An Advertising Video

Discussion in 'Site News & Suggestions' started by Mr. Laxative, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Guys,

I've just had an idea, that could well atract more members to this site. Well, we all know that Youtube is a great site to get exposure. Why don't we make an advertising video, showing parts of the forum, how to use the forum and the affiliate program.

A voice over intro from Dan and Charlie would just make it seem even more polished and possibly even the chance of a backing track from my pending Popboomerang deal! This could only be a good thing.

I of course, will be advertising the forum in my podcast and I'm sure Rhys will as well. Also, as part of the deal we will get exposure on the Popboomerang site, while we'd have to reciprocate.

Exciting times...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

What a great idea!

4. toup

toup Guest

I'd recommend using clips of rugby matches in between 'site navigation' shots to make it a bit more exciting...

5. Sounds a bit like the videos I made a while ago. You don't really need shots of site navigation though, just rugby clips with the site address splashed about seems to do the job.

6. toup

toup Guest

I wasn't suggesting shots of site navigation... that just seemed to be the original idea "Showing parts of the forum".

I reckon an occasional screen grab could work well as this is a nicely laid out forum, and you need to have an indication of the sections available too (plus that would let you use more keywords e.g. "Tri-Nations" and thus get more traffic).

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I'll have a look at something if I get a chance tonight. I havn't done a video in a while so I really should be getting back into it.

8. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Half naked women always sell things well.

But, it does sound like a good idea!

9. toup

toup Guest

Although it's tough for them to get jobs in more mainstream retailers...

...oh, you mean half naked women in the adverts...

10. woosaah

woosaah Guest

cheerleaders, from super14 games etc, good idea o_O

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Cheers!

12. Great idea.

But just stick to rugby. Both codes too, please.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Where the hell do I find some decent RL videos?

14. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Damn I wanted Naked Women..... WAIT I DEMAND NAKED WOMEN!!!

15. There are some good ones on YouTube supposedly.

16. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

No good if I want to splice a video together

17. Ah. That could well cause a problem although there are ways you can download off youtube.

18. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Are there???? Wish I knew how... :(

19. Type "download youtube" into google and click on one of the top links. :)

20. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

I'm liking these ideas here. Is anyone actually getting on with them or what?

When I made this topic, I thought it best to show the parts of the forum and demonstrate how easy it is to use. But, just that would be boring! We do need clips of rugby matches, we need music (I might be able to find something suitable from Popboomerang), and half-naked woman! I'm thinking right in the middle of themovie we show that pic of half naked woman doing the haka - but only for half a second!

Also, I reckon it'd be absolutely essential to get a voiceover intro by Dan and Charlie at the start, but if they don't have exciting voices I'm sure we can find someone else!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!