• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Reviews: Rugby League Live

This game don't seem to make me want it for some reason. I've seen some gameplay footage on YouTube and it looks quite poor and the commentary is shocking. Not a biggy though as you can turn that off. From what I've seen though is far from impressive in anyway. I suppose it would be different having the game at hand...

I'll have to continue to play Rugby 08 with the mods from here (which are EXCELLENT!) and wait till Rugby 2011

It doesn't look to crash hot, but the consensus among all the real League fans is that it's one of the best Rugby League or Union games to have been released in terms of playability and realism.

It is, really, its only really about just under half way there in terms of most peoples real expectations but what it does it does fairly well despite it being basically a Rugby League Lite of sorts...it lays a decent foundation to work off. I just hope people give it a fair crack before dismissing it because it plays a decent game of Footy with the right feel but just lacks a bit more polish and features that would have made it even more special. Lets hope certain things are addressed and RLL2 has a bit more of what we at least expected this time, next time and a bit more.

Got to say im really enjoying the game, im not a fan of the defensive controls, but I love the sick angles you can run when in attack.

well i really wish i could comment on the game, but I have yet to receive my copy from Play.com. Ordered last friday (due to huge F'up with Game Cardiff) but still aint received it :( :( :( I hope i get it 2morro before i go home for the weekend :( :( If i do, i'm taking my ps3 back home with me to make up for lost time. Been playing RL3 (Wii) and RLC (PSP), so my expectations aren't massive - especially seeing as RLC is the basic of basics. Fingers crossed ! :D

Got to say im really enjoying the game, im not a fan of the defensive controls, but I love the sick angles you can run when in attack.

What about the defensive controls don't you like?

well i really wish i could comment on the game, but I have yet to receive my copy from Play.com. Ordered last friday (due to huge F'up with Game Cardiff) but still aint received it :( :( :( I hope i get it 2morro before i go home for the weekend :( :( If i do, i'm taking my ps3 back home with me to make up for lost time. Been playing RL3 (Wii) and RLC (PSP), so my expectations aren't massive - especially seeing as RLC is the basic of basics. Fingers crossed ! :D

I'm starting to feel really sorry for you - if you get it and don't like it you're going to hate my guts!

its almost a full 20 days since i ordered from Play.com and still no copy of the game has shown up at my door. My housemate ordered GT 5 2 days ago, and its now here. Never ever ever ever am i using play.com again :( :( The news of both RUGBY 2012 and RUGBY CHALLENGE has kept me sane (through my troublesome time of uni work + no game ) :( Hope everyones enjoying it... by the time i actually get it, u'll all probs be bored, so just me and Super League with the crusaders it'll be :( ahahaha

Can't you cancel the order and get it from Game or Amazon or something?
I'm sure if you said you've been waiting for almost three weeks they'll cancel it

well after the initial 2 month delay over in the uk, and a number of f!!k ups by retailers in wales, Ive actually got the game. Currently just finished my first game and I must say its been worth the wait. Ahead on rugby league 3 on realism, and tbh i really dont find the graphics that bad (that seems to be one of the main talking points). I can't comment too much on the gameplay itself due to only having one match on easy - getting used to the controls. I do feel the game was incredibly rushed tho, just simple little things could have been touched up. e.g Jarrod Sammut in game is with the crusaders (correct) but in the manual (screenshot on how to select a team or somin) he's with Penrith Panthers - just little things like that show how rushed the game was. Hope that Rugby Challenge isn't the same (and yes i know RC is SIDHE and RLL is Big ANT but i'm sure HES had something to do with its "rushedness"). Congrats to Big ant to what seems so far a very solid replica of the sport (the best so far in terms of Controllability).
Gonna get a few games in before uni :D :D

tell me about it.... gotta admit so far its been worth the wait :D :D :D
Cant wait to win the super league with the crusaders. Only had 3 games so far (in uni atm) so i'm still on easy. Gimmie a few hours and i'll get online and get my arse served on a plate :p

tell me about it.... gotta admit so far its been worth the wait :D :D :D
Cant wait to win the super league with the crusaders. Only had 3 games so far (in uni atm) so i'm still on easy. Gimmie a few hours and i'll get online and get my arse served on a plate :p

Watch out for the jump to Medium, its still taken me a while to get use to it.

well i've played this game a fair few times now (not seeing my gf tonight to make up for lost time :p) and i've finally moved up to medium. Now at easy i racked 50 points as the crusaders against St Helens (sorry Sainty). Now i've moved up to medium (still playing as the crusaders) and my oh my has that been a hard jump (especially playing as CRL). Played 3 games on medium so far and haven't lost but only won 1 of them, which was against Scotland as the above, and that was only 3 tries to 1. slowly playing against better teams and so far got very stuck playing teams on par as mine (as in i cant quite get over the line- defence really tightens when within 5m or so). Really have to start playing tactics, being a predominantly union boy so far mine aren't working (thrown a few intercepts).
Also, cpu throw a load of offloads (even with the lower rated teams), so defence gotta be tip top. Still tho, a really bloody addictive game to play and I will persist , and will soon brave it and go online :D Be gentle :D

I was thinking whether to get this game. I'm don't mind 'poor' graphics, but it looks ok from the vids i've seen on youtube. It looks like it plays fairly well.. i suppose RL is an easier game to code than RU, and i think the game may reflect that.

I quite like RL, and it's good that the teams in the game are licensed. Can you edit players in the game? Like if you spot a mistake, can it be changed in-game?

I'm not up on my Sidhe games unfortunately, but as you guys know i am a patcher and if there was any patching resources for RL2 or RL3 that would interest me.

Or i could just get the xbox360 and come play RLL.

Honestly, is this game worth buying/playing?

No editing.

It's the best rugby game I've played since JLR. It's got it's flaws, make no mistake, but I think it's quality.

Totally agree with St Helens, defo a quality game... has its flaws indeed (rosters, animations and 1 massive bug with injuries - anyone encountered the game going skitz when u get an injury?). Possibly the best rugby game to date, but its defo one to learn the game. I'm an union guy, and so far trying to spread the ball to your winger does not work (normally gets intercepted). 1 good thing is that theres a distinct difference playing as a good team and bad team. I'm a crusaders guy (gotta support the only welsh side) and its bloody solid trying to score (playing as better sides really help). Defo worth a look tho if your a rugby gamer Faatau82 (which you are of course). Quite a few bugs, but defo IMO the best we got for now :D

You need to build up to going out wide, which I reckon is quite realistic. If you try and throw a 45 yard cut out pass to the wing it will get intercepted because the defensive line naturally moves up.

For me, RL is the more exciting game, though it either goes down the extravaganza route, which is when both teams are not playing too much defence and everyone appears to Benji Marshall, or it just gets very dull indeed if both teams aren't going to take a slight risk as they take their 5 tackles and boot it into nothingness.

Personally, i prefer RL as a game. Amazingly, i started playing it at school before Union, and i know which i prefer..

Just seen this thread and was wondering if anybody would be interested in getting a tournament together after christmas or that ? I plan to get this game on Christmas

Latest posts