• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZC Week 2 – 6th August

J

Jethro

Week 2 kicks off with the Taniwha home to the Naki. It’s almost a must win for both sides really even at this early stage of the competition. I’ve got a feeling Northland will lodge the points at home though Taranaki wont be left asking questions. Win to Northland with standard points. (I’m on a train between Sydney and Newcastle so the game is probably already underway across the ditch).

Harbour will be brimming with confidence after snatching the upset over the Crushers in week 1 and will add another South Island scalp to the totem pile in week 2. The Makos don’t look like easy beats at this stage but North Harbour are starting the season at full gallop.

A Highlander derby sees Otago coming off almost snatching the shield off the Lions up against a confident Stags outfit. I’m going with the home team here as the House of Pain factor is going to kick in big time.

On the page Waikato should have little problem accounting for Manawatu, but was that really the Poo playing last weekend? I’m going to go with the stats and give an open running game to Mooloo under duress. Waikato to win and look toward bonus point city.

Surprisingly the match of the round sees the high flying Magpies up against the Lions as two of the big franchises clash early. The Bay accounted for the “A†team with ease last weekend but will face a stronger task in shield holders the Lions who have a couple of AB players on call. Still it’s at Fortress MacLean so I’m going to drop another tick in the Maggies win column. Should be a ripper and will be close, the home side need to come home in top gear.

Strangely an Auckland v Canterbury clash isn’t exactly high on the agenda over the weekend, been a while since I’ve said that if ever. An inexpierance “A†team to go down big time against the rampaging Crushers smarting from a first up lose. It’s going to be trench warfire out there with the rear gunner punishing any Auckland indiscretions.

Final game of the round sees the Steelers at home against the Steamers. Not going to win any friends here but I’m ticking Counties-Manukau to pip Bay of Plenty on a hunch, in other words I have no idea and have just gone with the home team.

Jesus, I was suprised to see Tasman get up with the win. The other results didn't really suprise me too much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 8 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jesus, I was suprised to see Tasman get up with the win. The other results didn't really suprise me too much.[/b]

Surprised the hell out of me since I got most of them wrong, oh well will do better this week. Jeez the Stags are going okay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Aug 11 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 8 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus, I was suprised to see Tasman get up with the win. The other results didn't really suprise me too much.[/b]

Surprised the hell out of me since I got most of them wrong, oh well will do better this week. Jeez the Stags are going okay.
[/b][/quote]
What I meant was: I didn't pick all the teams who won but I knew there was a high chance of upsets.

Latest posts