• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Analysis?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Evening, friends! Just over 12 hours until Scotland begins their shocking beat-down of the Irish side... ;)

Serious question, though. When I watch the NFL, after games I like to seek out expert analysis to help explain what I just watched.

I subscribe to like 10 rugby podcasts, but, while they're fun and interesting and sometimes insightful, they can't really break down plays without video. So my question is, where should I go to get play-by-plays and breakdown analysis? Is there a YouTube channel or something? A website? I assume 'BT Sport' has stuff, but that's not available in the US, and even the BBC has locked down their video access outside the UK (thanks SO much!)

Thanks as always, Go Scotland, Go France, Go Italy! (Perpetual underdog supporter)

Btw, for any of you who missed, fell asleep, or were generally baffled by this latest Super Bowl (win by my beloved Pats), this isn't analysis, but it sure helps explain the flow of the game and gives some real player-vantage insights...

the rest of the world hasn't ruined the fun of watching sport with endless hours of "analysis" or "sabremetrics". don't get me wrong i think statistics are important for those on the inside but i would just try to enjoy the sport as a fan.

if you want someone who does it in a fun way check out squidge rugby, it's 50% comedy 50% rugby insight

Evening, friends! Just over 12 hours until Scotland begins their shocking beat-down of the Irish side... ;)

Serious question, though. When I watch the NFL, after games I like to seek out expert analysis to help explain what I just watched.

I subscribe to like 10 rugby podcasts, but, while they're fun and interesting and sometimes insightful, they can't really break down plays without video. So my question is, where should I go to get play-by-plays and breakdown analysis? Is there a YouTube channel or something? A website? I assume 'BT Sport' has stuff, but that's not available in the US, and even the BBC has locked down their video access outside the UK (thanks SO much!)

Thanks as always, Go Scotland, Go France, Go Italy! (Perpetual underdog supporter)

The 10 14 Rugby channel on YouTube is very insightful but they've become so successful in New Zealand that Sky Sports New Zealand have snapped them up and they don't do as much on YouTube as they used too.

Squidge Rugby (also on YouTube) is surprisingly insightful considering the amount of humour he crams in each episode.

... and as a Welsh man I tune into scrum v every Sunday (it's obligatory), it's very Welsh centric but does cover all the games including some coverage of the women's and under 20's. It normally has at least 1 non Welsh pundit to provide some balance and an ex coach of the Ospreys (Sean Holley) does a section of video analysis. You can prob view it on the BBC rugby website, select Welsh Rugby, then it'll probably be on that page somewhere.

Here;)

If you look at the 42 website Murray Kinsella usually does very in-depth analysis articles, with gifs and videos. They are very Irish focused but during the 6N there's usually a bit about the opponent.

Green and gold rugby usually have a lot of analysis about Australian rugby as well.

Check out anything written by Charlie Morgan (Rugby world and The Telegraph), does some really good analysis full of GIFs.

The1014 are good as well.

You'll learn tonnes from both of those

Last edited:

Latest posts