• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina June Tests

Sorry, I got mixed up. The rest is mandatory for some players, mainly for the ones who are still playing playoffs in France and England. They are not going to have vacations after the June tests because of the preparations for the TRC so they should have some weeks off in June.

Contepomi decided not to play the TRC.

Regarding players like Carizza or Agulla, Phelan decided to rest them. I think he wants them fresh to start by mid June the physical training for the TRC.

I am fine with this team playing Italy but I think France is definitely too much for them. If he decides to continue to play an "A" team in June, it will be a good opportunity to play against Tier 2 nations

I'm looking forward to seeing Tuculet play.
I think it's a little unfair to say he's a reserve player: He kept Cueto out of the side until he got he tore a hamstring. Hasn't played a lot recently but started a few 'A' team games. If fit he'd make the first choice 23 at least.

Amigos, going off the announcement from Tati Phelan my thoughts are...

Suggested XV to face Italy:
15 Joaquín Tuculet
14 Belisario Agulla
13 Agustín Gozio
12 Felipe Contepomi
11 Manuel Montero
10 Ignacio Mieres
9 Tomás Cubelli
8 Leonardo Senatore
7 Tomás de la Vega
6 Tomás Leonardi
5 Santiago Guzmán
4 Julio Farías Cabello
3 Francisco Gómez Kodela
2 Andrés Bordoy
1 Rodrigo Roncero

Bench: 16 Bruno Postiglioni, 17 Francisco Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 18 Rodrigo Baez, 19 Genaro Fessia, 20 Martín Landajo, 21 Benjamin Urdapilleta, 22 Gabriel Ascárate

Wow and that was with a pretty much 3/4th choice Puma team. Brazil are a million miles away

True but Brazil made loads of changes for the game to have its top players playing vs both Chile and Uruguay. Brazil vs Uruguay was today with Brazil leading 12-8 at halftime. Uruguay won though, 27-15 in the end. See here.

Sorry, I got mixed up. The rest is mandatory for some players, mainly for the ones who are still playing playoffs in France and England. They are not going to have vacations after the June tests because of the preparations for the TRC so they should have some weeks off in June.

Contepomi decided not to play the TRC.

Regarding players like Carizza or Agulla, Phelan decided to rest them. I think he wants them fresh to start by mid June the physical training for the TRC.

I am fine with this team playing Italy but I think France is definitely too much for them. If he decides to continue to play an "A" team in June, it will be a good opportunity to play against Tier 2 nations

Thats right.. the players are being given time off.

Roncero is only playing in the first two tests and then will officially retire.

It seems that players will return, not all but some. Since Racing Métro and Montpellier have been eliminated then players from these teams will likely be drafted in to at least play in the third match. Those who did not go to the World Cup or went but never played or viertually never played - Hernández, Bustos Moyano, Galindo, Max Bustos and Vallejos should play.

and Horacio Agulla has no club so that doesn't explain why he is not in the squad, same with Manuel Carizza

Agulla is going back to France. Just not sure which Top 14 club but he is returning there according to unnamed Leicester Tigers players.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been super inconsistent in the quality of their squads, haven't they...
I remember how they beat us in the 1st R in '07, and then a BIG victory for Bronze like 34-10 I believe...
And in 2010 (I think ?) they beat us big again, scoring around 40pts...
but then again, historically we beat them 75% of the time.

I dunno about this year, but reading this thread uh yeah...no good. France MUST keep from underestimating their opponents. We're infamous for that !...

That won't go down well.
I like it, but not as a Pumas kit.
The sky blue and white hoops are iconic.

AuUh4UzCIAAZ_PL.jpg

Nike has taken over from Adidas as the Pumas kit maker, and have removed the blue and white hoops that the traditional Pumas jersey has always previously had, and in my opinion taken away some of the history and heritage of the Pumas

they've always played in blue and white hoops, so why an earth have Nike changed it? this is equivalent of the All Blacks playing with white shorts

Can I make the point that kit is not all down to Nike and kit manufacturers, common misconception. People within the ARU will have also had a say and signed off on it. So it's not purely down to Nike, not a fan of it by the way.

Can I make the point that kit is not all down to Nike and kit manufacturers, common misconception. People within the ARU will have also had a say and signed off on it. So it's not purely down to Nike, not a fan of it by the way.

Yep, that is all true.
I wonder why the ARU approved it.

Another national 'training shirt'.

This kit is provisional. It will be used only for the June tests. Nike wants to present the permanent kit weeks before the TRC and I presume the stripes will be back.
But with Nike you never know.

In 2003 JAPAN and CCC made New-age Design shirt, Means Say good bye to Traditional Hoops Shirt, but white and red hoops still now onto shirt as a part of design, I hope Nike and UAR make good job.

Like Luchito said the new shirt is only to be used for June. The Nike one for The Rugby Championship will be different, but no leaks just yet.

I would suggest it will be similar to this one (below) worn today by backrower, Leo Senatore. Just change the Jaguar to put the actual UAR logo and thats probably it.

556643_10150877428282695_194862052694_10039585_786059438_n.jpg

Latest posts