• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anthony Tuitavake

J

jake the mus

on the wing for good? i thought he was outstanding and with more experience could break into the all black mould for the world cup? some one prove me wrong..?!

If he keeps perfoming week in week out to attract Henry's attention, then maybe Yes.

But he has to improve his defence. It's his only weak point.

good point, maybe thats why hes better off on the wing? less defence more attack..hes been over looked for years and even told the press if henry wont give him a chance hel take the money and head up north. im hoping that this year will be his year.

I think that's another reason as well why Henry's not even taking a peek at him. You DONT threaten the national coach.

Besides, even if he does go overseas, it's not like he's the only one left. There are plenty others coming up the ranks and Richard Kahui of the Chiefs is an example.

Upcoming Wingers:
David Smith
Vili Waqaseduadua
Rudi Wulf
George Pisi
Lucky Mulipola
Scott Hamilton - (he's still young)
Hosea Gear
Cory Jane

Upcoming Centres:
Isaia Toeava
Richard Kahui
Tamati Ellison
Niva Ta'auso
Ben Atiga

We dont lose much with his threat.

Upcoming Wingers:
David Smith
Vili Waqaseduadua
Rudi Wulf
George Pisi
Lucky Mulipola

Hosea Gear
Cory Jane

Upcoming Centres:
Isaia Toeava
Richard Kahui
Tamati Ellison

Niva Ta'auso
Ben Atiga

the highligted players are DEFINATLY the future for our backline. Id love to see a blue back three with Smith at 11, Pisi at 14 and Ice at 15.

Upcoming Wingers:
David Smith
Vili Waqaseduadua
Rudi Wulf
George Pisi
Lucky Mulipola

Hosea Gear
Cory Jane

Upcoming Centres:
Isaia Toeava
Richard Kahui
Tamati Ellison

Niva Ta'auso
Ben Atiga

the highligted players are DEFINATLY the future for our backline. Id love to see a blue back three with Smith at 11, Pisi at 14 and Ice at 15.
[/b]

Well you better be ready to wait awhile - aren't both Sivivatu and Rocokoko both younger than 25?

the entire ab team is fairly young. most of them are 25 or under just a few a bit older than that.

tuitavke is a chance but he will have to play well all season as there a few ahead of him at the moment. and as the saying goes it's harder to get out of the all blacks than to get into it. the incumbents pretty much have a mortgage on their spots until a coach decides to give them the flick.

we wont be losing much???...i have never seen a more destructive elusive attacker at 13 since umaga switched to that jersey almost 5 years ago...

nonu is compete garbage...honestly..how many years now???..4..and hes been to up his defence and when he does that he drops his attack...i honestly believe if he lost a bit of weight he would be a better winger for the ab's then centre...but with that in mind we got loads of wingers coming off the boats from the islands lol..

to be quite honest...kahui needs alot more then what he has now to cut it in the allblacks...his defensive reading is shocking..and when he adjust to make the right move he makes bad tackles...he is centre..you break a midfield in the allblacks you can count on making 20-30yards closer to the tryline..give kahui time

tuitevake on the other hand?...yes he needs time too..and yes he has been waiting for some 2years now that hes played consistantly well for the blues and harbour..BUT i dont think this year is HIS year

hey graham henry is leaving after this year...and either smith or hansen will take charge and im thinking that if smith gets that role..tuitevake will get his season with the allblacks...coz smith loves those elusive backs

Yea dont expect too many Changes I think since Henry has been in charge it was to build a strong 33 or 35 players for the World Cup. If a Player wasnt in the picture during Henry's time, especially last yr Dont expect to see them this yr. Tuitavake will no Doubt be an All Black sooner or later...Possibly next yr. As for Wingers I think Henry is looking at the usual 4 Howlett, Rokocoko, Gear, and Sivivatu.

Sorry to be a blues guys, but I got to comment on this topic, this guy is my boy, I went to Massey High school & played with Ants. There is not many guys that work as hard as he does on there game or weaknesses. He was never that elusive, never ran great lines & his defence has improved immensely and will keep on improving. The thing is with our (NZ) crop of wingers it's always going to be hard to crack it, but his consistency and versatility must count for something. The scary thing is his best is yet to come.

p.s. It's a shame he plays for the Blues, he would look better in a Red uniform... :lol:

I'll tell him he's getting a bit of support from the real rugby fans.... TRF Crew

<div class='quotemain'>

p.s. It's a shame he plays for the Blues, he would look better in a Red uniform... :lol:

[/b]

What, play for Queensland???

F.uck off.
[/b][/quote]

F the Reds I meant Crusaders !!

i never thought of tuituvake of a great winger. i've only seen him perform at 2nd five/13, any videos to show me of him at wing?would be nice to see him rewarded by given the lak jersey, but i just cant see him there.

go to hell ickon, tuituvake looks good in blue. though it has been proven that teams in red perform better as red intimidates the opponents and sort of psyches up the players wearing them.

Damn Blues Fans, I seem to be out numbered every where I go, at home, work and the Pub & now on the TRF forum... You's are like a bad smell, I can't get away from it ! :lol:

P.s. I'll give you's one thing, you's have the best record out of all the other Super14 clubs against us. :wah:

and i'll give you that! this year, te crusaders will havealot of ground to make up when their Abs return

Couldn't really find any games with him on the wing( can't say I tried that hard though! I'll see if I can dig up one of his North Harbour games). Just go to this link, but it's only a review of the weekends game though.

http://video2.foxsports.com.au/video.php?cat=800

and i'll give you that! this year, te crusaders will havealot of ground to make up when their Abs return
[/b]

I just hope it's not too much ground, athough I like the look of Stephen Brett.

well he did play good for the highlanders that one season...and yeah auckland is full of flamboyant players that all have that flair imbedded in them...and yes he is hardworking...i do not know what your defense is too...it will be hard for him to make the allblacks this year and thats final!...why?..because it is world cup year and henry has intrusted his faith in the players he has had over that period of time spanning back to his take over...nonu,smith,muliaina have been his prefered midfielders for sometime..that 12 jersey is pretty much coverd and those wings are bloated with talent(we still got waqeseduadua,david smith,jane that havent even worn the ab's jerseys yet)...

his hardwork has to count for something right???..ofcourse it should i to believe he shouldve been in the ab's 2years ago on that northern tour but he didnt make it and the fact is it will be hard to put him in that centre frame with the ab's now seeing that this is the year that henry has been building up to...his vehicle is ready..his passengers are use to the rides he gives them..so there is no point in him picking up a kid for that ride that keeps asking "are we there yet?"...

tuitevake needs for 3 things to happen:
1- a change of heart from henry
2- a superb super14 season
3- and injuries to a host of experienced test level players

i hope i am wrong i am one of his biggest fans..and i hope he does not waste his talent over in that borefest in europe they call rugby..for real all he has to do is wait abit longer and continue his great work...

hey..bunce made his debut for the allblacks when he was 30 something..he played 40 odd test matches and is considered one of the best centres in the world ever!!!....there is hope still

i hope i am wrong i am one of his biggest fans..and i hope he does not waste his talent over in that borefest in europe they call rugby..for real all he has to do is wait abit longer and continue his great work...

[/b]

Yeah I agree! (I like Six Nations Rugby, Internationals though). So many players just give up and take the money, that's why I give props to guys like Holah, Who even though he's played second fiddle to McCaw, is still willing to grind it out. That's what I call passion.

Good old Bunce, he was even in the Samoan Team too...

yeah and the point we should raise is that players who can play 12 13 and wing at the top level are worth having in a world cup squad. For any of you guys who havent had the chance to see tuitavake hes got foot work that can hypnotise. really like him as a player and wish we could all see him in the black jersey for once. look around the net..if you can check out the footage of him playing 11 V the crusaders last saturady the toeva try he set up was brilliant and also rudi wulfs.
mark

by the way he would **** on the face of mauger. haha

Latest posts