• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Cup Semi Final: Munster vs Harlequins

By the way the odds in the box above are wrong. 1.2 in betfair etc is the amount you get back so take away 1 and its really 0.2. So Munster are about 1/5 although if you're offering 6/5 I'll gladly take it! :D

1.2 = times the amount you put on by 1.2 so if you put on 1 you take away your original 1 and the 0.2 profit

It's the same

In a word........no :p

Still odd choice, imo
ROG too flaky for captaincy, and mouths off at the ref a lot (then again so does POC so keeping with tradition ;) )

But when Munster won Competition in 2008 ROG was more captain than Paulie.
And has always been vice captain so like I understand if ye have personal opinions but can't see how it flaky or unusual as he's captained Munster alot. Even took over when Paulie went off against Leinster and led by example.
And I know ye slate Paulie for been a captain always in refs ear but sure it way Martin Johnson was and many other greats and if it works why stop

I use the quotations from Bwin and Olyy explains it perfectly ;)

The 1.2 is including your bet. You bet 1, you win 0.2 and end up with 1.2

When you win a bet, you get your stake back PLUS the odds. So a 500 bet on 0.5 would return 750, a 100 bet on 1.2 would return 220.

Or at least that's how it should work (and does in real bookies).

This is how it is on Ladbrokes/Bet365 on their "decimal" system, anyhow - think it's how they do it in America and it's becoming more common here now as well

I see your point but the Vbookie app is made in a way that the win includes the stake.

15 Mike Brown
14 Gonzalo Camacho
13 George Lowe
12 Jordan Turner-Hall
11 Ugo Monye
10 Nick Evans
9 Danny Care
1 Joe Marler
2 Joe Gray
3 James Johnston
4 Ollie Kohn
5 George Robson
6 Maurie Fa'asavalu
7 Chris Robshaw (c)
8 Nick Easter
Replacements
16 Matt Cairns
17 Ceri Jones
18 Mark Lambert
19 Tomas Vallejos
20 Will Skinner
21 Dave Moore
22 Rory Clegg
23 Ross Chisholm

Good team. Can see Turner-Hall running causing problems with for Warwick and ROG. But I'm sure Munster will be ready. Good team that.

1.2 = times the amount you put on by 1.2 so if you put on 1 you take away your original 1 and the 0.2 profit

It's the same

Yes the 1.2 is correct but it says the Munster odds are 6/5f. That should be 1/5.

6/5 = put on £5 get £6 back,
6 divided by 5 = 1.2

1.2/1 = put on £1 get £1.20 back = what it says above

That's my understanding of it anyway, I'm not a big gambler so don't really get odds

The odds I got from Bwin are:

Munster: 1.13
Draw: 23
Harlequins 5.50

With the 6/5 setting, I got Munster to 1.20

6/5 = put on £5 get £6 back,
6 divided by 5 = 1.2

1.2/1 = put on £1 get £1.20 back = what it says above

That's my understanding of it anyway, I'm not a big gambler so don't really get odds

In the bookies 6/5 means the odds are divided by 5 and multiplied by 6. It shows the winnings and not how much you get back.

So for a bet of 100 @ 6/5 you would win 120 and get back 220 in total (winnings and stake).

Then betfair came along and used decimals and added in the stake as well as winnings into the price. I'd like betfair to show the price only and not how much you get back. They copied that way of doing things from America and its designed to make the price look bigger.

It can be confusing for people who don't bet. I get what those figures mean now.

Glad to see Tony McGahan reward form and go with Felix Jones and Conor Murray again. He's doing a terrific, underrated job of revamping an ageing Munster side. The Munster coach ships an insane amount of stupid criticism of his coaching tenure. All he's done is win a Magners League, make two Heineken Cup semi finals, a Magners League semi final, an Amlin Cup semi (at least) and top the Magners League table in 3 years in charge!

I fancy Munster to win easily. 26-10 or so.

Glad to see Tony McGahan reward form and go with Felix Jones and Conor Murray again. He's doing a terrific, underrated job of revamping an ageing Munster side. The Munster coach ships an insane amount of stupid criticism of his coaching tenure. All he's done is win a Magners League, make two Heineken Cup semi finals, a Magners League semi final, an Amlin Cup semi (at least) and top the Magners League table in 3 years in charge!

I fancy Munster to win easily. 26-10 or so.

Agreed, he gets vicous abuse on the Munster Fans forum.

Not his fault he inherited a squad of pensioners. Now he has Earls & Jones flying. Murray coming along strong. Sherry, O'Donnell, Archer & Nagle getting a good chunk of experience.

His record hasn't been bad but MunsterFans seem to expect Semifinals of the Heineken Cup every year. It's bloody tough to even get second place with teh Ospreys, LI and Toulon all in your group and Laurie Fisher on the coaching staff....

Snoop I agree with you and Monkey 100% and well future looks alot better now than 18/24 months ago.
I'll ask question though with knowledge. I work as physio with Munster as I've said before. I was working on Tomas for week and he could've been right for Saturday and Paulie is a bigger risk so I ask how can we have a 3rd choice 9 for province at moment possibly be a starter in World Cup. I'd test Muurray in warm ups in August with view of him going as part of squad if form continues

*thud*

That'll be Munster comming crashing down to earth.

I typed a post but deleted by accident. Munster were horrible in the first half. Harlequins deserved to win. Poite was fair. Onwards to next season In guess.

p.s Robshaw sould be starting for England. Immense.

Absolutely Immense performance by Harlequins. They did everything right. They attacked with intent and accuracy. They tactically kicked well and they defended with their hearts.

But the main factors to Harlequins success were that they BELIEVED and showed NO FEAR.

Absolutely Immense performance by Harlequins. They did everything right. They attacked with intent and accuracy. They tactically kicked well and they defended with their hearts.

But the main factors to Harlequins success were that they BELIEVED and showed NO FEAR.

Not to mention the faulty Tony M plan of lets run it from the 22 and if that fails then there's no plan B.

Latest posts