pick anyone before Ellis he just takes far to long to pass the damn ball you hardly if never see him pass the ball from the ground he always picks it up and cradles it back for a second or two than decides if he's gonna pass it or not. We all saw it when he got sacked by Januarie 3 or 4 times in one game.

I must say that is one hell of a squad Henry has picked there. I'm quite excited to see some really good youngsters in there. Reid finally got picked! As did Jane (matter of time really) and of course Gear.
The eventual grand slam tour is on it's way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Oct 26 2008, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will Hosea Gear be not likely to make a starting 15 squad very often?
What's wrong with Donald, he's looked good everytime he's played for the ABs.[/b]

I Agree, I Suggest Starting carter obviously jsut for that game security and then bring stephen donald in 2nd half and shift carter to inside center, they done it once and i lyked what i saw, and as for hoshea gear he should deserve sivivatus spot, gear and coke unstoppable and tuitavake should get more play as well hes explosive

I don't have any major complaints with the team, really.

Thought Elliot would have got in the team rather than Flynn. I expect Flynn will only be on the fringes anyway, so I it doesn't bother me too much.

I don't like Ellis either, but quite frankly there's nobody else. I don't rate Mathewson at all. He isn't anything special, imo, and at least Ellis has got some experience at international level. Cowan's starting to arrive on the international scene, so as long as he stays fit I'd expect him to start, with Weepu as second choice and Ellis as third.

Can't understand the criticism of Hosea Gear. He may have gone missing in the final, but how many other players were there on the Wellington team (including present All Blacks) that went missing as well?

You only have to look back a week later where he put in another great performance and saved Wellington's skins. against Southland. I also recall him saving the Hurricanes' ass versus the Bulls a couple of seasons back as well with a great individual try.

He's served his apprenticeship (more so than Rudi Wulf imo) and deserves to be in the squad. I expect him to do a lot more in the All Blacks than Wulf and Tuitavake have. Although, in Tuitavake's defence, he's more of a centre than a winger.

Well here's the 22 named for Saturday nights Bledisloe:

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Williams
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw (Captain)
8. Rodney So’oialo
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Stephen Donald
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu