• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any Questions for the Developers?

Josh1

The Sidekick
Country Flag
UK
Hey guys,

We have a link with Pro Rugby Manager 15's developers at Cyanide Studios and I wondered if there are any questions that you guys have for the developers?

Any questions that you might have feel free to post them below and I shall send them off and post the responses here for you all.

Cheers,

Josh

With the relative dominance of the Football Manager games in the field of sports management games (I can't think of a game with a comparible following) is it difficult to avoid simply emulating what the guys at Sports Interactive do?

Also, can I ask how the regen situation works?

Thanks Feicarsinn, I'll make sure to get those questions forwarded on.

The fourth screenshot seems to show an unlicensed second tier for England. Looks promising, hopefully the teams will be pretty close to what they are called, e.g just Plymouth, Rotherham, Yorkshire etc.

I mean you can't license place names can you???

How many, if any, coaches or management type people within clubs were consulted regarding various aspects of the gameplay (squad training, player signings etc)?

If I buy a CD copy, is it going to come with copyright protection that will kill my PC again?

Does each team have a unique play style ? For example do Saracens play a defensive game and Leinster go and attack at every possibility ?

- Will the game have an infinite amount of years if possible?
- In the first 2 games, regens worked for a set period of time, then started to not appear. How much has the youth system in the game improved?
- Does the game reflect the rules on Home based players in each country and each leagues rules on this?
- Will it include the NRC (Australia's new league)?
- Will there be any depth under the 2 top English leagues?

What features if any are customizable to allow for modding e.g. player profile pictures, kits, club badges etc?

Will there be unofficial Southern Hemisphere competitions like they had in Pro Rugby Manager 2005? Or will it only have the Northern Hemisphere licensed competitions?

Just a quick update to say that the developers have received your questions and the answers should be ready in the next 24 hours.

With the relative dominance of the Football Manager games in the field of sports management games (I can't think of a game with a comparible following) is it difficult to avoid simply emulating what the guys at Sports Interactive do?

Also, can I ask how the regen situation works?

Football Manager is a great game and far & away the best one football management game there is. So, I don't think that we have to avoid or ignore what the team at Sports Interactive do, instead, take their game as the example of what we have to aim for the future if we want to build a truly successful franchise. We're restarting the PRM franchise but Football manager is the perfect example to follow.

The scouting system within PRM15 allows you to send scouts all over the world to research up & coming players. With each passing "year" within the game, new youth players are created for scouts to feedback on.
As soon as a player reaches 17 years of age, they are eligible for contract negotiations and can be added to your academy system with a view to moving them up to the senior squad.

The fourth screenshot seems to show an unlicensed second tier for England. Looks promising, hopefully the teams will be pretty close to what they are called, e.g just Plymouth, Rotherham, Yorkshire etc.

I mean you can't license place names can you???

We will use place names for the stadium name and a slightly tweaked team name for the second tier in England.

How many, if any, coaches or management type people within clubs were consulted regarding various aspects of the gameplay (squad training, player signings etc)?

During the early stages of development we consulted with a few managers and the Cyanide team is made up of extremely passionate players and fans

Does each team have a unique play style ? For example do Saracens play a defensive game and Leinster go and attack at every possibility ?

Each team will have, at their core, the characteristic play style and attitude that you associate with them but with PRM being a management simulation the point of the game is to allow you, the new manager, to shape the team and their journey through the seasons. If you've always thought that your favourite club are too reliant on ball through the centres or kicking for field position then you can shift your focus in player acquisition, training and team selection towards a forward heavy, aggressive approach

- Will the game have an infinite amount of years if possible?
- In the first 2 games, regens worked for a set period of time, then started to not appear. How much has the youth system in the game improved?
- Does the game reflect the rules on Home based players in each country and each leagues rules on this?
- Will it include the NRC (Australia's new league)?
- Will there be any depth under the 2 top English leagues?

- We tried to simplify the regen creation in order to have more control on it. Basically it is based on the same system as before but the way in which you control your scout system is easier. We've reduced the number of scoutable countries to focus more closely on the major rugby markets and the system will also result in a greater selection of young, up-and-coming players
- Unfortunately, we were unable to implement these changes in this version of the game but we're focused on making PRM15 as complete and rewarding an experience as we can
- For the release of PRM15 we are focusing on the major European leagues. Adding in additional leagues is certainly something that we're keen to pursue in the future
- Whilst we re-launch the PRM franchise, we are focusing on just the leagues announced already

What features if any are customizable to allow for modding e.g. player profile pictures, kits, club badges etc?

The aim with this first, re-launch of the PRM series is to put the player firmly in the driving seat of their favourite pro rugby club so unfortunately modifying player stats, playing kit and club names isn't something that is going to be available in PRM15. That's not to say that modifiable teams / clubs aren't something that could be included in the future and if there is interest from the community it's certainly something that could be investigated

Will there be unofficial Southern Hemisphere competitions like they had in Pro Rugby Manager 2005? Or will it only have the Northern Hemisphere licensed competitions?

As mentioned elsewhere, for PRM2015 we are focusing on the major European leagues, but we're certainly keen to expand to other leagues in the future

Thanks for your questions everyone, keep them coming!

Has the match engine been tweaked at all? The games on the old PRM were prohibitively long if I remember, it'd be nice to be able to adjust speed, see only highlights, etc.

How are the economics of the game? Do player prices and wages pretty much stay at current rates for as long as you play or is there some fluctuation?

Latest posts