• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An Advertising Video

M

Mr. Laxative

Guys,

I've just had an idea, that could well atract more members to this site. Well, we all know that Youtube is a great site to get exposure. Why don't we make an advertising video, showing parts of the forum, how to use the forum and the affiliate program.

A voice over intro from Dan and Charlie would just make it seem even more polished and possibly even the chance of a backing track from my pending Popboomerang deal! This could only be a good thing.

I of course, will be advertising the forum in my podcast and I'm sure Rhys will as well. Also, as part of the deal we will get exposure on the Popboomerang site, while we'd have to reciprocate.

Exciting times...

I'd recommend using clips of rugby matches in between 'site navigation' shots to make it a bit more exciting...

Sounds a bit like the videos I made a while ago. You don't really need shots of site navigation though, just rugby clips with the site address splashed about seems to do the job.

I wasn't suggesting shots of site navigation... that just seemed to be the original idea "Showing parts of the forum".

I reckon an occasional screen grab could work well as this is a nicely laid out forum, and you need to have an indication of the sections available too (plus that would let you use more keywords e.g. "Tri-Nations" and thus get more traffic).

I'll have a look at something if I get a chance tonight. I havn't done a video in a while so I really should be getting back into it.

Half naked women always sell things well.

But, it does sound like a good idea!

Half naked women always sell things well.
[/b]

Although it's tough for them to get jobs in more mainstream retailers...

...oh, you mean half naked women in the adverts...

Ah. That could well cause a problem although there are ways you can download off youtube.

I'm liking these ideas here. Is anyone actually getting on with them or what?

When I made this topic, I thought it best to show the parts of the forum and demonstrate how easy it is to use. But, just that would be boring! We do need clips of rugby matches, we need music (I might be able to find something suitable from Popboomerang), and half-naked woman! I'm thinking right in the middle of themovie we show that pic of half naked woman doing the haka - but only for half a second!

Also, I reckon it'd be absolutely essential to get a voiceover intro by Dan and Charlie at the start, but if they don't have exciting voices I'm sure we can find someone else!

Latest posts