• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anychance Of A List Of Team Rankings

L

loratadine

last year locks posted up all the teams with there rankings - is there anychance you could do this again this tear?

Yeah i would like to see that again - someone mentioned that Australia are third or forth overall, with NZL no.1 followed by RSA...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
New Zealand was statistically the best team in the game, followed closely by England and South Africa[/b]

according to the MyGen preview

I think its great that Hb- actually updated their teams and rankings - cause if u check the IRB world rankings u will see that

1) NZ
2) RSA
3) FRANCE
4) England
5) Australia

I felt that Rugby Games tend to lead on the world champions as no1. wich is england - but we all know NZ is the best team in the world - And yes this is coming from a huge Springbok supporter - Sometimes the best is just the best

this is how i expect the rankings to go

nz 92
rsa 91
fra 90
eng 89
wal 89
aus 88
ire 86
sco 82
arg 81

Ouch, Ireland so low
<

We'll just have to prove ourselves this year for the RWC Games well have out next year
<

Originally posted by richllew@Jan 23 2006, 04:01 PM
i heard that england are second after new zealand
Tee hee
<
... that should **** off ... well ... just about everyone on this board then!!

Maybe it's because <light fuse>

We won the cup -- we won the cup --
<

<run away - run away>

england are a good team - but not as good as sa or fra at the moment they are on par with wales.

Very fair comment sir - and very big of you not to rise to my childish bait!

To be honest I would put FRA at 2, and SA at 3 - with England, Wales, and Australia at a pretty much equal 4th at the moment.
Yes they both beat Aus, but they were both playing at home which statistically is worth about 6 points.

At least it should mean there are several teams that can be played which have a chance of winning (and of beating you) in RC2006, rather than the single SuperTeam that England were in the orginal.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 04:31 AM
england are a good team - but not as good as sa or fra at the moment they are on par with wales.
Give me a break!!

You won last year, but recent form? - How did you fair against NZ?

On par with Wales - haha

I think it would be fair to be similar to something like this:

New Zealand
France
England
South Africa
Australia/Wales
Argentina
Ireland
Scotland
Italy

etc

sa had a bad autum by loosing to france- but i dont think people realise how good france were in the autum - they might have evn beat the all blacks - sa are the only team to beat nz this year and theyve only lost three times to quality sides - sa are better than england and wales.

bman - grow up mate - youre alot older than me but yet you still act like a gimp - england are a top quality outfit - and so are wales - we try to play offensively whereas you try to play defensely - i personally hate this - 0o0 we got beaten by less by a certain team that means where better if thats the case you lost to ireland by 6 pts i believe and we beat ireland by 12 pts so that makes us 18 pts better than you - this is sarcasm by the way - as im more than man enough to admit england are one hell of a team and on there day can match anyone - but i think a side who can beat an aussie team with 6 players missing and not just normal players british lions players are a good team. im not making exscuses for us its fact - we had six players missing. take sheridan,grewcock,corry,hodgson,lewsey and thompson out of hq and see if england would have still have lost to nz by 4 pts.

england and wales will be a great game and i really think it could go either way depending on a number of things - such as the weather and who turns up on the day - obviously a wet and windy day may favour the english as they dont like to pass it out wide... that is not an insult its the bloody truth it doesnt mean there a bad team - it means they only play 15 man rugby in minor bursts and against teams like canada and samoa.

All this stuff bout rescent form though is crap - i like to look at a teams performanc throughout the whole year and way up possible scenarios how to how the results have come about - wales lost two games all year - compared to englands 4, we also scored 3 times as many tries as england. lets try and drop it as i feel i cant air my points towards you as youre such a narrow minded idiots - dont answer back with the "he a racist english basher" because im not - theres plenty of the english guys i like and respect on here - most notably harrison 24/68 as he can construct a proper arguement and respect others opinions. england are not a better team than wales in my opinion - there on par - both capable of beating one another

I really dont know whats all the fuss about

If you look at the IRB world rankings (ITS THERE FOR THIS TYPE OF ARGUMENT) you will see who is the better PERFORMING sides of a season.

Guys like really relax -

I'm just glad that a team that deserves to be on top is on top this time round - cause England wasnt all that great in 2005 yet they ruled in the game. MMMm wonder if HB is doing the queen.

Its a joke btw

Cheers

Originally posted by Cain@Jan 24 2006, 06:25 PM

If you look at the IRB world rankings (ITS THERE FOR THIS TYPE OF ARGUMENT) you will see who is the better PERFORMING sides of a season.

Guys like really relax -

I'm just glad that a team that deserves to be on top is on top this time round - cause England wasnt all that great in 2005 yet they ruled in the game. MMMm wonder if HB is doing the queen.

Its a joke btw

Cheers
I am with you bud. The IRB rankings will seperate your heart from your brain and will give you who is the best in the world at the moment weither you like the team or not!! NZ are number one at the moment they had a great year well done guys. I am really glad the old SA NZ rivalry is back
<
the game that truly gets my heart going!

Yeah well u know what they say

Springbok Fans think alike ,

Just cant wait for WC2007 , Gonna be one hell of a tough one for every team

Cheers

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 24 2006, 06:44 AM
sa had a bad autum by loosing to france- but i dont think people realise how good france were in the autum - they might have evn beat the all blacks - sa are the only team to beat nz this year and theyve only lost three times to quality sides - sa are better than england and wales.

bman - grow up mate - youre alot older than me but yet you still act like a gimp - england are a top quality outfit - and so are wales - we try to play offensively whereas you try to play defensely - i personally hate this - 0o0 we got beaten by less by a certain team that means where better if thats the case you lost to ireland by 6 pts i believe and we beat ireland by 12 pts so that makes us 18 pts better than you - this is sarcasm by the way - as im more than man enough to admit england are one hell of a team and on there day can match anyone - but i think a side who can beat an aussie team with 6 players missing and not just normal players british lions players are a good team. im not making exscuses for us its fact - we had six players missing. take sheridan,grewcock,corry,hodgson,lewsey and thompson out of hq and see if england would have still have lost to nz by 4 pts.

england and wales will be a great game and i really think it could go either way depending on a number of things - such as the weather and who turns up on the day - obviously a wet and windy day may favour the english as they dont like to pass it out wide... that is not an insult its the bloody truth it doesnt mean there a bad team - it means they only play 15 man rugby in minor bursts and against teams like canada and samoa.

All this stuff bout rescent form though is crap - i like to look at a teams performanc throughout the whole year and way up possible scenarios how to how the results have come about - wales lost two games all year - compared to englands 4, we also scored 3 times as many tries as england. lets try and drop it as i feel i cant air my points towards you as youre such a narrow minded idiots - dont answer back with the "he a racist english basher" because im not - theres plenty of the english guys i like and respect on here - most notably harrison 24/68 as he can construct a proper arguement and respect others opinions. england are not a better team than wales in my opinion - there on par - both capable of beating one another
Sorry mate - it's just the usual Welsh/English banter. Strange how you thought England were on par with Wales, and didn't care to mention any other team though. For what it's worth though, i think England are better than Wales. Only France and NZ are better then England. Can't really comment on SA.

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 24 2006, 07:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 24 2006, 07:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Cain
@Jan 24 2006, 06:25 PM

Guys like really relax -

Its a joke btw

Cheers
I am with you bud. The IRB rankings will seperate your heart from your brain and will give you who is the best in the world at the moment weither you like the team or not!! NZ are number one at the moment they had a great year well done guys. I am really glad the old SA NZ rivalry is back
<
the game that truly gets my heart going! [/b]

Damn right. Whatever anyone says the greatest rivalry in rugby is New Zealand Vs South Africa.

By the way Bokke, whos your team in the Super 14?

Sharks(AKA Banana Boys in SA Kafta eat your heart out!). I love the boys but have been going through a rebuilding stage so I hope that they improve this year alot of young inexperienced players. Man they have the worst schedule of any Super 14 team this year so I am not getting my hopes up.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Jan 24 2006, 09:19 PM
Sharks(AKA Banana Boys in SA Kafta eat your heart out!). I love the boys but have been going through a rebuilding stage so I hope that they improve this year alot of young inexperienced players. Man they have the worst schedule of any Super 14 team this year so I am not getting my hopes up.

The sharks used to be my favourite S African super 12 side. I followed them for a while up until they lost some good players and then did what all the S African sides do, and changed their strip to something less colourful.

Actually, why are nearly all the sides in the Super 12 based around white, black, red or blue? Where are the green teams, the orange (like Netherlands soccer), purple (Melbourne Storm - League) and the like?

I thought these new Aussie and African sides might of brought something new to look at on field.

Unimportant issue, but hey, why not?

Latest posts