• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

American football....

I played American football for 3 years and the year i started playing rugby was the year I stopped playing American football.

Bart Scott is my new hero... Has anyone ever seen a crisper throw of a flag into the crowd?

Plus rep to anyone who can find me footage... doesn't have any on youtube.

american football is good sports with lots of contacts and the new orleans patriots are in the way of the superbowl

<div class='quotemain'>
american football is good sports with lots of contacts and the new orleans patriots are in the way of the superbowl
[/b]

new england
[/b][/quote]
Shows how much Non Americans actually care :p

Don't feed the "Ten Post and Out" Spambot people's.

If I still had banstick powers...

Tell me you guys have seen the Reebok commercials that have been aired in America.
I believe it's to promote the NFL Dream Team game, but they're really entertaining ads.
I can't accept some of them to be true, like this one: -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoYbevFvWg8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoYbevFvWg8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

But then, there are some like this this that are awesome: -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYeQbcSQ8CU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYeQbcSQ8CU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Check out all the related videos on youtube to see a few more great ones (some hard to believe that they are not rigged in some way.)

Pick me!

The NFL is.... a symbol of so many of the things wrong with America
[/b]

Yes, the athletes are hardly role models are they. Past superstars up for murder (OJ), drug possession (Michael Irvin), gang shootings (Darrent Williams) and illegal dog fightings (Michael Vick). Then there's others like Ray Lewis who was up for murder, Sean Taylor (RIP) for spitting at Michael Pittman during a game....

Hardly the the types of players you want as role models, and these are all superstars of the game.

My favourite part was the South African taking a dig at American Society... as he was typing that his father was probably being knifed in the street, his house was being broken into and his car was about to be found burnt out and missing it's tyres.

Majority of American football fans I know only watch the sport for betting on their fantasy teams since they wish so badly they could've been professionals. I hardly know one 'fan' that just enjoys the sport for what it is, which shows how little of interest it truly has. I just find it to be incredibly slow and uninteresting.

[/b]

haha
got that one right

Im not attacking the american culture
I live here (not from here though)
and I often get called a "fag" because I play rugby and not american football...
I find them quite ignorant to be honest
well the ones ive met Im not takin a stab at any americans in the forum honestly

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

haha
got that one right

Im not attacking the american culture
I live here (not from here though)
and I often get called a "fag" because I play rugby and not american football...
I find them quite ignorant to be honest
well the ones ive met Im not takin a stab at any americans in the forum honestly
[/b][/quote]

Seriously? Lol, that's priceless.... an American football player calling a rugby player a fag. I don't understand how that works, I suppose they don't have much exposure to the game so they ultimately assume it's a poncy sport as most of them really can't see beyond their own border.

American football, known in the United States simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing complex strategy with intense physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the pointed-oval shaped ball into the opposing team's end zone.

American football, known in the United States simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing complex strategy with intense physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the pointed-oval shaped ball into the opposing team's end zone.

American football, known in the United States simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing complex strategy with intense physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the pointed-oval shaped ball into the opposing team's end zone. [/b]
Thank you so so much for both enlightening me on the finer points of "American football" and overall making my life such a better experience to live through.

American football, known in the United States simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing complex strategy with intense physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the pointed-oval shaped ball into the opposing team's end zone. [/b]

In all seriousness, I think that should be 'Tactics', not strategy.

Latest posts