• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone good with their words?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 14 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I apologise sir! I prevented myself from portraying a sophisticated demeanor on this issue as it would create a detrimental effect upon the 'nit-wit lothario' image I have mustered since the inception of my tenure on this humble board.[/b]

Stop being a sophisticated rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 14 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 14 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I apologise sir! I prevented myself from portraying a sophisticated demeanor on this issue as it would create a detrimental effect upon the 'nit-wit lothario' image I have mustered since the inception of my tenure on this humble board.[/b]

Stop being a sophisticated rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.
[/b][/quote]

Who got a thesaurus last christmas?

Orwell would be horrified by their pretentious diction.

I refer you to his essay "Politics & the English Language" from April, 1946.
He presents a valid and irrefutable argument for stamping out this sort of verbose prattle from the English language.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 14 2008, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who got a thesaurus last christmas?[/b]

Matt, when I was a child I didn't read myself bed time stories, I read the dictionary. Taught myself 30 words a night. True that.

Latest posts