• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Altogether Now!!!

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

League: Rugby codes come together

The London Broncos league club are to ditch their name and identity and play under the banner of Harlequins rugby club from next season.

The two clubs have unveiled a ground-breaking five-year partnership, under which the Broncos will move to The Stoop and play in Quins' colours.

The clubs will continue to operate separately at board level, but will have access to each other's players, will share the same training facilities and will work together on development.

"What it will be is not a merger or a takeover in either direction, but it does represent the most exciting coming together of union and league ever," said Ian Lenagan, the new Broncos' chairman.

The Broncos have been successful on the field this season, with a playoff place within grasp, but have been close to extinction off it. They went into liquidation with debts of 3 million ($7.6 million) and were readmitted to Super League only after bitter debate.

- INDEPENDENT

-------------
FAR-OUT this is cool!..only problem is if the development programmes end up onesided eg.all the yougns go play rugby and leave league

but maybe contracts will seperate that
still great idea saves alot of money of both franchises and players from both codes will get better exposure ta the other code which cud help out there game

imagine nz warriors and auckland blues together...not neccessarily under the same banner but sharing eden park an erickson an warriors sharing the blues training facilities..(ive been ta the warriors sheds an gym..and its **** to say the least lol)

Im not totally sure on this but i think the leeds team operate the same way in that they are run by the same people and encourage fans to go to both teams games. I think also in recent time some players had dual contracts playing for the union and league teams. Very interesting move by London broncos guess it helps them and Harelquins financially. Also I think Harelquins got relegated recently and had to release lots of players so be joining up with the broncos they should have plenty of talent available and same for the broncos if they are running short on players they should have enough talent to cover.

^thats the thing tho
auckland npc are running out of looseforwards...ok no problem chuck ruben wiki and steven price in

warriors got shithouse backs?..yep out howlett at fullback bring webby at 6 and throw rokocoko outthere for good measure

lol..it wud be hillarous..rokocoko would smoke everyone in the nrl while monty betham is beating up rugby props lol

aye chiro it would be awesome if they did combine. The talent between them is amazing and I am sure guys like rockokco would carve it up in league and betham would sort out the rucks quite quickly in union.

**** yea but it would be worse for us if the nrl and aussie super14teams combined

sailor an tuquri cud be backing up for the roosters

and the reds absolutely love this idea:
..lockeyer...

yeah for sure the aussies have some good players but I doubt that could match a combined warriors and blues team.(so long as pat lam isn't coaching)

That's me going to one less game a season. I refuse to have anything to do with this, this is selling out for league as far as I'm concerned.

I hope they go bust!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 29 2005, 08:09 PM
That's me going to one less game a season. I refuse to have anything to do with this, this is selling out for league as far as I'm concerned.

I hope they go bust!
hahaha your such a tool SHRFLC

Hey he's cursed Union since the day he turned I can't remember what age.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 29 2005, 08:09 PM

I hope they go bust!
This is a big blow to league. Needing to combine with a Rugby club due to Money.

100 years vs 10 years of being professional.

St Helens is right in saying this is a Sellout to League.

League really have to look at how the game is run at administration level. How can you just miss the playoffs and have money problems?

But League has had an ongoing Administration issue since the Super League war.

Very disappointing if your a League fan, especially when League has 3 teams influenced by Rugby.

Originally posted by jonwebb+Jul 31 2005, 06:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonwebb @ Jul 31 2005, 06:06 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jul 29 2005, 08:09 PM

I hope they go bust!
This is a big blow to league. Needing to combine with a Rugby club due to Money.

100 years vs 10 years of being professional.

St Helens is right in saying this is a Sellout to League.

League really have to look at how the game is run at administration level. How can you just miss the playoffs and have money problems?

But League has had an ongoing Administration issue since the Super League war.

Very disappointing if your a League fan, especially when League has 3 teams influenced by Rugby. [/b]
Which three.

isn't rugby league generally influenced by Union seeing as it came out of the sport in the first place?

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 31 2005, 04:45 PM
isn't rugby league generally influenced by Union seeing as it came out of the sport in the first place?
No, as Union is almost unrecognisable from the game it was 110 years ago.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Aug 1 2005, 08:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Aug 1 2005, 08:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugby_Guy
@Jul 31 2005, 04:45 PM
No, as Union is almost unrecognisable from the game it was 110 years ago. [/b]
Union is unrecognizable to the sport it was 20 years ago
<

And yah ur right this is a big blow for league.

I like the part where it says we are not under new ownership we are just adopting their logo, using their facilities, and are under the same sponsorship, etc

sounds like new owners to me
<

The Quins will be back up in GP soon too with all those big signings so this will be a little money making scheme for them.

Leeds have been a joint code team for god knows how long.

Doesn't seem to have done them much wrong.

and don't they get the fans of the league team to go to the union and vice versa when the other team isn't playing or is in the off season.

But if Quins get promoted will they still be linked?

Maybe problems with injuries will get worse, because the Quins players will play almost every game for instance and then they might be called up for the Broncos.

Leeds didn't seem to falter but, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I just like the sound of it. I think each club should on it's own ownership and team-wise.

if Northampton Football club shared Franklins Gardens with us, then I would seriousley think about not going down as much.

well I guess it has its pros and cons for each team but I guess ultimately it means both should survive with combined resources instead of being split between the 2.

Latest posts