• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks new World Cup Haka

Haha that was quite good :) ...Nice piece of work i liked it :) But what made this thread even better was the amount of NH poster's in here trying to kick start a failed attempt of a slagging match between the SH people :bravo: ( marvelous)

You gotta do better then that to get under our skins... "BUT 10 POINTS FOR TRYING" :cheers:

Haha that was quite good :) ...Nice piece of work i liked it :) But what made this thread even better was the amount of NH poster's in here trying to kick start a failed attempt of a slagging match between the SH people :bravo: ( marvelous)
[/b]

We didn't want a slagging match. It was just our little private joke we have with one another.

You gotta do better then that to get under our skins... "BUT 10 POINTS FOR TRYING" :cheers: [/b]

Seriously? We've got to do better than that? Aww crap. Well i'm not gonna bring up the whole "chokers" thing again. That one was just too easy...

Well i'm not gonna bring up the whole "chokers" thing again. That one was just too easy...
[/b]

Your still not gonna get a slagging match just for that :bleh!: ... But keep trying son 1 day wales may even prove us wrong by winning a RWC for once :cheers:

But keep trying son 1 day wales may even prove us wrong by winning a RWC for once :cheers: [/b]

I don't see that happening. But hey, maybe new zealand can do it again, though, eh? :eek:

yeah that haka piece definitely has some controversy....not sure I agree with the idea of food and haka....food is considered tapu next to haka. But maybe its just for laughs. not gonna get my undies in twist over it

Where was it that they were forced to do the Haka inside the dressing rooms? I want more of them shenanigans. Haka in the dressing rooms, Henson waxing his legs on the pitch.

The Haka seems to get more theatrical and lengthy every year. If you looked back even 15 years ago it was a bunch of skinny white guys half heartedly slapping there thighs. Now there's more choreography then a Micheal Jackson film clip. What's it going to be like in 15 years time? Maybe there won't even be game of rugby after it. It might just be an 80 minute dance off Zoolander style.

The thing that really gets me is that in NZ the majority of people treat Maori like crap but when it comes to the haka they're all "we're so into our culture" about it.

The thing that really gets me is that in NZ the majority of people treat Maori like crap but when it comes to the haka they're all "we're so into our culture" about it.
[/b]

I dont have a problem with any of the posts on this thread with the exception of the one above. It is just too generalized and I would go as far as to say made by a person with ignorance on the subject.

To educate you, the majority of NZers do not treat Maoris' like crap. There... Educated!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I dont have a problem with any of the posts on this thread with the exception of the one above. It is just too generalized and I would go as far as to say made by a person with ignorance on the subject.

To educate you, the majority of NZers do not treat Maoris' like crap. There... Educated! [/b][/quote]

I second you on that 1 mate :cheers: ...Its people outside looking in that dont really know the full story

The "throat slitting" Haka that was mentioned on the first page in this topic, I think, is called "Kapa O Pango".

Personally I really enjoy watching this Haka as it looks more challengeing... if you will, and scarrier than the Ka' Mate Haka. With that said I feel obligated to say that as much as I like the "Kapa O Pango" Haka, I prefere the Ka' Mate Haka.

The AB's just wouldn't be the same if they decided to switch the Ka' Mate to the Kapa O Pango and allways go with it.

The "throat slitting" Haka that was mentioned on the first page in this topic, I think, is called "Kapa O Pango".

Personally I really enjoy watching this Haka as it looks more challengeing... if you will, and scarrier than the Ka' Mate Haka. With that said I feel obligated to say that as much as I like the "Kapa O Pango" Haka, I prefere the Ka' Mate Haka.

The AB's just wouldn't be the same if they decided to switch the Ka' Mate to the Kapa O Pango and allways go with it.

[/b]

For me the throat slitting gestures are irrelevant, I reckon the thing people get bothered about is that they get to do their little pre-match intimidation routine and the rest of us have to stand there and take it...after they've done their haka can we go up to them and scream "Your gonna get your f***ing head kicked in"? Maori tradition & heritage aside it is ultimately the same thing.

I don't see anything wrong with the war-dance, far from it...I think it's brilliant, but should there be some redress?

<div class='quotemain'> The "throat slitting" Haka that was mentioned on the first page in this topic, I think, is called "Kapa O Pango".

[/b]

The thing is they get to do their little pre-match intimidation routine and the rest of us have to stand there and take it...after they've done their haka can we go up to them and scream "Your gonna get your f***ing head kicked in". Maori tradition & heritage aside it is ultimately the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with the war-dance, far from it...I think it's brilliant, but should there be some redress?
[/b][/quote]

I think you missed my point there, mate.

I didn't say I wanted the AB's to quit showing their Hakas all together. What I ment was that I don't want the AB's to stop showing the Ka' Mate haka and Allways go with the Kapa O Pango.

I reccon the hakas... be it from the Fijians, the Samoans, the Tongans or the Mighty AB's is great fun to watch. What they could do is that they could show the Ka' Mate haka and the Kapa O Pango... say every other time to get some variation. :)

It not slitting the throat... Its from the chest up [/b]

Is it? It looks like a throat slitting gesture. :)

But if that is the case, that it is from the chest up... then My bad. :)

Hope every AB's fan out there can forgive me. ;)

the action changed abit when the slit cutting action attracted criticism. [/b]

Attracted Criticism?

In what way?

What kind of criticism?

Just asking out of curiocity. :)

If they take Micheal Jackson's moves, it look better. No...its is scary but Jackson's moves will atract more children to rugby! :)

Latest posts