• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone with the Rugby Paper? Gopperth on Lozowski

Raggs

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Apparently there was a rugby paper article with Gopperth talking about Alex Lozowski. Anyone got a subscription?

Very interested to know 1. What he thinks and 2. If there's a reason we've not seen Loz yet. 3. If we'll see Loz soon :D.

He says he is leaving because Dai doesn't rate him.

He is on the verge of signing for Quins as a replacement for Evans.

;)

I'll have a look now for you.

Fair enough. We'll just have to put an extra 30 past your lot to make ourselves feel better ;).

Cheers :D.

Don't know how visible this is on phone.

vGz70g9.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1446111973.885299.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1446111973.885299.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 16
Fantastic, cheers for that :). Really hope Loz gets some actual game time, since you can only learn so much on the training paddock.

Think I've seen this lad run out for Wasps before, not at 10 though.

He was very quick and has buckets of talent, of concern is his continued lack of game time.

I'd ask why...

He came on against Bath when we made our comeback (still smashed, but grabbed the 4 try bonus). He finished a university course, only started rugby full time last season, so not comparable to Ford/Slade/Farrell in many ways. However he will need to start playing more this season and next if he's ever going to develop. No obvious weakness other than being young and perhaps intimidated so far, but that comes with experience.

Good player... but Gopperth's previous experience of English 10's is, what... Clegg?

Not surprised he thinks he's in England contention, considering that.

Good player... but Gopperth's previous experience of English 10's is, what... Clegg?

Not surprised he thinks he's in England contention, considering that.

Gopperth is looking like a doddery basset hound in the latter years of his career but I'm still happy enough that he knows talent when he sees it - has plenty years experience with the Canes, Wellington and Leinster amongst others.

He says he is leaving because Dai doesn't rate him.

He is on the verge of signing for Quins as a replacement for Evans.

;)

I'll have a look now for you.

See whilst I might have seen like I was having a giggle my sources seem to be on the ball, (according to rugby paper).

Was that from actual sources, or just another Quins will need a 10 soon, and for another season they'll be linked to everyone going?

Was that from actual sources, or just another Quins will need a 10 soon, and for another season they'll be linked to everyone going?

Actual source.

Granted they will be looking for 10's all round but from what I have been told he is one of there higher priority targets to get as a 10.

Well as much as I'd hate to lose him, if he's not going to be starting at Wasps, and if Quins have offered him the starting shirt, it's a bloody good option for him.

It's irritating to me to see a very promising young English player kicking his heels on the bench while an non-English journeyman (I don't mean that as an insult) plays in his position.

The quid pro quo of English players not being allowed to play overseas should surely be that this doesn't happen.

Last edited: