• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

And now it begins...

Why do you always feel the need to disregard Australia's(and no one elses) chances of winning the world cup?

If Australias so shite then i guess all the teams ranked below us should just not bother turning up next year right? lets just just have a match between the AB's and France and be done with it :rolleyes: .

We're use to this crap, we hear the same old stuff around this time every WC ,usually from the Kiwis ... and what happens?....exactly.

The WC is never a foregone conclusion, so save your tired old rants about Australia and focus on your own shower of shite.

Teams like England (twice in 2003), New Zealand (er 2004, 5 and 6), Wales (2005,6) and Ireland (2006) made Australia look quite ordinary once they exposed their running game and adjusted accordingly.[/b]

It's this kind of rubish im talking about.

You could also say that Australia has exposed England(twice in 2004,twice in 2006),NZ (once in 2003,once in 2004),Wales(2004,2006), Ireland(2003,2004,2005,2006),SA(2006),France(once in 2005).... but it's just all crap.... you win some,you lose some.

Why do you always feel the need to disregard Australia's(and no one elses) chances of winning the world cup?[/b]

Rubbish. I've disregarded most team's chances of winning the world cup. I'm only really expecting New Zealand, Ireland (and possibly France) of performing. England will have to perform miracles, South Africa something similar and Australia will get knocked out of the World Cup.

In short Truth, name the threads where I have said "I think everyone (bar Australia) has a chance of winning the world cup."

If Australias so shite then i guess all the teams ranked below us should just not bother turning up next year right? lets just just have a match between the AB's and France and be done with it :rolleyes: .[/b]

Aw rubbish, if you are willing to just hide behind rankings rather than acknowledge that some sides under you blatantly better than you and are performing consistently better than you then that really is a shame. I recognise how good Ireland are now, its time you did too.

We're use to this crap, we hear the same old stuff around this time every WC ,usually from the Kiwis ... and what happens?....exactly. The WC is never a foregone conclusion, so save your tired old rants about Australia and focus on your own shower of shite.[/b]

Really? In 1995 you didn't even make the final and in 2003 you were roundly beaten by a (formerly, not anymore I stress) excellent England team.

The key was back then was that you had a developing squad, you had new talented players coming in, you wern't relying on an increasingly old guard like you are now.

And, quite frankly, mate, I'll speak my mind on what I see is wrong on any team. Its a free country and I welcome banter on my own team because quite frankly, my own team stinks and so does yours.

I seem to have hit a nerve there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("The(so called)Truth")</div>
Teams like England (twice in 2003), New Zealand (er 2004, 5 and 6), Wales (2005,6) and Ireland (2006) made Australia look quite ordinary once they exposed their running game and adjusted accordingly.[/b]

It's this kind of rubish im talking about.

You could also say that Australia has exposed England(twice in 2004,twice in 2006),NZ (once in 2003,once in 2004),Wales(2004,2006), Ireland(2003,2004,2005,2006),SA(2006),France(once in 2005).... but it's just all crap.... you win some,you lose some.
[/b]

But it isn't crap. You could say those statistics about England and in fact I have, the rest of my follow England fans have as well. Thats because we're identifying a sustained period of decline here.

The REAL crap is this "win some, lose some" ********.

People talk about a team "just needing one win in a WC to spark form" but how the bloody hell can you do that when you've lose eight games in your last nine, you don't have a head coach, morale is at rock bottom and you're losing half of your back room staff due to cynical cost cutting, thus entrenching that rock bottom morale?!

Yes, results count. But you can't get those f***ing results if your team is having more problems, blunders and faults than a Multiplex building project!

Now, I don't know if it because of some form of misplaced pride here, but quite frankly mate if you can't take stick, you shouldn't give stick. :D

As I've said before, I'm perfectly happy for people to slag off England because I know they deserve it because quite frankly, they haven't performed. They've insulted other teams by being so awful and handing easy wins.

Anyway, I think we've said all that needs to be said here. Any other response to anything that follows this post would be akin to arguing with a brick wall.

the scrum is what defines rugby. whats a free kick and a penalty, quite confused. why sometimes the guy just taps the ball and crshes off, other times they kick into touch, and the last one is kick at goal

a free kick does not give you the line out if you kick directly to touch. I don't know if you can still take a penatly goal, but generally I think players take on a quick tap. a full penalty gives you possession at the throw in when you kick for touch.

A free-kick is a "short arm" or "bent arm" penalty, usually given out for minor offences at the line-out or scrum (e. not putting the ball in straight). You have three options from a free-kick, they are: scrum, quick tap or kick to touch. If you decide to kick to touch you will not retain the ball at the line-out and if you kick it out on the full, the play will come back to where the you kicked the ball (unless you are inside your 22).

A penalty is for more major offences, such as foul or dangerous play (eg. taking a player out in the air, collapsing a scrum, high tackle, etc). Also, penalties will be given for backchat and obstructions. The options are: Place kick, quick tap, touch kick or scrum. When kicking to touch you will retain the line-out and you can kick it out where ever you are on the field.

A penalty or free kick can be reversed by the referee if an offence has been committed after the first, by a member of the opposing team. This will not always happen and it depends purely on the seriousness of the offence.

A penalty try is awared only when a try wss DEFINATELY going to be scored had the offence not been committed.

Latest posts