• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Altogether Now!!!

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
The deal is good for London, however, why couldn't they keep the Bronco's tag and they're awesome kit?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Aug 1 2005, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Aug 1 2005, 02:55 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jonwebb@Jul 31 2005, 06:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jul 29 2005, 08:09 PM
That's me going to one less game a season. I refuse to have anything to do with this, this is selling out for league as far as I'm concerned.

I hope they go bust!

This is a big blow to league. Needing to combine with a Rugby club due to Money.

100 years vs 10 years of being professional.

St Helens is right in saying this is a Sellout to League.

League really have to look at how the game is run at administration level. How can you just miss the playoffs and have money problems?

But League has had an ongoing Administration issue since the Super League war.

Very disappointing if your a League fan, especially when League has 3 teams influenced by Rugby.
Which three. [/b]
Leeds
The New French Team (UTC run by Perpignan me thinks, i read this in an article when the team was created. I will try find the article) and now the Broncos.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 4 2005, 07:02 AM
and don't they get the fans of the league team to go to the union and vice versa when the other team isn't playing or is in the off season.
They would like to think so, but inevitably it doesn't work like that. Leeds Rhinos are very successful and play in front of large crowds, whereas the Tykes appear to be generally ingored. Certainly, anyone I've heard coming back from an away match against Leeds union side has talked of how poor the ground and atmosphere are.

Originally posted by jonwebb@Aug 14 2005, 12:05 PM
Leeds
The New French Team (UTC run by Perpignan me thinks, i read this in an article when the team was created.  I will try find the article) and now the Broncos.
I don't think that Leeds Rugby League get much benifit at all from the Leeds Tykes.
As far as I know UTC are being backed by Super League, not any Union factors.
I'll give you the Bronco's. However, when you think about it, the Bronco's are the larger team of the 2. Top 6 Super League side, whereas Harlequins are to be playing second division Rugby this year.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Aug 15 2005, 03:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Aug 15 2005, 03:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jonwebb
@Aug 14 2005, 12:05 PM
Leeds
The New French Team (UTC run by Perpignan me thinks, i read this in an article when the team was created.  I will try find the article) and now the Broncos.
I don't think that Leeds Rugby League get much benifit at all from the Leeds Tykes.
As far as I know UTC are being backed by Super League, not any Union factors.
I'll give you the Bronco's. However, when you think about it, the Bronco's are the larger team of the 2. Top 6 Super League side, whereas Harlequins are to be playing second division Rugby this year. [/b]
Quins don't have the £3m debt though.

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 15 2005, 04:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Aug 15 2005, 04:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Aug 15 2005, 05:54 AM
And neither do London, now.
and who do they have to thank for that? [/b]
That happened not long after the start of this Season.

Latest posts