• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any new information

J

jinxed_nz

Any new information Ian?? we have been left here wondering a bit. as you can see we have been talking a bit about your publishers, Acclaim! haha
<
I suppose it's not really a laughing matter.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Sep 7 2004, 08:28 PM
Any new information Ian?? we have been left here wondering a bit. as you can see we have been talking a bit about your publishers, Acclaim! haha
<
I suppose it's not really a lafing matter.
But your spelling is..
<

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Sep 7 2004, 08:28 PM
<
I suppose it's not really a laughing matter.
I don't mean to be rude, but could I just ask what you think is so funny about Acclaim going under?
<

didnt you read my post? i said " I suppose it's not really a laughing matter." So I dont really but what else can you do except laugh at the situation. Sorry if i offened you locksley.

Its not really the best way to post a new topic!

You say it not really a laughing matter, but why say it in the first place if it may offened anyone??

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Sep 7 2004, 09:31 PM
didnt you read my post? i said " I suppose it's not really a laughing matter." So I dont really but what else can you do except laugh at the situation. Sorry if i offened you locksley.
No, don't worry, you didn't offend me! It's just that Ian and Trev at Swordfish had a great relationship with Acclaim, and a lot of the people there were good people who they liked very much!

I just didn't want them to be offended, that's all!

No offence taken.

It's been a very sad time to see some close friends to the studio have to undergo Acclaim's fate.

As you can imagine there is a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment, and as soon as Trev and I have anything concrete to report we'll try and make an announcement.

Cheers

Me hugs all you guys at Acclaim
<

I'm sure you'll find a great new Publisher!!
<

Some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that as you all know Acclaim have gone bust. We're searching for a new publishing partner and have lots of interest, but nothing is certain until the ink is on the contract.

We'll let you know when we find a new partner. Whether we are able to continue posting game info on here will depend on who that partner is ... some publishers control PR and info release very tightly.

The good news? ... not sure whether this is interesting but it was announced last week that we are developing a new generation Brian Lara ***le for Codemasters. We've been working on it for a while but it was only announced on Friday. We cannot give any details just yet, but it's pretty cool as we are big cricket fans too.

I'm sure Ian will keep you guys updated.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 15 2004, 09:27 AM
The good news? ... not sure whether this is interesting but it was announced last week that we are developing a new generation Brian Lara ***le for Codemasters. We've been working on it for a while but it was only announced on Friday. We cannot give any details just yet, but it's pretty cool as we are big cricket fans too.

That's great news, can't wait

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 15 2004, 09:27 AM

Oh sweet, Brian Lara/Shane Warne cricket was and still is the best cricket game.
You guys didnt work on the previous one though did yas?

Im expecting a hefty delay on WCR looking at the news

I won't be suprised if Codemasters will take you on to develop WCR2

I can honestly say that you will have no problem getting a new publisher
<

Just noticed this bit of news on the swordfish studios website:-

News

September 2004

- SWORDFISH STUDIOS WINS DEVELOP AWARD

Swordfish Studios has won the 'new UK studio' award at the annual Develop Industry Excellence awards.

more to follow...

Latest posts