• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ankle support for recovering achilles

B

brokenbodies

Over the summer (very end of July), I partially tore my achilles tendon on a bicycle chain. Right now, I am able to jog, but not at all run anywhere near the speed I was able to before. With the first practice of the season coming up in a month, I am hoping that I can return to the pitch by then and if I do, I'm thinking about wearing some sort of ankle support. Does anyone have any experience with the CCC IonX Neo-X Laced Ankle Support/ any positive or negative testimonials with any other ankle supports? It would really help if I could get some opinions here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brokenbodies @ Jan 9 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Over the summer (very end of July), I partially tore my achilles tendon on a bicycle chain. Right now, I am able to jog, but not at all run anywhere near the speed I was able to before. With the first practice of the season coming up in a month, I am hoping that I can return to the pitch by then and if I do, I'm thinking about wearing some sort of ankle support. Does anyone have any experience with the CCC IonX Neo-X Laced Ankle Support/ any positive or negative testimonials with any other ankle supports? It would really help if I could get some opinions here.[/b]
With something as serious as an achilles injury I'd be reluctant to take advice off anyone who wasn't a physio to be honest. It's an injury you wouldn't want to take any chance on. I know one or two so I'll ask them the next time I see them.

Latest posts